Worlds Biggest Derbies

Skiba

so while Hearts have adopted a protestant stance

<_< <_<

What caught my attention was that they say history has "slightly favoured" us, slightly?!

Say What Again
so while Hearts have adopted a protestant stance, sectarianism is prevalent in Edinburgh

Another newspaper article researched on Kickback. :whistling:

Geoff Kilpatrick

Without looking at the Daily Heil, the article will be a joke if Ah-Ahly v Zamalek is not No 1. Any derby where a foreign ref has to be flown in is bonkers by definition.

16th is a very high ranking when you look at the full list.

Thank you Daily Mail.

Meanwhile, in other news: the hunt for Maddie continues as Britain braces itself for a flood of Roma.

She was the people's princess.

The Old Tolbooth

Would I be correct in saying that Hearts v Hibs is one of the oldest derby fixture in world football? The only one I can think of that's older is the Nottingham derby.

EDIT - After reading about the Nottingham derby, I cant find records of them playing against each other before we played the muppets.

jamboinglasgow

Would I be correct in saying that Hearts v Hibs is one of the oldest derby fixture in world football? The only one I can think of that's older is the Nottingham derby.

I think I am right in saying it is not the oldest in Scotland, as that goes to Queens Park v Rangers (a minor derby but one none the less.)

Geoff Kilpatrick

Indeed, if you discount Queen's Park v Rangers as a derby, it is the 2nd oldest in professional football behind the Nottingham derby.

The oldest derby still being played is Sheffield FC v Hallam

The Old Tolbooth

I think I am right in saying it is not the oldest in Scotland, as that goes to Queens Park v Rangers (a minor derby but one none the less.)

Indeed, if you discount Queen's Park v Rangers as a derby, it is the 2nd oldest in professional football behind the Nottingham derby.

The oldest derby still being played is Sheffield FC v Hallam

Cheers for that guys, I suppose all those years ago you would need to count Queens Park v Rangers because Queens Park were very successful in the early years of their history, I think I'm right by saying they are still the 3rd most successful club in Scottish football (or not far off it), which is a very sad reflection on our pish poor game.

Without looking at the Daily Heil, the article will be a joke if Ah-Ahly v Zamalek is not No 1. Any derby where a foreign ref has to be flown in is bonkers by definition.

A paltry number 30 on said list where "one British reporter described the event as ?more like temporary, localised martial law than a football match.? :o

Hearts Heritage

Cheers for that guys, I suppose all those years ago you would need to count Queens Park v Rangers because Queens Park were very successful in the early years of their history, I think I'm right by saying they are still the 3rd most successful club in Scottish football (or not far off it), which is a very sad reflection on our pish poor game.

There were obviously 'Derbies' played before then between clubs who no longer exist.

20th November 1875

1875112001.jpg

25th December 1875

1875122501.jpg

Hearts vs Hibs have played around 605 matches vs each other

Rangers vs Celtic is now around 600

Archived