Barry Bannan

The Merse

Starting for Villa against Man U today.

Showed some glimpses of class again, looks like Scotland have an up and coming star on their hands.

:thumbsup:

I'm really excited about him. Everytime i've seen him he's played well, whether it be for the U21's, Villa or Blackpool. The Villa fans really rate him as well, let's hope he reaches the levels he looks like he's capable of.

He was very impressive in the u-21 game. Looks comfortable and confident and has no problems trying to beat a man down the wings. My main criticism of him, is he is incredibly one footed. Indeed, just watching the Villa-Man U game just now, and its got him in trouble a couple of times.

He was very impressive in the u-21 game. Looks comfortable and confident and has no problems trying to beat a man down the wings. My main criticism of him, is he is incredibly one footed. Indeed, just watching the Villa-Man U game just now, and its got him in trouble a couple of times.

One footedness is something I can never get my head round.

They train EVERY day, you'd think a manager would drill it into them to practice more with their "weaker" foot. If I was manager and I seen a player constantly refusing to use his weaker foot I'd make them train for a week only using that foot. It's ridiculous that professional footballers can be so reluctant to use their weak foot at times.

future is maroon

One footedness is something I can never get my head round.

They train EVERY day, you'd think a manager would drill it into them to practice more with their "weaker" foot. If I was manager and I seen a player constantly refusing to use his weaker foot I'd make them train for a week only using that foot. It's ridiculous that professional footballers can be so reluctant to use their weak foot at times.

I take your point and agree with it although the argument that people always throw back is look at Maradona or Messi. Same in that how many times do you see Xavi or Iniesta use their left foot as pretty much every killer pass they play is with their right foot.

Suppose when players like that are so good with one foot then they don't really need to worry about the other foot. Run of the mill players (most of them) in SPL and EPL should be forced to practice using their weaker foot as a lot of them aint gifted enough to use the outside of their favoured foot and so make a complete erse of passes or shot they try and make or take with their stronger foot. Far rather watch someone try and fail with their weaker foot than take the easy option of using the outside of their weaker foot and making an erse of it anyway.

Villa take a well deserved lead.

Game could be out of sight to be honest but sure they'll sit back and invite Utd on to them, which in itself is natural but completely stupid.

Bossing the game completely, take the lead, then sit and let Utd who have done nothing take control of the game.

Football is a weird game.

Edit: Villa take a 2-0 lead now, forget all of the above.

:laugh:

Hernandez should already be off after belting the ball away first half and that shocker of a tackle earlier.

Nelly Terraces

The mancs never lie down.

Leyland, my girlfriend is from down your way, she was brought up there. Lancy lass.

The mancs never lie down.

Leyland, my girlfriend is from down your way, she was brought up there. Lancy lass.

Is she? where abouts in lancs

Sexton Hardcastle

United goal or the red card would do.

Ideal being a red card for villa, a penlty to United and they bang in the winner.

Scotland look like they should have a few decent players coming through. Any good young Scottish strikers around?

Well we have an ?8m one that can't get a game under Levien who is about 22 years old.

A nothing game with a great finish. United, that team in decline, still unbeaten!

Draws are starting to kill them though 7 out of 13 now but today is a good result against a resurgent Villa.

jamboinglasgow

Scotland look like they should have a few decent players coming through. Any good young Scottish strikers around?

Scotland does have a few decent ones coming through. As for a young striker, an interesting one is Jordan Rhodes. 20 year old Huddersfield town striker, qualifies under the five year rule (his Dad was former Dunfermline keeper Andy Rhodes) has just been called up to the Scotland under 21 squad. Last season he scored 23 goals in 53 appearances for the club, currently on 4 in 11 this season.

Also would say despite appearing like a complete **** David Goodwillie is a really promising striker (same with Griffths.) Celtic have a striker called James Keatings who is very prolific (top scorer in the SPL under 19 league with 11.)

Archived