Game in doubt, 9am pitch inspection tomorrow!

Walter Bishop

Having seen the state of the pitch when they played the dhims and the amount of rain in the last week or so i think the game is a cert to be called off.Better that than risk playing on a dodgy pitch.

that would be a pity for the fans but it might be a help to the team. they deserve a rest after one hell of an effort over the past 5 days.

SFA GTF.

They have done this on purpose because we are picking up form.

A cert to be called off.

No games at this level should ever be postponed.

You can't account for monsoon weather conditions.

If it was a frozen pitch then I totally agree but waterlogged pitches after the rain that's been going about are pretty much unavoidable.

3 months into the season and their pitch is 'unplayable'!total joke.its not frozen etc, it's just rain!fine them.

If it was a frozen pitch then I totally agree but waterlogged pitches after the rain that's been going about are pretty much unavoidable.

Put a cover on the pitch and then simply brush the water to the side of the pitch no?

Put a cover on the pitch and then simply brush the water to the side of the pitch no?

I'd imagine the gale force winds would put a stop to the cover.

I don't know how complex a waterlogged pitch is, but I'd imagine if you could just brush the water off it then they would do that.

Does any one know what time the u19's kick off? Probably head to that if the first team's game is called off.

Sorry, I should've said no game should be called off unless there are Hurricane-like conditions.

Hope it is on. We're flying and they're wobbling after a decent start. But lets be fair, we had to call a game off due to a traffic jam!!! If the pitch is a bog then its not going to suit our style (god I sound like a Hobo!!!!!!). You cant legislate for pissing rain.

So if the game is called off it will be penciled in for Wednesday night? Kyle will have to pull out of the Scotland squad for Tuesday I hope?

CavySlaveJambo

Now 9.30am. Weather forecast for Perth, dry all day today and tommorow, no sign of a severe weather warning anywhere in scotland, and Gales will dry of the pitch.

And the traffic jam call of was because Kilmarnock were stuck in said traffic jam, which was really the M8 becoming a car park.

Having seen the state of the pitch when they played the dhims and the amount of rain in the last week or so i think the game is a cert to be called off.Better that than risk playing on a dodgy pitch.

may as well head off to fester rd and shout on well, there will be loads of room, it's finding an unbroken seat that'll be the problem. ;)

Footballfirst

Does any one know what time the u19's kick off? Probably head to that if the first team's game is called off.

1.30pm, i.e. later than normal to allow Aberdeen to travel down at a reasonable hour. I suspect that there may be an inspection required at Riccarton too as the U19 pitch doesn't have the best drainage, although they may be able to switch to another pitch.

1.30pm, i.e. later than normal to allow Aberdeen to travel down at a reasonable hour. I suspect that there may be an inspection required at Riccarton too as the U19 pitch doesn't have the best drainage, although they may be able to switch to another pitch.

Paulie Walnut

Any pitch that has a full time groundsman should never be waterlogged even in heavy rain conditions. They have many options and equipment available to them to drain a pitch.

If the game is called off i would sack the groundsman personally.

weather has been ok up here today. A bit of pain this morning but nothing too bad and been ok since lunchtime.

Hopefully be ok but Saints pitch always seems to have problems

weather has been ok up here today. A bit of pain this morning but nothing too bad and been ok since lunchtime.

Hopefully be ok but Saints pitch always seems to have problems

sorry to hear about your pain a couple of paracetamol and you should be right as rain.

Four heavy defeats on the bounce and due to face an in form team.................don't think the groundstaff will be overly zealous in their care this week-end. <_<

Hannibal Lecter

I'd imagine the gale force winds would put a stop to the cover.

I don't know how complex a waterlogged pitch is, but I'd imagine if you could just brush the water off it then they would do that.

Not being an expert but I guess it would depend on how much rain fell on the covers whether they could just brush it off to the side, as it would need somewhere to go to as the park is a hell of a lot bigger area than the sides.

portobellojambo1

Think the inspection has been put back to 09:30, which might tie in with the fact they are expecting rain in Perth at around 09:00 this morning (they may want to wait and see what affect that has on the present state of the pitch).

Suppose we'll just have to wait and see what becomes.

No rain during the night up here in Perth. There are a few dark clouds at the moment but it doesn't look too bad so I'm confident the game will be on.

Nucky Thompson

Think the inspection has been put back to 09:30, which might tie in with the fact they are expecting rain in Perth at around 09:00 this morning (they may want to wait and see what affect that has on the present state of the pitch).

Suppose we'll just have to wait and see what becomes.

It's to be a rain shower at 9am and fine the rest of the day. It hasn't rained last night so if the game is called off the SFA should throw the book at the feckers for having a crap pitch.

Guest jambomickey

It's to be a rain shower at 9am and fine the rest of the day. It hasn't rained last night so if the game is called off the SFA should throw the book at the feckers for having a crap pitch.

ditto.

So here we are, prawn sandwiches all nicely wrapped up, Pimms in a flask, Barbour jacket and green wellies at the ready...........waiting

the windae cleaner

should be fine . not rained all night ... small chance of a light shower then dry all day :thumbsup:

if the groundstaff cannot handle a light shower in 24 hours then they should get the boot imo

Stupid Sexy Flanders

It baffles me how it's even in doubt. They have played 6 home games ffs!

Just from reading this thread, it seems it's because of the huge rainfall in the last few days, and has absolutely nowt to do with the amount of games played on it.

So here we are, prawn sandwiches all nicely wrapped up, Pimms in a flask, Barbour jacket and green wellies at the ready...........waiting

I tip my dearstalker to you fine sir :thumbsup:

Gone 9.30

Poor show by the internet IMO

Just checked the official site and it states the ref will attend the stadium at 9.30 tomorrow (today) for a precautionary inspection.

Seems not 9 am as reported on here

Just checked the official site and it states the ref will attend the stadium at 9.30 tomorrow (today) for a precautionary inspection.

Seems not 9 am as reported on here

It was initially 9am, but this was changed to 9:30am not long after, yesterday afternoon.

C'mon do I jump in the shower and get ready for a day out watching the famous or am I sitting on the couch all day in my pants watching Jeff and the boys and my bet getting pumped?

portobellojambo1

Now o St Johnstone's official website that the ground passed this morning's inspection.

Archived