Firework Phil has his say on the stadium

No Nonsense

Seems Phil thinks our best option is relocation to the outskirts.

Who cares what that clown thinks? Mr Romanov did the right thing in getting rid of him before he squandered loads more money on pyrotechnics. Hearts must - and will - stay in Gorgie.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Who cares what that clown thinks? Mr Romanov did the right thing in getting rid of him before he squandered loads more money on pyrotechnics. Hearts must - and will - stay in Gorgie.

Not exactly a natural ally of yours on some matters but I cannot argue with the above post,

fireworks phil is a ###### of grade A proportions

http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/sport/Unlikely-ally-for-Vladamir-Romanov.6625188.jp

Whilst there has been much dislike discussed for the Scotsman and its other siblings recently, it is an interesting read. Seems Phil thinks our best option is relocation to the outskirts.

this man is a ****, we are staying in Gorgie. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

this man is a ****, we are staying in Gorgie. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I don't think that should be the case if it is better for the club to move to a new stadium with better facilities, where we can grow.

Tynecastle has a capacity of about 17k and I'd like to think we can improve and get crowds bigger than that on a regular basis. Remember we used to frequently sell out 29k for our category A games prior to the Taylor Report.

jambos are go!

Cant fault Phil's logic. For Hearts to grow we need to build the business through bigger crowds and better facilities for them and corporate customers. We now have many examples of English teams who have successfully relocated despite substantial resistance.

Today we had a huge attendance at Tynecastle for the Remembrance Service. Much more than I've ever seen at Haymarket. IMO largely down to the better facilities at Tynecastle rather than the cramped but historic Haymarket site in the middle of a traffic jam.

i'm not sure i understand the attitudes people have towards this guy. he was asked to try and increase gates so he tried the family angle and attempted to make it a whole day out. it might've worked.

he was asked to find a top class manager and he managed to get the tinkerman and sir bobby robson in for interviews. then vlad hit the roof about the wages they were asking for. phil spent lots of money that wasn't his but he was asked to

Diadora Van Basten

The stadium debate has been going on for as long as I can remember. It's not really surprising that Phil Anderton advocates moving to an edge of town stadium as he has experience of America and that's what they do there.

I like most Hearts fans just want a new stand at Tynecastle. I do think that there is a problem with the ground being too near the chemical plant and don't really know how you get round this.

The stadium debate has been going on for as long as I can remember. It's not really surprising that Phil Anderton advocates moving to an edge of town stadium as he has experience of America and that's what they do there.

I like most Hearts fans just want a new stand at Tynecastle. I do think that there is a problem with the ground being too near the chemical plant and don't really know how you get round this.

Considering there is a freekin supermarket round the back I reckon they are being harsh if our proximity to the chemical plant is a show-stopper?

....... I do think that there is a problem with the ground being too near the chemical plant and don't really know how you get round this.

They got round it for Sainsburys, and they got round it for the School. It will be (relatively) easy to get round it for a new stand.

i'm not sure i understand the attitudes people have towards this guy. he was asked to try and increase gates so he tried the family angle and attempted to make it a whole day out. it might've worked.

he was asked to find a top class manager and he managed to get the tinkerman and sir bobby robson in for interviews. then vlad hit the roof about the wages they were asking for. phil spent lots of money that wasn't his but he was asked to

he wasn't asked to offer over ?1 million pounds on one person's wage.

Archived