Ipswich the latest to be linked with Templeton

Sydney from Sydney

It didn't do Craig Gordon any harm. Footballers' careers are precarious. Guaranteed good earnings for another couple of years whatever his injury or form issues AND the probability of a good move if he shows he is good enough ... not much downside that I can see, especially given that "arranged" moves to the OF have not had a great track record as far as players careers are concerned.

Craig Gordon signed the kind of "massive" contract I was alluding to. What I meant was that there is no point in Templeton tying himself up for another couple of years beyond what he already is, unless its worth a barrow load of immediate and guaranteed money for him, and unless it has a release clause ( not sure whether Gordon had one or not but I imagine there was) I think Driver also did the same thing. i.e was offered a big contract not long after he had signed a lesser one.

Frankenstein Jambo.

Well he (I think) has 3 years to run on his deal, Boris - I'm not sure Franks hard line attitude is really warranted?

Where has the lad ever gave Hearts any problems?

He has quite a considerable chunk of his contract to go, whats he getting excited over?

TBH I was only pissing about, looking for a reaction.

I think Temps is a class act, probably the best prospect in the league. If we can get another season with him playing at the kind of level he is playing at now he will move on no doubt. Clubs like ours can't hold onto players of that claibre for long as big money clubs offer to much for us to reject.

Seymour M Hersh

I dont know where Templeton is from or which of the Old Firm clubs he feels an affiliation to ( I suspect Celtic). I dont know even if the Old firm clubs are that big a draw for really good players who could earn more money elsewhere these days, but you can bet your life that if Templeton has a burning desire to play for either side of the Old Firm then he will already have been tapped up, or his agent will, he'll have been tipped a wink to hang on and not sign another contract and he'll end up going there. Whats more he'll probably end up going there for nothing.

It all depends if he thinks at any stage that he could actually do better than the Old Firm, which to me means upper end English premiership or a big league in Europe. There is no sense, for him personally in him signing another contract with Hearts at this stage in his career unless its a massive one.

I think Temps is from Ayrshire. He was named after Davie Cooper iirc.

I heard temps WWAS a big Celtic fan in his younger years. He had a chance of either us, Celtic or Rangers but choose us due to our youth system. What I've heard is he's a Jambo now, loves the club. :thumbsup:

Disclaimer: I don't talk pish when I've heard things like this, someone did tell me.

Not long now - 4th of December and the "******" will be running one of it's exclusives linking him with Rangers!!!

We sold gordon for 9 million and nothing got done with it. Romanov has been talking about champions league quality players coming to hearts. Bullsh*t. Witteveen. Obua. Nade. Even if we sell temps for top dollar I don't see what use it will have. It seems like the money we get for players just dissapears.

Not long now - 4th of December and the "******" will be running one of it's exclusives linking him with Rangers!!!

21th that day. :thumbsup: Hope I'll have another reason to celabrate.

:laugh: :laugh:

Var - past it. Freidel - past it. Shawrzer and howard? Did you see howard at the weekend?

:mellow:

The scary thing is that you are being serious.

We sold gordon for 9 million and nothing got done with it. Romanov has been talking about champions league quality players coming to hearts. Bullsh*t. Witteveen. Obua. Nade. Even if we sell temps for top dollar I don't see what use it will have. It seems like the money we get for players just dissapears.

It can't just disappear, it has to go into the club's books. A lot of it has been frittered away giving overgenerous contracts to bad players, but on the other hand UBIG have just done a second debt-for-equity swap.

It can't just disappear, it has to go into the club's books. A lot of it has been frittered away giving overgenerous contracts to bad players, but on the other hand UBIG have just done a second debt-for-equity swap.

One has followed the other. What UBIG have done is to capitalise the losses created by those crazy contracts. I'm relieved about that. We haven't sold the stadium to pay for the wages of the likes of Kingston and Nade.

Last time the Pieman tried to sell the stadium to pay for the losses caused by the wages of the likes of Maybury and Stamp.

Charlie-Brown

One has followed the other. What UBIG have done is to capitalise the losses created by those crazy contracts. I'm relieved about that. We haven't sold the stadium to pay for the wages of the likes of Kingston and Nade.

Last time the Pieman tried to sell the stadium to pay for the losses caused by the wages of the likes of Maybury and Stamp.

Maybury, Stamp, S.Adam, Tomascek, Simpson, Mahe, Petric, D.Jackson, McSwegan, Pressley amongst others

Archived