propaganda starts.

exiledinnewcastle

LMFAO...... club never in better shape?

Oh dear... and to think the bloke looks like he has at least half a brain cell in the picture as well.

It's called marketing. We ever used to bother with that sort of thing. Glad we do now.

Dunno, the truth once in a blue moon would be nice too.

LMFAO...... club never in better shape?

Oh dear... and to think the bloke looks like he has at least half a brain cell in the picture as well.

Bit of a selective quote there, misinterpretting his words. He is right, in some ways the club is in better shape than it has ever been.

In other ways, it isn't. But it is a positive marketing article designed to try and sell tickets.

The boy obviously thinks that the club are in good shape and he has put his money where his mouth is.

Fair play to him.

Bit of a selective quote there, misinterpretting his words. He is right, in some ways the club is in better shape than it has ever been.

In other ways, it isn't. But it is a positive marketing article designed to try and sell tickets.

There is not one single way IN A FOOTBALLING SENSE, that we're in better shape than ever before. Not one.

The ways in which we are in better shape than ever before all relate to off the pitch affairs - free strips / tickets for schools, marketing etc.

Given that we are a FOOTBALL CLUB, i'd suggest that when the end product ON THE PITCH is arguably in the WORST shape its ever been in, the rest becomes irrelevant. I for oen couldnt really give a 5h1t if we're giving out free tickets to 7 year olds to be honest, and things like that definately do not make buying a season ticket a more appealing prospect - what i'm seeing on the park each week is of far more concern to me.....

Colonel Kurtz
The boy obviously thinks that the club are in good shape and he has put his money where his mouth is.

Fair play to him.

Do you seriously think for a minute roddy actually said the words attributed to him.

Its a "daz doorstep challenge" quote

Roddy should have walked along to saughton park to be with the rest of the plants.

Is this honestly how bad we've become?

Havin a pop at a Jambo for renewing his season ticket?

Making comments as to the guys looks?

Get a grip FFS

exiledinnewcastle

As I said, I'm not usually cynical and in general I think the club are making positive moves in terms of marketing etc. but "I have faith in the setup at Tynecastle....etc" seems like a fed line to me.

as someone said the guys put his money where his mouth is and renewed, fair play, not got a problem with that.

To be honest, I'm not sure why I have a problem with it at all, it just doesn't seem right to me, the guy is either being fed the lines to quote or was a dream come true when he walked through the doors.

Well done Roddy,get on this board and lift the doom and gloom merchants on here!

I truly wish there were more real fans like yourself,not the whingin,moaning bandwagon jumpers that frequent this board!!!

Well done Roddy,get on this board and lift the doom and gloom merchants on here!

I truly wish there were more real fans like yourself,not the whingin,moaning bandwagon jumpers that frequent this board!!!

Too true Eggo. We need real fans like you who don't go to away games to support the team.

Eggo.... Self appointed Super-Fan-Uber Jambo # 73

There are some right clowns on JKB these days.

A guy renews his ST, puts his money where his mouth his (and renews for his kids) yet he gets slagged off.

Usual big mouths on here are the ones who don't even follow and support their team.

PATHETIC

Colonel Kurtz

Anybody who buys a ST before a new manager is appointed is doing the club a disservice.

If Romanov gets enough mugs to do so,we will be stuck with Shaggy.

He will wait to see if the fans take the crap being fed to them,and take the cheapest option.

The best thing to do is not to renew until you are happy Romanov is not taking the pesh yet again.

If you look closely at the photo ,you can actually see the beetroot soup stains round Roddys gob.

Romanovs people will next get some finger fed ex player to tell us to renew

Not that I am confident that Rooddy actually said this, but it's a bit of a straw man argument is it not?

Let's face it, things have been a lot worse than this.

Ok then, so lets drag everybodys memories back to the bad old days of the 1st division or the pie man era. Very lame point to put across IMO.

It means **** all to me that things have been worse than they are now.

Does the fact that Hearts were once in the 1st division make them feel better about ruining our club & shafting the fans up the dirt box?

****ing lame.

I find it interesting to see that he sits in front of the Wheatfield stand.

Ladies and gentlement I give you our first new signing for the up and coming new management team.

How much does a season ticket cost for a seat on the pitch?

It must be me but I cannot find a seat location on the pitch anywhere in the advertising:)

It is generally acknowledged the club "is in better shape in many ways" and this relates mainly to our off the park set-up. To build a solid house you need strong foundations and we have these like we never had with CPR especially in sales and marketing. They will want a fair return on their investment which can only come from success on the park.

I detect we are now moving in the right direction, although it's early days, towards rectifying the ills on the field. Ogilvie is in place, which is a good appointment, as managing Director. If he fulfils his remit soon to unveil a top manager who in turn brings quality coaching/scouting staff to complement the likes of Frail and John Murray then we may see better quality signings as well as the phased emergence of our most promising youths.

If Ogilvie does not fulfil the commitment adequately, then a lot of the remaining goodwill of fans will disappear and it will be a long road back. Frail is doing a decent job but cannot be the answer as he appears to be short on the requisite coaching certificates.

BTW I shall be renewing. I support Hearts. End of.

Anybody who buys a ST before a new manager is appointed is doing the club a disservice.

If Romanov gets enough mugs to do so,we will be stuck with Shaggy.

He will wait to see if the fans take the crap being fed to them,and take the cheapest option.

The best thing to do is not to renew until you are happy Romanov is not taking the pesh yet again.

If you look closely at the photo ,you can actually see the beetroot soup stains round Roddys gob.

Romanovs people will next get some finger fed ex player to tell us to renew

It is just a bit of marketing fluff to put on the website. Fair enough.

As is the right of the chap to have an opinion on how the club is doing. I think it is amateurish/dangerously run at all levels - and that much of the supposed improvement on the commercial side is the equivalent of giving away money - but the chap on the website does not. He's entitled to that opinion.

I don't think that the season ticket sale uptake will change VR's intentions for the club one way or another.

But I do enjoy the Colonel's comments about the soup takers every so often ...

Walter Bishop

I tell you what though i would swap the first 5 plonkers for the 5 after them in the poster any day!!!!!:):)

chester copperpot
Too true Eggo. We need real fans like you who don't go to away games to support the team.

Fair play to the guy for putting his money with his mouth is.

Lets not slate the guy for renewing or voicing an opinion. At the end of the day, we all have them, so lets not argue calling him a muppet or the like.

I only wish I shared his optimism, I would love to feel like that again.

Fair play to the guy for putting his money with his mouth is.

Lets not slate the guy for renewing or voicing an opinion. At the end of the day, we all have them, so lets not argue calling him a muppet or the like.

I only wish I shared his optimism, I would love to feel like that again.

But the fact is Eggo doesn't go to away games. He has no right to preach his pish to anyone who does.

Get a grip FFS

Spot on Mr S.

chester copperpot
But the fact is Eggo doesn't go to away games. He has no right to preach his pish to anyone who does.

Sorry I only used your quote as I started laughing at your comment back to Eggo after him having another pop.

Didn't mean that as a go at you mate.

Guest Dipped Flake
There are some right clowns on JKB these days.

A guy renews his ST, puts his money where his mouth his (and renews for his kids) yet he gets slagged off.

Usual big mouths on here are the ones who don't even follow and support their team.

PATHETIC

Couldn't agree more (not something I normally say to a lot of your posts!!). I must admit to finding it a real chore nowadays to logon to this site as most of the comments would not look out of place over at hibsnet. In fact I find that site a lot easier to take as you expect them to hate the Hearts.

Colonel Kurtz
It is just a bit of marketing fluff to put on the website. Fair enough.

As is the right of the chap to have an opinion on how the club is doing. I think it is amateurish/dangerously run at all levels - and that much of the supposed improvement on the commercial side is the equivalent of giving away money - but the chap on the website does not. He's entitled to that opinion.

I don't think that the season ticket sale uptake will change VR's intentions for the club one way or another.

But I do enjoy the Colonel's comments about the soup takers every so often ...

As soon as we renew ,we abdicate our only bargaining tool.

We have no other way of "changing Vlads intentions"

I doubt we will break 10k ,but if its under 5k renewals then Romanov will be forced to act

colinmaroon

Get a grip FFS

Mr S, I couldn't agree with you more!!! It is really pathetic and no amount of spitting out the dummy can excuse such petty vindictiveness!!!

JKB is getting a bit like the reading the Red Tops.

Years ago, you would read it for the football only, because the rest of the paper, by and large, was journalism at its worst - petty, vindictive and sensationalist.

Then that same editorial philosophy crept into football reporting in a big way and it got to the point where you can hardly bring yourself to look at a paper at all.

JKB is now plumbing the depths of personal vindictiveness against fellow supporters, regularly - and I think it's a racing certainty that Roddy Elliot is a Hearts fan and not a hobo in disguise - who actually do what the job description describes and support the team.

Colonel Kurtz
Mr S, I couldn't agree with you more!!! It is really pathetic and no amount of spitting out the dummy can excuse such petty vindictiveness!!!

Years ago, you would read it for the football only, because the rest of the paper, by and large, was journalism at its worst - petty, vindictive and sensationalist.

Then that same editorial philosophy crept into football reporting in a big way and it got to the point where you can hardly bring yourself to look at a paper at all.

JKB is now plumbing the depths of personal vindictiveness against fellow supporters, regularly - and I think it's a racing certainty that Roddy Elliot is a Hearts fan and not a hobo in disguise - who actually do what the job description describes and support the team.

RANDY RODDY RENEWAL ROW says the Sun

RENEWAL COULD EFFECT HOME COUNTIES HOUSE PRICES says The Mail

RODDY SUSPECT IN MADELINE DISAPPEARANCE says The EXpress and The Star (topical)

WE"LL WIN CUP IN 2008 SAYS MIXU says The Edinburgh EVening ERIN

You're right

Its sad what Romanov has done to the club and its fans

"Let's face it, things have been a lot worse than this".

Someone said this is good marketing!

:rofl:

I'm selling a used car, an Audi.

It has 2 bald tyres, the painwork is badly scratched and its petrol engine has done 110 000 miles.

Maybe Roddy will give me a couple of grand for it cos there are a lot worse cars out there.

:rofl:

There is not one single way IN A FOOTBALLING SENSE, that we're in better shape than ever before. Not one.

I know that, you know that, Roddy probably knows that.

Nobody has said in that article that we are better off in a footballing sense, so why did you bring it up?

It is nonsense, imagine trying to positvley promote the sell of season tickets, it is an utter disgrace.

We should have adverts in the paper saying DO NOT BUY and quotes on the website from fans saying

'The club is disgrace. We have gone backwards since Pieman left'.

That would make much more sense.

I know that, you know that, Roddy probably knows that.

Nobody has said in that article that we are better off in a footballing sense, so why did you bring it up?

Because in case you've forgotten - we're supposed to be A FOOTBALL CLUB.

Therefore, its the footballing sense that should matter most. Not giving away free tickets to bairns. And in the sense that matters most - we are NOT any better off in any way shape or form.

Colonel Kurtz
It is nonsense, imagine trying to positvley promote the sell of season tickets, it is an utter disgrace.

We should have adverts in the paper saying DO NOT BUY and quotes on the website from fans saying

'The club is disgrace. We have gone backwards since Pieman left'.

That would make much more sense.

Rather than sound byte marketing ,perhaps a tangible gesture of committment to the football side of the business from Romanov would be preferable to some.

Rather than sound byte marketing ,perhaps a tangible gesture of committment to the football side of the business from Romanov would be preferable to some.

As ever on the ball CK. The majority of us are sick to the back teeth with the nonsense emanating from his regime.

Not normally doom and gloom however can't help thinking of a free ST in exchange for attributing the quotes to Roddy!!

Possibly that would be better - buit does not mean we can not go down the propaganda route either, every football club and organisation in the world (even Governments) does it when they want something - especially money.

Not normally doom and gloom however can't help thinking of a free ST in exchange for attributing the quotes to Roddy!!

Today, 12:30 PM #1 (permalink)

Julio

1st Team Squad Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

goes to Roddy Elliot who is todays EEN as the first season ticket holder to renew.

"I have faith in the set up" Well clearly there are still some taken in by VR and the regime.

"In many ways the club has never been in better shape" Go on Roddy please enlighten us on this nugget of wisdom.

"Lets face it. Things have been a lot worse" Now Roddy has been a season ticket holder for 12 years. In the last 12 years maybe he could enlighten us to when its been a lot worse.

Hibernian FC Forever in Our Shadow

Fear not. I'm sure this lovely positive marketing will have folk stampeding down Gorgie road and in to mcleod street fighting each other to be the first to throw their money at the ticket office........

colinmaroon
RANDY RODDY RENEWAL ROW says the Sun

RENEWAL COULD EFFECT HOME COUNTIES HOUSE PRICES says The Mail

RODDY SUSPECT IN MADELINE DISAPPEARANCE says The EXpress and The Star (topical)

WE"LL WIN CUP IN 2008 SAYS MIXU says The Edinburgh EVening ERIN

:):):):)

THE GLOBAL FUND FOR FARTIN' WITH THE PLANET announced today that Global Warming has at last been traced to the heat generated on a "well-known" website, JambosKickback, when a fan dared to renew his season ticket and make optimistic noises.

The amount of effluent released, combined with a corresponding high volume of keech from the mouth of the Incoherent One on Sky last night, has had the result of negating all the efforts of mankind to date in trying to combat the destruction of the planet.

Of course, Vladimir Romanov is to blame for all of this and Police are also holding him on suspicion of involvement in the Great Fire Of London in 1666!!!

Fxxx the SPFL

For the kickbackers who have slagged off the free tickets for kids, there have been plenty of kids taking advantage of this and even if a small percentage start supporting Hearts then surely this should be applauded too many doom and gloom merchants on here, I saw plenty of Pish playing for Hearts in the 1970's Yes everyone is entitled to their opinions but as one guy has already stated it feels like being on hobonet. ffs get a life lets stop all this negativity it's getting to the tedious stage of the same ****holes having nothing good to say about anything to do with the Jambos

:107years:

For the kickbackers who have slagged off the free tickets for kids, there have been plenty of kids taking advantage of this and even if a small percentage start supporting Hearts then surely this should be applauded too many doom and gloom merchants on here, I saw plenty of Pish playing for Hearts in the 1970's Yes everyone is entitled to their opinions but as one guy has already stated it feels like being on hobonet. ffs get a life lets stop all this negativity it's getting to the tedious stage of the same ****holes having nothing good to say about anything to do with the Jambos

Where Hearts finish in the league.

Whether we are capable of making the top six.

Whether Hearts have a team capable of beating an SPL side that just got papped out the Scottish Cup by St Johnstone.

These are the kinda things which mean a whole lot more to me than whether or not we chuck away free tickets and strips.

But still..... things are better now than ever before arent they.....

The Old Tolbooth

And breathe Ray!

It's not good for you ranting like that at your age mate ;)

Where Hearts finish in the league.

Whether we are capable of making the top six.

Whether Hearts have a team capable of beating an SPL side that just got papped out the Scottish Cup by St Johnstone.

These are the kinda things which mean a whole lot more to me than whether or not we chuck away free tickets and strips.

But still..... things are better now than ever before arent they.....

Indeed Erik lets all just keep believeing.

:):):):)

Of course, Vladimir Romanov is to blame for all of this

Whatever your opinion is on 1. whether he can turn things round, 2. whether he wants to turn things round, and 3. whether there is anyone else that can take over from him and turn things round -

It cannot be debated that it is Vladimir Romanov that has polarised large sections of the Hearts support.

That is sad, but handy for him. A polarised support is a weak one when it comes to changing things

Whatever your opinion is on 1. whether he can turn things round, 2. whether he wants to turn things round, and 3. whether there is anyone else that can take over from him and turn things round -

It cannot be debated that it is Vladimir Romanov that has polarised large sections of the Hearts support.

That is sad, but handy for him. A polarised support is a weak one when it comes to changing things

Divide and conquer.

Rick Grimes

Get a grip FFS

spot on.

and slagging the guy's name too.... its well known fact that all people called Roddy are witty, urbane & rather sexy individuals.... ;)

Archived