St Mirren vs Celtic

leginten

This match begins soon. Yes, I know. Nuclear bomb on Paisley please, and all that. But wouldn't it be great if the unwashed suffered another humbling today? And another few decisions requiring clarification too.

I believe there is to be a minute's silence before the game. I'm wondering exactly where ESPN will have placed the microphones in order to spare the blushes of TGFITW. My guess is that anything resembling a microphone will have been rushed to a safe house in the middle of Rannoch Moor.

I'll be watching the minutes 'silence' out of a sense of morbid curiosity and then switching straight over to Everton v Arsenal :D

This match begins soon. Yes, I know. Nuclear bomb on Paisley please, and all that. But wouldn't it be great if the unwashed suffered another humbling today? And another few decisions requiring clarification too.

I believe there is to be a minute's silence before the game. I'm wondering exactly where ESPN will have placed the microphones in order to spare the blushes of TGFITW. My guess is that anything resembling a microphone will have been rushed to a safe house in the middle of Rannoch Moor.

No doubt they'll all be outside.

St Mingin will capitulate...

I suspect the tv company may have some sort of sound problem for a couple of minutes around kick-off time. :down:

maybe TGFITW will have tired of being classless arseholes and they'll behave themselves.

Are you still pished?

maybe TGFITW will have tired of being classless arseholes and they'll behave themselves.

They don't realise they're doing it. It's just the way they are. :verymad:

"One or two not hearing the announcement of the minutes silence...etc"

Seething as I can't Seethe!

portobellojambo1

Surprisingly well observed.

Indeed.

And like Le Chat I'm now about to change channel and watch a game of football. Everton versus Arsenal.

Chad Sexington

A refreshing change for that pondlife.

I was half hoping the tramps would ruin it just to give me even more reason to hate them.

In many ways I'm a small and petty man. :D

lets play 'guess the stadium'. sounded like a lower division ground. i'll go for brechin.

I'll go for a massive hole that swallowed up the entire area.

Loads of hacking and injuries and Lennon to spontaneously combust if his heid doesn't explode.

Had the sound right up and could hear singing obviously from the green brigade outside the ground. For the first time I think it was a small minority though.

A refreshing change for that pondlife.

Let's not praise them for doing something that decent human beings would do as a matter of course.

They are still vile bigots. A lheopard doesn't change its spots.

ESPN commentator said it was "mostly observed", whilst BBC said it was "impeccably observed".

Yes, it was interesting that he said it was "mostly observed" when the reality was we didn't hear a pin drop and I wondered what he was talking about - maybe the microphones were turned down as it didn't make sense.

Will give benefit of doubt - it was impeccably observed and a couple of fans had their eyes closed in thought - they do have normal fans as does every club - It's the vicious / embittered / brain-dead few that ruin it as always.

It's certainly a different away support today compared to what turned up at Tynecastle midweek

Chad Sexington

Will give benefit of doubt - it was impeccably observed and a couple of fans had their eyes closed in thought - they do have normal fans as does every club - It's the vicious / embittered / brain-dead few that ruin it as always.

It's not just a few though.

A large percentage of Celtic fans are disgusting terrorist sympathisers.

As was evident by the the revolting mass IRA sing-a-long on Wednesday.

Let's not praise them for doing something that decent human beings would do as a matter of course.

They are still vile bigots. A lheopard doesn't change its spots.

This sounds shite....

In fact what the Hell am I doing listening to this crap? :blink:

25 minutes in and a team which will no doubt finish miles ahead of us hasn't posed anything resembling a goal threat - against St Mirren. Depressing.

25 minutes in and a team which will no doubt finish miles ahead of us hasn't posed anything resembling a goal threat - against St Mirren. Depressing.

Old Firm finally showing that they really aren't very good afterall.

Was stunned by the way they both won all 8 games each because I was still under the impression they were both rotten, which is now starting to look the case again.

Richard Gordon said the silence was impeccably observed INSIDE the stadium. On radio i could clearly hear voices and at one point a shrieking whistle pierced the air. As the green brigade made it clear they would be boycotting this match it would appear that some rank and file members of the great unwashed simply couldnt help themselves.

Francis Albert

Richard Gordon said the silence was impeccably observed INSIDE the stadium. On radio i could clearly hear voices and at one point a shrieking whistle pierced the air. As the green brigade made it clear they would be boycotting this match it would appear that some rank and file members of the great unwashed simply couldnt help themselves.

Just as some rank and file Hearts fans couldn't contain themselves at the pope's silence. Anyone who thinks Celtic have a monmopoly of the brain dead have never attended a Hearts away game. Interesting to note the disappointment of some that their hopes of disruption of the remembrance day silence were frustrated.

Guest John Meurig Thomas

St Mirren fans singing our conspiracy song...

It's Rangers' song, tbh. They sang it at Tynecastle last season.

Old Firm finally showing that they really aren't very good afterall.

Was stunned by the way they both won all 8 games each because I was still under the impression they were both rotten, which is now starting to look the case again.

Celtic look no better than slightly above average. You'd like to think Motherwell, United and Hearts would all dominate territorially against St Mirren and maybe show more cutting edge. Celtic have absolutely no-one to run the game for them.

Edit: I'll maybe exclude United from that list... :whistling:

It's not just a few though.

A large percentage of Celtic fans are disgusting terrorist sympathisers.

As was evident by the the revolting mass IRA sing-a-long on Wednesday.

I have become completely apathetic to these Nationalist / IRA songs over the years - sentimental folk songs about republicans, battles judged to have been won, risings, national statesmen, political prisoners, etc.

The context of it all is so pathetic and embarrasing to Scotland as well as our game.

Rangers are just as pathetic - In fact, the whole city of Glasgow is pathetic in ensuring this pantomime is kept alive and many of their fans must have doomed lifestyles if this is what gets their blood flowing.

I wonder what percentile of both sets of fans have actually been to Ireland (stag weekends don't count)and also how many made their, ahem, "pilgrimages" when the troubles were still prevalent.

I also wonder how both OF clubs would have fayred if Scotland itself had been subject to mainland bombings - There is no way, no how, such songs, flags,, etc would be tolerated by politicians / authorities if we had been killed or maimed and, of course, OF firms would have been affected too and less inclined to sing their childish ditties.

I find songs about Bobby Sands being "deid" just as infantile as wednesday's songs for the record.

The whole thing has now become a points-scoring exercise straight from the playground. Tynecastle will easily be Celtic's second stadia of "defiance" and as such, commonly brings the worst aspect of their support.

Of course, the 60k at Parkhead will name-drop religious / political references within their songs but I think many of them just do it out of habit as opposed to actually having any strong convictions about what they are singing about - It's 90 minutes of being a school-boy. The same habit that has a majority of Hearts fans referring to "fenian blood" - I don't believe majority of Hearts fans hate catholics or give a seconds thought to battles between Orangemen and Republicans, it's just second-nature to say this term as it has been learned.

I still think the minutes silence was well observed and I would rather this as it's bigger than their shooting themselves in the foot again for 24 hours of bad press.

Perhaps they had organised adherance to the silence given the bad press of late and it's live on tv but regardless, this is better than them p***ing all over the dead of the Somme et all.

Al, you touch on something there. I have never understood why Scotland escaped any bombings at all when you look at the number that were done in england.

People are correct by the way. They should not be praised for doing what normal respectful human beings would be expected to do. Utter vermin in my opinion.

Al, you touch on something there. I have never understood why Scotland escaped any bombings at all when you look at the number that were done in england.

People are correct by the way. They should not be praised for doing what normal respectful human beings would be expected to do. Utter vermin in my opinion.

Scotland has always been viewed, historically, as Irelands bedfellow and vice-versa - Probably because we both endured hardship and presecution over the last several hundred years.

The migrancy between both countries has not been insignificant over the same timeline.

We were therefore not seen as the enemy - of course, Glasgow having it's own little game of playing out the Anglo-Irish conflict further ensured we were left well alone.

Victor Meldrew

Scotland has always been viewed, historically, as Irelands bedfellow and vice-versa - Probably because we both endured hardship and presecution over the last several hundred years.

The migrancy between both countries has not been insignificant over the same timeline.

We were therefore not seen as the enemy - of course, Glasgow having it's own little game of playing out the Anglo-Irish conflict further ensured we were left well alone.

Nonsense.

It is the migration from Scotland to Ireland (under James I and VI) that is one of the main causes of the conflict between protestants and catholics in Ireland.

As for "hardship and persecution over the last several hundred years" I'm rather struggling to see how that applies to Scotland: a Country which willingly agreed to Union with England (so as to gain access to the latter's colonies for trade) and has, by and large, prospered economically from that Union.

As an English taxpayer, I am still helping to subsidise Scotland notwithstanding the power of the Holyrood talking shop to raise taxes!

Just saw a St midden player without a poppy on the top, Flynn I think it was, didn't see the first half did he have to change his top at somepoint due to blood?

Nonsense.

As for "hardship and persecution over the last several hundred years" I'm rather struggling to see how that applies to Scotland: a Country which willingly agreed to Union with England (so as to gain access to the latter's colonies for trade) and has, by and large, prospered economically from that Union.

Nonsense. :rolleyes:

Anyway, anything happening in this shite match.

Nonsense. :rolleyes:

Anyway, anything happening in this shite match.

Just tuned in to the last 10 minutes - Celtic complaining about pretty much every decision from the look of it. Good to see them following the manager's example.

ToadKiller Dog

The Smellies might get there last minute winner ,but looks clear now that teams have worked out how to play them away from Darkhead,most likely wont have enough to beat them but certainly better for the league.

Fecking score as i type this

Archived