Scott Robinson Heart of Midlothian

good to see that a few Hearts boys are in the squad :D

they beat N Ireland tonight 3-1

here's the match report from the SFA website

Northern Ireland 1 v Scotland 3

Monday 17th March 2007

Kick Off 19.30

The Oval Belfast

Scotland began this campaign against the home nation at the Oval in Belfast in very positive manner. Although Northern Ireland kicked off, Scotland gained possession and after a mazy run by Gordon Smith ( Livingston), they were awarded a penalty when he was brought down by Conor Devlin, the Irish Goalkeeper. Captain, John Fleck ( Rangers), took the responsibility and duly dispatched the spot kick into the net on 7 minutes. Scotland were well on top at this early stage and it came as no surprise when they increased their lead after 10 minutes when Robert McHugh finished off a cross from a wide free kick by Daniel Thomson ( Heart of Midlothian).The Young Scots were enjoying the game and their free flowing high tempo football brought them another goal in the 18th minute when skipper John Fleck ( Rangers) scored the goal of the match when he crashed home a cut back from Archie Campbell( Rangers) giving the Irish Goalkeeper Conor Devlin no chance with a 25 yard screamer. Many more chances were created but not taken and the Young Scots deserved to go in at half time leading by 3 - 0.

Half Time

Northern Ireland 0 - Scotland 3

At the start of the second half, the Scottish Team looked very positive in everything that they did but could not add to the score in spite of making a number of chances. The Irish came more into the game and scored through Andrew Mitchell ( Manchester City) in 70 minutes but Scotland managed to play out time and secure 3 points from the opening match.

Other Match in the Group

Slovenia 1 - Wales 1

These results mean that Scotland is at the top of the group with three points.

Coach Ross Mathie said....."The first half performance was excellent. Our possession play was of a high standard and our finishing was clinical. We did lose it a little in the second half but the performance in the first half earned us the 3 points. It is always important in a tournament like this that you win your first game and great credit to the players for the way they applied themselves, especially in the first half. We will enjoy the night and start to prepare for the game against Wales on

Clarkserino

Everyone seems to be raving about this guy Fleck, but from what I've seen, Archie Campbell is going to be something special.

Saw him tear England a new a-hole a few years back in the schoolboy shield, he was immense.

CornhillHearts

Jesus do not print that or you will get accused from the JKB down brigade of being enthusiastic and hopeful for the future of our club.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

It's good to see so many Hearts players in the squad.

No Hibs players though?! :rolleyes:

Charlie-Brown
It's good to see so many Hearts players in the squad.

No Hibs players though?! :rolleyes:

Hibs might be starting to feel the effects of John Park defecting to Celtic Park? Maybe that was Celtic's intention? maybe that is why they wanted Hearts John Murray as well? Quite what they would have done with Tommy Burns & John Park & John Murray on the books is anyone's guess.....

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Hibs might be starting to feel the effects of John Park defecting to Celtic Park? Maybe that was Celtic's intention? maybe that is why they wanted Hearts John Murray as well? Quite what they would have done with Tommy Burns & John Park & John Murray on the books is anyone's guess.....

It would certainly reflect the way they steal all the talent on the playing side of things.

Anyway, we may be starting to feel the effects of our Academy? By all accounts Scott Robinson is a great prospect.

I've heard that John Fleck of Rangers is a 'wunderkid' and has been compared to Rooney, also read somewhere that Scott Durie has great potential (Duries lad I think)

Doesn't look to bad for Scotland does it.

Charlie-Brown
It would certainly reflect the way they steal all the talent on the playing side of things.

Anyway, we may be starting to feel the effects of our Academy? By all accounts Scott Robinson is a great prospect.

I've heard that John Fleck of Rangers is a 'wunderkid' and has been compared to Rooney, also read somewhere that Scott Durie has great potential (Duries lad I think)

Doesn't look to bad for Scotland does it.

I haven't seen the defender Deland playing yet but I have seen Robinson & David Love & Danny Thomson (Jason's brother) and those 3 kids look really promising prospects and have played in the U19's this season despite the oldest of them being only 16.

jamboinglasgow

that team shows a great future for Scotland as the number of great prospects in that team is staggering.

Alex Cooper Liverpool - this lad was picked by Liverpool for a reason and is a real decent prospect.

John Fleck Rangers - Everyone knows about him (I saw him play for Rangers when they played East Sterlingshire, looked like part of the team when he came on at the age of 16)

Daniel Thomson Heart of Midlothian - not seen him play but pretty sure he is a good prospect

Forwards

Archie Campbell Rangers - as someone else pointed out, looks better than fleck

David Love Heart of Midlothian - been banging in the goals at a great rate for Hearts U17, a team that has been unstopable this season due to their brilliant football.

Scott Robinson Heart of Midlothian - A fantastic prospect, played a few games for our U19's, coaches rave about him and should be great, played for the U17 before at the age of 15 (unsure if he is still 15.)

I think the high number of rangers players in the squad is a demonstration of Murry Park after it has taken a few years to be established and the number of jambo's in theis and the U16, U15 and U19 Scotland squads will increase over the next year or two.

The Livi player Gordon Smith is a Portobello lad and a Jambo as well. I'm sure he would love to play for the mighty JT's. I think we should keep a wee eye on him because he seems to have his head screwed on and he's managed to be involved despite playing for an unfashionable team.

Should be someone we're scouting for the future.

Loock in the same ages final standings in Group 1. Creazynes:

Group 1 Pld Pts

Republic of Ireland 3 4

Portugal 3 4

Germany 3 4

Greece 3 4

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Pretty sure Robinson is still 15 but since the turn of the year has been a regular in our under-19 squad.

Sometimes getting in ahead of world class talent like Branimir Kostadinov ;)

joshmorris1874
Everyone seems to be raving about this guy Fleck, but from what I've seen, Archie Campbell is going to be something special.

Saw him tear England a new a-hole a few years back in the schoolboy shield, he was immense.

He is just fast, nothing special. Ive played against him.

jamboinglasgow

continuing the theme of the younger scotland teams, here is the U15 Scotland team who play on the first of April.

Goalkeepers

Robbie Thomson 15 Celtic F.C.

Shaun Thomson 14 Heart of Midlothian F.C.

Defenders

Adam Hunter 15 Rangers F.C.

Michael Noble 14 Rangers F.C.

Christopher Ketterer 15 St. Mirren F.C.

Declan Kelly 15 Motherwell F.C.

John Young 14 Celtic F.C.

Midfielders

Fraser Fyvie 14 Aberdeen F.C.

Scott Fowlie 14 Aberdeen F.C.

Nicholas Main 14 Rangers F.C.

Dale O'Hara 14 Heart of Midlothian F.C.

Graeme McGregor 14

Forwards

Euan Lindsay 14 Hamilton Academical F.C.

Jamie Walker 14 Heart of Midlothian F.C.

Kyle McAusland 15 Rangers F.C.

Conor Ramsay 15 St. Mirren F.C.

Robert Thomson 14 Dundee United F.C.

Callum McGregor 15 Celtic F.C.

Shaun Thomson is the goalie that has done well with the U19's recently, dont know anything about O'Hara but have heard JM and DM mention that Jamie Walker is a prospect.

We are 2nd equal in the team who sends most players with Celtic and only 1 player away from Rangers. I reckon that will change with more Hearts youngsters coming through that will be shown through all the age groups.

On a sidenote, how many Thomson's and Thompsons are their in youth football in Scotland, every week there seems to be another one playing at hearts. And both goalies are Thomsons.

Also another team without hibs, the conveyor belt has stopped.

continuing the theme of the younger scotland teams, here is the U15 Scotland team who play on the first of April.

Shaun Thomson is the goalie that has done well with the U19's recently, dont know anything about O'Hara but have heard JM and DM mention that Jamie Walker is a prospect.

QUOTE]

O'Hara a strong lad for his age with decent ability, good shot on him. He used to be a forward but has onviously moved back to Midfield now.

One player to look out for in that squad is Noble (Rangers). He an outstanding athlete, delightful left foot with plenty of pace. He is already playing above himself at Rangers and was courted by practically ever club, Hearts incuded, in the British Isles before decidng to move to the Gers. If he can continue his development he has a real chance.

jamboinglasgow
O'Hara a strong lad for his age with decent ability, good shot on him. He used to be a forward but has onviously moved back to Midfield now.

One player to look out for in that squad is Noble (Rangers). He an outstanding athlete, delightful left foot with plenty of pace. He is already playing above himself at Rangers and was courted by practically ever club, Hearts incuded, in the British Isles before decidng to move to the Gers. If he can continue his development he has a real chance.

Thats good, always decent to have good lads in our squad.

As much as I hate to say it Rangers seems to be a good set up for promising young footballers at the momment. Smith has gone with a good mix of promising youngsters with some experenced (and in the case of Weir and Dailly, really experenced) players. WS is also a manager who can inspire players. Hearts need a manager who can do this, who uses youth well and inspire them.

The acdemy is doing it jobs of bringing through quality players, the final steps between the U19 and the first team is needed to be improved (as I have said before a new head coach for the youth system and a experenced manager who knows how to handle youth for the team.

Archived