Has the novelty worn off ???

Drylaw Hearts

Drylaw Hearts

with the the 'Members Only !' section ??

It was the place to be for a couple of days and now...............

Nothing.

What happened ?

Nothing.

What happened ?

Who likes elitism?

Nothing.

What happened ?

The Undercover Hobo thread was closed.

probably because all the people who those on that board were getting away from became members.

Good point.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
The Undercover Hobo thread was closed.

I enjoyed that thread, unfortunately I wasn't a member at the time it was running. :sad:

Think it's up to the guys in charge to make the members area a bit more interesting.

I don't really see the point in just having a seperate forum for members.

Drylaw Hearts
probably because all the people who those on that board were getting away from became members.

'getting away from' ???

If they wanted to get away from them, another messageboard would probaly have been a better option.

Were these JKB'ers you are referring to, so arrogant to think that Membership was only open to them ?

Nucky Thompson

One good thing, it got a fiver subscription out of a few nosey undercover hobos:107years: Cheers for the contribution, Hobos:movethatass:

Say What Again
I don't really see the point in just having a seperate forum for members.

I didn't see any point in it other than forcing people to cough up a fiver to see what they were missing ;)

If it made more people contribute financially to the board then good stuff.

Nucky Thompson
what was that thread about?
Let's just say you were mentioned in it a few times:)

Let's just say you were mentioned in it a few times:)

And I took pelters sticking up for him and Julio.

I will not forget you my friend:)

To be fair it was mainly Julio I was defending, you were merely by default :biggrin:

To be fair it was mainly Julio I was defending, you were merely by default :biggrin:

Well since Julio is my alter ego that is cool:rolleyes:

Nucky Thompson
I never thought Julio was a hobo, he clearly hates the feckers:)

Is that you in your Avatar - in the white top obviously:)

Horse has no room for hate...only leads to sadness:cool:

Well since Julio is my alter ego that is cool:rolleyes:

Aahhh, I can see what you're trying to do here....I know your game...

Alter ego, my foot. It's so much more than that. It's KB's very own epic love story.

:)

Dr. Bapswent

Spot on.

The members area was at its best when it contained those who were members before, rather than those who became members to see what they were missing.

It was free of aggro and abuse as the 'troublemakers' and 'stirrers' werent there....eventually they signed up to make sure they werent missing out.

Kinda took the attraction of it away.

Drylaw Hearts
Spot on.

The members area was at its best when it contained those who were members before, rather than those who became members to see what they were missing.

It was free of aggro and abuse as the 'troublemakers' and 'stirrers' werent there....eventually they signed up to make sure they werent missing out.

I subscribed to aid with the costs of running JKB.

I would presume the vast majority did the same.

I think there would be very few who subscribed just to use the Members Area.

Dr. Bapswent
I subscribed to aid with the costs of running JKB.

I would presume the vast majority did the same.

I think there would be very few who subscribed just to use the Members Area.

I would disagree that there were that many who were as 'patriotic' to KB as yourself.

As shown by the fact that many posters had to sign up (possibly as they finally felt they should) but had previously not and used the site for a considerable time.

I think the members area made it clear as it re-addressed the sign-up issue and gave an extra incentive to subscribe.

I dont imagine many did it out of a feeling of duty, or generosity, but rather because it would be obvious, by thier abscence from the members area, that they were tight and wouldnt stump up ?5 for a service they use daily.

Aahhh, I can see what you're trying to do here....I know your game...

Alter ego, my foot. It's so much more than that. It's KB's very own epic love story.

:)

:rose::rose::rose:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
I would disagree that there were that many who were as 'patriotic' to KB as yourself.

As shown by the fact that many posters had to sign up (possibly as they finally felt they should) but had previously not and used the site for a considerable time.

I think the members area made it clear as it re-addressed the sign-up issue and gave an extra incentive to subscribe.

I dont imagine many did it out of a feeling of duty, or generosity, but rather because it would be obvious, by thier abscence from the members area, that they were tight and wouldnt stump up ?5 for a service they use daily.

Or maybe it was due to the board changing hands?

I am one of the newer members and I was reluctant to support the board while cowboys were running it.

Dr. Bapswent
Or maybe it was due to the board changing hands?

I am one of the newer members and I was reluctant to support the board while cowboys were running it.

Good point.

portobellojambo1
what was that thread about?

Guessing wildly but I suspect it had something to do with undercover hobos, could be wrong though, certainly know it had nothing to do with etiquette while cutting hedges.

Nucky Thompson
Is that you in your Avatar - in the white top obviously:)
Aye, over sunning it up in Tenerife a month ago:p

Despise them with a passion JB. Always have done and always will. Its the way it should be.

Cheers LC, appreciated. What was said though?

Intrigued to know who LC, interested.

Easy to find out.

It'll only cost you a Lady Godiva.

loveofthegame

I think the members only lounge only really serves a purpose for times when the main board etc crashes. It'll allow us members to gain access and discuss what the major event that crashed the board is eg new manager or whatever.

I dont think it serves a purpose when the main board is up. I'd certainly rather discuss all things Hearts with the majority on here than the minority in the members lounge

JamboJoker98

That's right, come crawlin' back to the freeloaders page!! :cool:

We all knew you'd come back sooner or later :laugh:

It seems like a good idea though. You guys could have all sorts of cool threads with jugs and everything and we wouldn't even know.

In fact, is this thread just a big ruse to ensure no one else signs up and see's all these cool threads? :eek:

Guest JamboRobbo
Spot on.

Ridiculous comment. Didn't expect this sort of ****e from you Dr B.

Amazed to read how some people think of themselves as some sort of elite because they paid a whole fiver for their JKB subscriptions. What a bunch of ****ers.

Dr. Bapswent
Ridiculous comment. Didn't expect this sort of ****e from you Dr B.

Amazed to read how some people think of themselves as some sort of elite because they paid a whole fiver for their JKB subscriptions. What a bunch of ****ers.

Not sure why you take this personally.

It was not directed at anyone in particualr, and certainly not you.

The truth of the matter was that for a few days it was a nicer place to be, as it was onyla few members, who maybe only had paid subscription in common (not what id call elite) but certainly it helped a sense of collectivity. A sense that was free of being undermined and continually poked at as it is on the Terrace or Shed.

That was my point.

Guest JamboRobbo
Not sure why you take this personally.

I didn't.

It was not directed at anyone in particualr, and certainly not you.

Just seems certain members on this thread were suggesting they were better than the rest.

The truth of the matter was that for a few days it was a nicer place to be, as it was onyla few members, who maybe only had paid subscription in common (not what id call elite) but certainly it helped a sense of collectivity. A sense that was free of being undermined and continually poked at as it is on the Terrace or Shed.

That was my point.

And one which depends on perspective really.

From my point of view, the members area was a place where a certain few who think they are something special had digs at people behind their backs for a few days.

I speak from experience of reaching the members area to find what sort of BS they'd being saying about people behind their backs.

If being able to talk about non-members behind their back is someones cup of tea, I guess I can see why they liked having a wee members club. I just think it's cowardly though.

Guest JamboRobbo

Were these JKB'ers you are referring to, so arrogant to think that Membership was only open to them ?

apparently yes. :laugh:

Guest JamboRobbo
I think the members only lounge only really serves a purpose for times when the main board etc crashes. It'll allow us members to gain access and discuss what the major event that crashed the board is eg new manager or whatever.

Does it? I shall have a test next time the main board goes down. Would be surprised if the members board was on a different server so I expect it'll go down when the main server goes down......

Dr. Bapswent
I didn't.

Just seems certain members on this thread were suggesting they were better than the rest.

And one which depends on perspective really.

From my point of view, the members area was a place where a certain few who think they are something special had digs at people behind their backs for a few days.

I speak from experience of reaching the members area to find what sort of BS they'd being saying about people behind their backs.

If being able to talk about non-members behind their back is someones cup of tea, I guess I can see why they liked having a wee members club. I just think it's cowardly though.

Yes, I recall the thread, and people mentioning specific posters.

You did get some attention which I guess does some way to understanding your position. So considering that I guess your view is accurate.

As far as I am aware I avoided making any perosnal comments about any posters not on already in the members area.

Dr. Bapswent
apparently yes. :laugh:

I dont think any members though they had been specially chosen?

I think it was clear to all that it was because they were paid members they got the benefit of added functionality, nothing more.

Guest JamboRobbo
Yes, I recall the thread, and people mentioning specific posters.

You did get some attention which I guess does some way to understanding your position. So considering that I guess your view is accurate.

As far as I am aware I avoided making any perosnal comments about any posters not on already in the members area.

Agreed. :food-smiley-004:

Guest JamboRobbo
I dont think any members though they had been specially chosen?

I think it was clear to all that it was because they were paid members they got the benefit of added functionality, nothing more.

Not chosen, no. But I get the impression some felt they had a divine right to be there, and that others wouldn't have that right. Not you though. :smile:

Ryan Gosling

The members lounge was a bit like Boys in Maroon.

Discussions could be started and not hijacked for different agendas. For example - a thread about the reserves would probably stay about the reserves and would not be turned into a 'we need a manager/Romanov out/don't renew your ST' thread.

Dr. Bapswent
Not chosen, no. But I get the impression some felt they had a divine right to be there, and that others wouldn't have that right. Not you though. :smile:

I was all in favour of having a 'discerning' members area rather than something open to all. But as to how those on the 'inside' were chosen, I didnt suggest anything.

Bascially because if there is not some distinction, there is no point having such an area at all.

The members area made sense for while as many of those on here, who's position is soley to irritate, and spread rumours are less likely to have given thier details and paid up. Making a paid members area a more enjoyable place to be, without the abuse and wind ups.

However, as the members area had no membership criteria other than paying your fiver, as soon as others felt they were missing somethign, many chose to pay...devaluing the members area.

If people chose to feel special, then its their mistake, and shows more about their 'attitude' towards others anyway, rather than simply being part of some 'in-crowd'. An inherent problem suffered all over this place with the 'im a better supporter attitude' that pervades almost every thread.

Its only a football forum for gods sake.

The members lounge was a bit like Boys in Maroon.

Discussions could be started and not hijacked for different agendas. For example - a thread about the reserves would probably stay about the reserves and would not be turned into a 'we need a manager/Romanov out/don't renew your ST' thread.

"The Way Forward" thread's one of the most interesting I've read on this forum for a very long time.

Archived