The story of Celtic and the big bad ref.

Dr. Bapswent

Dr. Bapswent

Ok i know the answer...but...How come Celtic players are allowed to swear blatantly at the ref and nothing is done?

Riordan just turned round and shouted 'Aw F..K of ref!' when he never got a corner...any other team would get a talking too.

Scott Brown pretended to throw the ball in Alukos face when he got tripped from behind and swore at him over the refs shoulder...and nothing is given (other than a foul Celtics way)

I dont imagine any of these things would be tolerated by any ref form any other team...(maybe Rangers).

Or am i wrong...is swearing at the ref a accepted thing from players in professional football?

I know players swear, but clearly at the ref is different from just swearing.

Ok i know the answer...but...How come Celtic players are allowed to swear blatantly at the ref and nothing is done?

Riordan just turned round and shouted 'Aw F..K of ref!' when he never got a corner...any other team would get a talking too.

Scott Brown pretended to throw the ball in Alukos face when he got tripped from behind and swore at him over the refs shoulder...and nothing is given (other than a foul Celtics way)

I dont imagine any of these things would be tolerated by any ref form any other team...(maybe Rangers).

Or am i wrong...is swearing at the ref a accepted thing from players in professional football?

I know players swear, but clearly at the ref is different from just swearing.

Same thing on sunday, Boyd almost takes wilkies head of with his studs, the ref gives a free kick to Dundee U, and Boyd (boydie, boydo) clearly shouts F off ref, right in front of him. What needs to happen for an OF player to be booked or at least spoken too.??

I couldnt believe the referee's tolerance levels toward the Celtic players in that match tonight. Its a common theme though with the Old Firm players; they can get away with pretty much anything they want. How Donato or Caldwell never got booked for the two fouls in quick succession toward the end of the match is beyond me.

Although I/we shouldnt be surprised really!

The only thing that kept me from flinging a brick through my telly last week during the Rangers v Werder Bremen game was the fact that jakeboy Ferguson couldn't get his usual amount of ref-nagging in. His petulant frustration was deeply satisfying.

And DrB, I think the problem is that there's some bizarre rule (mostly perpetuated by pundits, hacks and OF players themselves) that demonstrating attitude when you're in a weedgie strip isnt just plain old badness, it's simply grit, determination and league-winning player/team-esque behaviour.

Anyone else does it and it's quite a different story of course.

I thought the ref peed the Celtic players off royally tonight and well done for that-

1) Didn't give the diving cheat Nackeredmura a penalty

2) Gave the goal when plenty others would have found a reason for disallowing it (the defender was nearly level!)

3) ignored numerous appeals for 'fair play' from the Mhanks

I used to think Charlie Richmond was the worst ref in Scotland (OK McHobo excepted) but on the evidence of his last game at Tynie and this one, I am willing to admit I might be wrong.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
I thought the ref peed the Celtic players off royally tonight and well done for that-

1) Didn't give the diving cheat Nackeredmura a penalty

2) Gave the goal when plenty others would have found a reason for disallowing it (the defender was nearly level!)

3) ignored numerous appeals for 'fair play' from the Mhanks

I used to think Charlie Richmond was the worst ref in Scotland (OK McHobo excepted) but on the evidence of his last game at Tynie and this one, I am willing to admit I might be wrong.

He was great tonight, he has been terrible in the past though.

Strachan had the cheek to say decisions going the other way may have been a factor in them losing.

gowestjambo

Refreshing to see a referee take a balanced view of a game (unlike the ref denying D utd a stonewall penalty on Sunday), a few more performances like this and rangers and celtic will be 10 points a season worse off!

Forget the paranoia.

I can still remember at game at Tynie in the early 80s. Gary Mackay was having a ding dong with the ref over a corner at the Gorgie Rd end. The crowd went completely quiet and everyone could clearly hear Mackay call the ref a Berkshire Hunt. Nobody could believe no action was taken.

monkfish1979
Same thing on sunday, Boyd almost takes wilkies head of with his studs, the ref gives a free kick to Dundee U, and Boyd (boydie, boydo) clearly shouts F off ref, right in front of him. What needs to happen for an OF player to be booked or at least spoken too.??

As far as I can ascertain, it has to involve a rantic player using a machete or firearm to be eligible for a yellow, but loss of life is one of the only ways they'll get a straight red. Unless they're 4 up with a minute to go. Then there's a level playing field. :confused:

hearts_crazy

BoyBand, Boyzone, BoyGeorge, Boyoboyoboy

Anyway, your last sentence gets me onto Barry Frickin Ferguson (I need to have a daily rant about that fud) he has to be the ultimate, he could literally rodger the refs daughter on the centre spot with 'Feck you ref' tattoo'd on his erse and all he would get is a pat on the back and a wee cheery smile. He can even get a goal allowed after dribbling it with his hand for half an hour 5 yards away from the ref who is looking right at him. It makes my frickin blood boil it really does. He even managed to get his Manager sacked when he had the audacity to not let him have it all his own way, talk about giving the wrong message.

1) Didn't give the diving cheat Nackeredmura a penalty -

HE DID NOT BOOK HIM THOUGH!!!:mad:

1) Didn't give the diving cheat Nackeredmura a penalty -

HE DID NOT BOOK HIM THOUGH!!!:mad:

Don't worry, I'm absolutely certain Gordon "honest scottish laddies, not how we do it in this country, fair play" Smith with retrospectively hammer him!!!!!!!*

*ffs don't hold your breath tho, don't want to be responsible for someone turning blue whilst waiting........!

I don't like Zander Diamond but he had a ruff night. How Vinnegar escaped at least a booking is beyond me. Burst the boys nose then cut his eye open. Maybe it was one of these, 'he did it to himself situations'. Just like Webster elbowed himself in face not Hartson.

Archived