Bolton's Debt (NHC)

RoyCropper

?93 Million. :blink:

How is that sustainable?

Why do the banks allow English clubs to get into that much debt when Scottish clubs are being threatened to have the plug pulled for much much less debt?

How much longer can this go on for in England? Its going to take a few clubs to go out of business before they do anything about it i reckon. :unsure:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/bolton_wanderers/9177431.stm

Howdy Doody Jambo

?93 Million. :blink:

How is that sustainable?

Why do the banks allow English clubs to get into that much debt when Scottish clubs are being threatened to have the plug pulled for much much less debt?

How much longer can this go on for in England? Its going to take a few clubs to go out of business before they do anything about it i reckon. :unsure:

http://news.bbc.co.u...ers/9177431.stm

Sky Sports weigh the premiership clubs in with ? 20 million+ a season added to many other sponsorship deals they attractn then it isn't so bad

Because they receive 30-40m per season in tv revenue - banks are confident they will get money back.

Edit - Just read that arcticle properly and Gartside says they are lucky as only a small percentage of their debt is owed to the bank :teehee:

Surely if they got relegated though, the bank would want their slice back?

Will they though?

Their debt has just risen. Surely if they had the tv money they would pay the bank back and their debt would become less?

Surely?

Says in the article only a small percentage of the debt is owed to the bank which is why they are still happily buying players.

We shouldn't be discussing any other clubs debt , we have enough of our own

You forgot to add tick tock to the end of that post :rolleyes:

I think a lot of it has to do with whether you have paid the Tax man or not ?

The banks can usually reach a deal over re-finacing loans / overdrafts but the Tax man doesnt appear to have

as much patience if you've tried to bump him ?

Walter Bishop

I was watching this on Sky sports news last night, they rake in around 50 million per year in sponsorship tv rights etc!!! Unbelievable Jeff!

They are also hoping to sell off Cahill in January for 15+ million!

glenn quagmire

I was watching this on Sky sports news last night, they rake in around 50 million per year in sponsorship tv rights etc!!! Unbelievable Jeff!

They are also hoping to sell off Cahill in January for 15+ million!

The cash these relatively small teams can throw about is frightening Bolton paid ?12m for Elmander and wigan can pay that carthorse Caldwell 33grand a week but have only sold out their 20,000 seater ground four times since it was built

Guest Bilel Mohsni

The Maroon Won,

You have given yourself away as a Hobo already, was it not a better idea to avoid debt threads to have a dig?

PS: How many home games have we won this season?

:o

Archived