Willie Collum - Did Well

Groot

It was a massive game for him, I felt he let the play continue to see if there was any advantage a few times which benefited both teams, the cards were correct, he controlled the game well and it makes all of the difference to games, having a referee that does well.

Well done Mr. Collum!

The Real Maroonblood

Can't fault him today, gave cards at the correct times and apart from a couple of minor decisions got everything spot on

I take it we won to-day?

:whistling:

Snake Plissken

I can't really remember anything the referee did today, save for the sending off.

That's usually a good thing.

No complaints about his performance today.

I was thinking during the game that he was the best ref I've seen in a derby game for a long time.

His only mistake was not carding Miller for that shocking studs up challenge that took out Bouzid. The TV commentators noticed it too.

I take it we won to-day?

:whistling:

I generally avoid commenting on refs unless there are some really poor decisions

I just thought with the build up to the game after the slating he got for the OF game he had as good a refereeing performance as I've seen in an SPL game for a while and I liked how it appeared he was actually communicating with the players rather than the typical dictating style we see

As someone else said, he also used the advantage rule well

Dont think it was the hardest game in the world to referee, but the decisions he made were the correct ones, and dont think ehere were any controversial ones, so i guess thats gotta go down as good.

It was a massive game for him, I felt he let the play continue to see if there was any advantage a few times which benefited both teams, the cards were correct, he controlled the game well and it makes all of the difference to games, having a referee that does well.

Well done Mr. Collum!

Summed up well there. :)

We should all remember that is what the corrupt little

gimp Collum should be doing week in and week out.

My only gripe was that I don't think Kyle fouled the Hibs defender when Elliot was free.

That being said, I can see why he gave the FK (and it may have been the lino?)

I was thinking during the game that he was the best ref I've seen in a derby game for a long time.

His only mistake was not carding Miller for that shocking studs up challenge that took out Bouzid. The TV commentators noticed it too.

He also failed to deal with Bamba's shocking tackle midway through the second half. Studs up, nowhere near the ball and not even a freekick. Certainly bookable and I have seen straight reds for challenges like that as well.

Winnipeg Willie

Lost count of the number of late challenges on Ian Black that went unpunished in any shape or form.

... or the number of times Black stays down after a challenge then gets up again 'cause there's nothing wrong with him. He needs to suck it up IMO. Great result and a solid performance from the lads! Good performance from the ref today too. These types of games - although they might look easy to some - can blow up at any time. He kept a lid on it and let it flow when possible.

Lost count of the number of late challenges on Ian Black that went unpunished in any shape or form.

This

Apart from that though he did no bad.

Not the worst refereeing performance in a derby, but not brilliant either, gave Hibs a lot of free kicks where it looked as though we had one the ball cleanly, missed a lot of late challenges especially on Black. Decent but not great.

My only gripe was that I don't think Kyle fouled the Hibs defender when Elliot was free.

That being said, I can see why he gave the FK (and it may have been the lino?)

I thought that was very poor refereeing. It was a classic case of allowing play to continue because the challenge wasn't deemed a foul, then realising a second later that a goal was on the cards and bottling it. Also agree with the comments about some extremely poor tackles from the filth going unpunished.

Thought he missed stuff for both sides to be honest.

And booking Kyle? Absolute joke of a decision.

I think KK just put in one too many 'just to let you know I'm here' type barges and the one on their keeper was needless.

incredibly he did have a right good game. the kyle booking was poor and he was quite lenient with hearts players twice. once for not retreating 10 yards from a free kick and the other for elliott crossing the ball well after the whistle sounded. other than that he did well.

Miller Jambo 60

Can't fault him today, gave cards at the correct times and apart from a couple of minor decisions got everything spot on

Shiould have given hibs 2 goals hes a mup :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

portobellojambo1

Agree with the above. If I'm brutally honest as well as missing a couple of fouls on Ian Black in the 2nd half he also failed to punish Ian Black for a number of harsh tackles first half. If Black had been booked we could have had no complaints. However, he didn't really have any major decisions to make which helped him today, he was able to let the game flow. Would have been interesting to see what he would have done if we had scored in the move that followed on closely from the idiot in the lower tier throwing the second ball back onto the park.

Archived