K T Tunstel

Marvin

Talking of Edinburgh city council in a previous thread, I've heard they have got singer K T Tunstel booked on the same day as the New Year Derby. A bit of a ****** up. You will have 50000 people in the city centre for the concert. You will have 3000 hobos going to the game. Also SKY are showing it so rescheduling is out of the question. And with the potential for crowd trouble..... An interesting afternoon is looming. Just heard the hobos have equalised.

Talking of Edinburgh city council in a previous thread, I've heard they have got singer K T Tunstel booked on the same day as the New Year Derby. A bit of a ****** up. You will have 50000 people in the city centre for the concert. You will have 3000 hobos going to the game. Also SKY are showing it so rescheduling is out of the question. And with the potential for crowd trouble..... An interesting afternoon is looming. Just heard the hobos have equalised.

KT Tunstall and Co to keep Hogmanay celebrations going into the next day

Published Date: 09 November 2010

By BRIAN FERGUSON

Scots rocker KT Tunstall is to headline a major expansion of Edinburgh's Hogmanay celebrations, which will see some of the nation's leading singers, writers and poets showcased on New Year's Day.

New events are being staged in West Princes Street Gardens and at The Mound in a bid to provide more entertainment for the thousands of visitors who are still thronging the city on the traditionally quiet 1 January.

They are being staged under plans for a special "resolution day" celebrating home-grown talent, which is expected to attract more than 20,000 revellers to the city centre in the most significant new addition to the New Year's Day programme since the Millennium.

The seven-hour event is being largely funded by the Scottish Government, through its ?6 million Edinburgh Festivals Expo Fund, which is in the final phase of a three-year agreement to fund showcases of home-grown acts, artists and material, with ?190,000 being awarded for the new "One Day" programme on 1 January.

Pete Irvine, artistic director of the capital's celebrations, said the One Day line-up alone was stronger than many leading festivals could muster.

Full details of this year's Hogmanay festival, which is starting a day later than in previous years and will be headlined by Biffy Clyro and The Charlatans on Hogmanay, will be unveiled today.

KT Tunstall, who has just released her third album, performed at the flagship 9000-capacity Concert on the Gardens on Hogmanay five years ago. This time she has been invited back to put together her own concert at a more intimate early-evening gig, which will have a capacity of 3000.

The chart-topping Fifer will be headlining the first ever New Year's Day event in Princes Street Gardens, which will star former bandmate King Creosote, aka Fence Collective record label founder Kenny Anderson, and two of her favourite up-and-coming Scottish bands - Kassidy and Silver Columns.

The Mound precinct, which is staging three days of events, will see five singer-songwriters - Dougie MacLean, Roddy Hart, Roddy Woomble, Tommy Reilly and Dick Gaughan - performing new material written specially for 1 January, as well as some of their best-known material.

Leading writers - including AL Kennedy, Janice Galloway, John Burnside and Alan Spence - are being asked to write one-verse poems, or haikus for the occasion, which will be projected on to giant screens on the side of the Royal Scottish Academy building.

Other rising Scottish stars who will be performing at The Mound precinct including Daniel Thorpe, the BBC Young Traditional Musician of the Year, and Radio 2 Folk Award winners Julie Fowlis and Lau, two of the hottest tickets on the trad music scene.

:4_1_72:

ok ok take the micheal. Dont know whats happening in Edinburgh these days as I live down the south west of England. Only get my info from the auld man.

I heard that a lot K T Tunstel 'faces' will be out looking for a scrap.

This will come ony a few months after they ran Amy MacDonald's firm.

:lol:

Fortunately I shall be in Ko Chang so will miss the mayhem. :thumbsup:

Ko Chang?

I don't have any of her albums.

I'll get my coat.

Missing the derby to spend time with the ladyboys?! ninja.gif

Missing the derby to spend time with the ladyboys?! ninja.gif

Of course that is what all 'jetsetters/walter mitty types do at that time of year, business/fantasy class of course....whistling.gif Obviously the place to avoid. rolleyes.gif at that time of year.

Is it ticket only or can you pay at the Tunstall?

YAAAAAS! :lol:

PS. Let me be the first to add... would.

YAAAAAS! :lol:

PS. Let me be the first to add... would.

She has a bit of a "wonky" face, Thommo.

Don't take my word for it, it's what the chaps on the Sunday Supplement were saying only just this morning.

supplementgeneric79_1177370.jpg

She has a bit of a "wonky" face, Thommo.

Don't take my word for it, it's what the chaps on the Sunday Supplement were saying only just this morning.

supplementgeneric79_1177370.jpg

:D

Now this is a dilemma.

Believe my own opinion, or Patrick, Martin and the lads on Sunday Supplement?

Wonky face it is then. They ****s have never been wrong in their puff. :thumbsup:

PS. Although much of my interest in her is based on well founded anecdotal evidence of her being a well known filthmonger.

Like I said... would.

Surely those rascals on the Sunday Supplement couldn't be wrong, though? Although that arse Geoff was on it this week, I suppose.

You just can't trust anything these days.

Archived