Gordon Strachan.

rdewar42

Am I alone in thinking that Gordon Strachan has a nerve criticising the S.P.L. in today's press?

I do not disagree with his contention , but he fails to acknowledge that, as an Old Firm manager, he is involved in the perpetuation of our top league's difficulties.

Strachan is quoted as saying, "We are known as people who work for the benefit of Scottish Football....".

What utter tosh!

Both Celtic and Rangers have, for years, plundered the playing staff of the clubs below them, not always to the great benefit of their own first team, but always to the detriment of their opposition. They can afford to pay players thousands of pounds a week to sit in the stand. The important thing is they are not playing against them.

They are aided and abetted by a sycophantic west coast media, who feature and write little else than Old Firm hype.

Glory hunters, and, more especially, those who think that their football team should relate to their religion, fill the grounds and the coffers of the ugly sisters. Every town in Scotland, even those with their own S.P.L. team, haemorrhages fans to the Glasgow bigot brothers, whilst the local team plays to sparse crowds.

Then, of course , we have the football authorities and officials, who seem to have a vested interest in maintaining the status quo, and oiling the wheels of the Old Firm machine, as they , almost inevitably, mop up all the prizes.(Witness the C.I.S. Cup, in which the officials chose to ignore the fact that Hearts lost a goal which followed an obvious hand-ball, and Dundee United were denied a stonewall penalty which could have put them two goals up on Rangers. The coverage and analysis of the two incidents was sparse to say the least. Nothing must adulterate the celebration of an Old Firm victory).

Strachan is right. Outwith Glasgow's big two the Scottish brand has a poor reputation, and is difficult to sell, but he knows that the present set-up bankrolls Rangers and Celtic. His criticism of it is spurious and disingenuous.

i would have preffered the other 10 teams stuck to their word and did actually resign from the spl when they threatened to do so after the old firm lost the sky deal through greed and cost hundreds of players their jobs throughout all of the divisions.

Then all the old firm fans might get a grip and support their local team or go to England/Ireland wherever.

i would have preffered the other 10 teams stuck to their word and did actually resign from the spl when they threatened to do so after the old firm lost the sky deal through greed and cost hundreds of players their jobs throughout all of the divisions.

Then all the old firm fans might get a grip and support their local team or go to England/Ireland wherever.

Ah yes. The Sky deal. Another way in which the O.F. screwed things up for everyone else.

I suspect, without, I admit, knowing the fees involved, that the present Setanta deal hasn't helped many clubs. The games covered are usually O.F. away games. The fact that the game is live on T.V. greatly effects the gate, to the detriment of the home (non-O.F.) club's coffers.

Thus the gap between the gruesome twosome and the others, continues to grow.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Ah yes. The Sky deal. Another way in which the O.F. screwed things up for everyone else.

I suspect, without, I admit, knowing the fees involved, that the present Setanta deal hasn't helped many clubs. The games covered are usually O.F. away games. The fact that the game is live on T.V. greatly effects the gate, to the detriment of the home (non-O.F.) club's coffers.

Thus the gap between the gruesome twosome and the others, continues to grow.

We have been on Setanta a massive amount of times this season to be fair.

I actually agree with everything Strachan says here.

The SPL is a fecking disgrace.

I hate nearly everything about it.

We have been on Setanta a massive amount of times this season to be fair.

I actually agree with everything Strachan says here.

The SPL is a fecking disgrace.

I hate nearly everything about it.

I didn't say he was wrong, rather that he and his club being vectors of the disease inflicting our game, it was rich that he was the one to say it. His sincerity is very dubious.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
I didn't say he was wrong, rather that he and his club being vectors of the disease inflicting our game, it was rich that he was the one to say it. His sincerity is very dubious.

Yeah I agree with that mate, I am just glad someone said it.

John Findlay

I personally think that Strachan was sincere in his comments. However they wont have endeared him(again) to those of the Celtic support and in the Celtic hierarchy who dont regard Strachan as Celtic minded(by Celtic minded I mean defending them even when all and sundry know them to be in the wrong).

If Celtic do not win the league this season then you watch a concerted effort by alot who regard themselves to be Celtic minded to get rid of him as their manager.

John

pennantjambo
Am I alone in thinking that Gordon Strachan has a nerve criticising the S.P.L. in today's press?

I do not disagree with his contention , but he fails to acknowledge that, as an Old Firm manager, he is involved in the perpetuation of our top league's difficulties.

Strachan is quoted as saying, "We are known as people who work for the benefit of Scottish Football....".

What utter tosh!

Both Celtic and Rangers have, for years, plundered the playing staff of the clubs below them, not always to the great benefit of their own first team, but always to the detriment of their opposition. They can afford to pay players thousands of pounds a week to sit in the stand. The important thing is they are not playing against them.

They are aided and abetted by a sycophantic west coast media, who feature and write little else than Old Firm hype.

Glory hunters, and, more especially, those who think that their football team should relate to their religion, fill the grounds and the coffers of the ugly sisters. Every town in Scotland, even those with their own S.P.L. team, haemorrhages fans to the Glasgow bigot brothers, whilst the local team plays to sparse crowds.

Then, of course , we have the football authorities and officials, who seem to have a vested interest in maintaining the status quo, and oiling the wheels of the Old Firm machine, as they , almost inevitably, mop up all the prizes.(Witness the C.I.S. Cup, in which the officials chose to ignore the fact that Hearts lost a goal which followed an obvious hand-ball, and Dundee United were denied a stonewall penalty which could have put them two goals up on Rangers. The coverage and analysis of the two incidents was sparse to say the least. Nothing must adulterate the celebration of an Old Firm victory).

Strachan is right. Outwith Glasgow's big two the Scottish brand has a poor reputation, and is difficult to sell, but he knows that the present set-up bankrolls Rangers and Celtic. His criticism of it is spurious and disingenuous.

Excellent post, and everything you have said is why I and many others despise the OF with a passion. ( I hate them more than sprouts)

Archived