We've Found Our Starting 11.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

Two magnificent results where we have made the opposition look absolutely rank.

The back five have looked solid despite our full backs playing out of position. Until Trigger comes back we need to stick with this.

Ian Black has been superb in the the last two games. His passing and movement have been absolutely superb. All of a sudden he's the player we thought we were getting from ICT.

Temps has been unplayable at times out wide. :o

Stevie Elliott has given us an element of class and know how that we haven't had for a while up front.

I wouldn't tamper with tonights 11 for the foreseeable future because we are all of a sudden a really good ******* team :thumbsup:

StevensonJambo

The back five have looked solid despite our full backs playing out of position. Until Trigger comes back we need to stick with this.

Ian Black has been superb in the the last two games. His passing and movement have been absolutely superb. All of a sudden he's the player we thought we were getting from ICT.

Stevie Elliott has given us an element of class and know how that we haven't had for a while up front.

I wouldn't tamper with tonights 11 for the foreseeable future because we are all of a sudden a really good ******* team :thumbsup:

Agreed. :thumbsup:

The formation really suits us as well.

It makes us solid at the back but with the outlets to break well. An attacking quartet of Kyle, Skacel, Temps and Elliot gives you just about everything you would want at that end of the pitch.

Ruben and Eggert have also done a lot better in the last couple of games, hopefully they can keep it up since they may well be required in those positions for some time.

Chad Sexington

I agree and equally... We actually have some very good players outside that eleven too!

Happy days.

Indeed.

Suso can count himself unlucky that Temps has exploded into life in the last couple of games because he's been arguably our best player.

Good players who cant get in the team?

It's a nice problem to have. :thumbsup:

RoussetsShorts

this was my thoughts after 70 mins, at last, JJ has found the 11 and its best formation, great stuff.

Agree with the formation but I think we can easily swap between Temps and Suso.So whoever is hot at the time deserves the slot and right now it's Yemos but what a response from the wee man from being dropped from the first 11

Top marks to Mrowiec as well.

Having Mrowiec and Black sitting in front of the back 4 is an absolute masterstroke IMO.

I agree they were magnificent tonight, there will be times when we need to ring the changes, we kept the same side for the Killie game as the previous games and saw what happened. Jefferies will see the players in training, I trust him to base his choice on his experience and his knowledge of the players rather than rely on the expertise of internet messageboard theorists. B)

Chad Sexington

I agree they were magnificent tonight, there will be times when we need to ring the changes, we kept the same side for the Killie game as the previous games and saw what happened. Jefferies will see the players in training, I trust him to base his choice on his experience and his knowledge of the players rather than rely on the expertise of internet messageboard theorists. B)

Quite :blink:

Form can obviously come and go. My point is that the starting 11 that JJ has selected for the last two matches has been the most effective I've seen from a Hearts team for a long time.

We should persevere with it.

portobellojambo1

If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

Correct.

We'll obviously have to occasionally adjust the personnel, such is the beast that is football (injuries, suspensions etc), but in training the back up players can be developed in a manner that means they are then able to slot straight into that formation when required.

I also agree with the comments about Stephen Elliott, he just doesn't know when to stop running. He is a constant nuisance to the opposition defenders, and also has the ability to get himself quickly into goal scoring positions (I thought he was very unlucky with the header that came back off the bar). He is a perfect partner for Kyle, who gets a lot of criticism at times, but a man, who if you focus on him during games, actually does an awful lot of work that possibly goes unnoticed.

A very good all round team performance tonight, and with every win comes more confidence, until winning becomes a habit.

Howdy Doody Jambo

Lets no get too carried away , Celtic aint a good side , Who have they beat this season ?

Our full backs aren't exactly natural , Zalukas always likes to fcuk up in every game .

Driver and Wallace will add quality to our line-up and once Skacel is fully fit we can kick on for 3rd spot .

Young Temps is looking like a little gem and Kevin Kyle brings so much more of a presence in attack we haven't had since Sandy Clark

That was a bit more like it from Hearts tonight but it was still only our second home win this season .

Chad Sexington

Lets no get too carried away , Celtic aint a good side , Who have they beat this season ?

Our full backs aren't exactly natural , Zalukas always likes to fcuk up in every game .

Driver and Wallace will add quality to our line-up and once Skacel is fully fit we can kick on for 3rd spot .

Young Temps is looking like a little gem and Kevin Kyle brings so much more of a presence in attack we haven't had since Sandy Clark

That was a bit more like it from Hearts tonight but it was still only our first home win this season .

No it wasn't. :rolleyes:

I remember saying last season I though Jonsson best position was right back and that we should give him a run in the team there.

I got shot down by a lot of people saying you can't take him out the midfield. Fair enough we didn't have Skacel or Moroviec then but I stand but my words. I would keep him in the team at RB even when CT is back from suspension/has life sorted.

Agreed.

Jonsson may finally have found a position that suits him.

personally i think he is just getting better all the time wherever we play him - him, black, templeton and s. elliot have made the difference lately

Guest Bilel Mohsni

The maroon Won,

Give it up man, the mask has slipped.

Oh and who have Celtic beaten? Well every one of our SPL rivals except the Huns... Will that do?

Oh and our firdt home win? Seriously? Rudi's Hat-trick V St Liedown? That "won" pass you by did it mate?

Good grief!

All roads lead to Gorgie

Can we make St Johnstone play in green on Saturday?whistling.gif

Was thinking the same myself, beat me to it. Come to think of it I know someone who works in a laundry in Perth :whistling:

Good post, my thoughts on the team are, we have Temps JC, we have S Elliot Robbo, and Kyle Sandy Clerk.

showing my age :woot: but that combination worked

Was thinking the same myself, beat me to it. Come to think of it I know someone who works in a laundry in Perth :whistling:

well the team will be a lot different from when JJ took over, and sorted out the mess

I like the team that's been out there the past 2 games. Has a good balance to it and although not entirely perfect will get better the longer they play that system. Mrowiec is the destroyer in midfield that gives others the freedom to play. Hopefully, Black isn't too injured after being targeted in the last 2 games by the thugs in green. :angry:

Clearly they were told after the Killie shambles to buck up their ideas and have responded excellently. :thumbsup:

Now they have to do the same against the rest....

I like the team that's been out there the past 2 games. Has a good balance to it and although not entirely perfect will get better the longer they play that system. Mrowiec is the destroyer in midfield that gives others the freedom to play. Hopefully, Black isn't too injured after being targeted in the last 2 games by the thugs in green. :angry:

Clearly they were told after the Killie shambles to buck up their ideas and have responded excellently. :thumbsup:

Now they have to do the same against the rest....

killie aside 4 wins out off 5 :thumbsup:

Chad Sexington

killie aside 4 wins out off 5 :thumbsup:

Also, I think we got mugged by a good Killie team who's results since then have been superb.

Also, I think we got mugged by a good Killie team who's results since then have been superb.

passed of the park :angry:

Howdy Doody Jambo

The maroon Won,

Give it up man, the mask has slipped.

Oh and who have Celtic beaten? Well every one of our SPL rivals except the Huns... Will that do?

Oh and our firdt home win? Seriously? Rudi's Hat-trick V St Liedown? That "won" pass you by did it mate?

Good grief!

If you read my post correctly i stated it was only our second home win of the season !

Celtic have only beaten the teams we should be beating are Motherwell , St Johnstone , Kilmarnock and Dundee Utd

Honestly you'd think we had just won the champions league

Chad Sexington

passed of the park :angry:

Yup. We were awful.

Totally taken by surprise by a good team who were in a false position.

We also didn't have Ian Black playing in the center of our midfield.

This, I think, is important.

Chad Sexington

If you read my post correctly i stated it was only our second home win of the season !

Really?

That was a bit more like it from Hearts tonight but it was still only our first home win this season .

Oh Dear. :unsure:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Celtic have only beaten the teams we should be beating are Motherwell , St Johnstone , Kilmarnock and Dundee Utd

Honestly you'd think we had just won the champions league

Aye alright then... So your original post did not say...

"Lets no get too carried away , Celtic aint a good side , Who have they beat this season ?

That was a bit more like it from Hearts tonight but it was still only our first home win this season ."

Before you went back and edited it?

Gie it a rest mate, you are fooling no one... You never have done. :rolleyes:

Chad Sexington

Aye alright then... So your original post did not say...

"Lets no get too carried away , Celtic aint a good side , Who have they beat this season ?

That was a bit more like it from Hearts tonight but it was still only our first home win this season ."

Before you went back and edited it?

Gie it a rest mate, you are fooling no one... You never have done. :rolleyes:

LTHC!!! :verymad:

Chad Sexington

Let The Hobo Cook!

Stick on tramp. <_<

Hopefully Dexter and co will do the needful.

"Celtic have only beaten the teams we should be beating are Motherwell , St Johnstone , Kilmarnock and Dundee Utd

Honestly you'd think we had just won the champions league"

Seriously, what Hearts fan would come out with pish like that after back to back wins against Hibs and Celtic?

Nailed on VERMIN!!

rat1.jpg

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Stick on tramp. dry.gif

Hopefully Dexter and co will do the needful.

"Celtic have only beaten the teams we should be beating are Motherwell , St Johnstone , Kilmarnock and Dundee Utd

Honestly you'd think we had just won the champions league"

Seriously, what Hearts fan would come out with pish like that after back to back wins against Hibs and Celtic?

Nailed on VERMIN!!

rat1.jpg

I know, said so for months... But then I have had made some pure mingin' statements recently... though this boy has stank for a long time IMO.

Let's Take Harp Classes!

CavySlaveJambo

If Blackie can't play on Saturday, who will fill that position. Or will it be CT/Barr right back and Eggy back in Midfield?

You don't want to change the formula, and then if you must not too many changes. So really who would fill in Blackies midfield role.

Mac_fae_Gillie

We got play makers and goalscorers...

but I still feel uneasy in defence,Wallace is badly missed.

2 great games but that KILLIE game just sticks out we would be 15points out of 15 if we won a home game against the SPLs bottom team.

Yet we did not only lose we lost by 3.I'm ok with the fact they were more up for it(having nicked JJ and KK) but 3goals is what I can't grasp.Our defence is still very loose.

that said Killie have now scored 9 in 3. so im more dumbfounded.

I'm not comparing the quality, but can see JJ shaping the team in the mould of the 98 side.

For Templeton read McCann

For Skacel read Cameron

For Mrowiec read Salvatori

For Kyle read Hammy

Or something like that...

Yep, keep the same team until Wallace is back. Harsh on Suso, but he is a good player to have on the bench.

Eggert definately looks like our best right back.

Archived