U 19's game at Tynie this Saturday

future is maroon

Footballfirst

Not seen this posted.

Hearts are playing Dundee Utd at Tynie on Saturday - it says ?4 and ?2 to get in although I thought season tickets were valid for games like this?

http://www.heartsfc....2241473_2080668

Edit - should read Scottish Youth Cup. :(

I've emailed Tynie with that very question. The Season Ticket blurb for this season only mentions U19 League games, rather than cup ties as it did in previous years. I hope that the club haven't resorted to penny pinching to that extent.

I've emailed Tynie with that very question. The Season Ticket blurb for this season only mentions U19 League games, rather than cup ties as it did in previous years. I hope that the club haven't resorted to penny pinching to that extent.

Did you get a reply? I never do to e-mails!

I wonder if it is because it is the Scottish Cup and they need to give some money to Dundee Utd?

Regarding the game, I think my Bro-in-law is reffing this one. :thumbsup:

Footballfirst

I've just had it confirmed that Season Tickets are NOT valid for this game (they have to cover the costs of staging the game etc.) . Pretty poor from Hearts IMO, in that this is the first season they have charged season ticket holders for entry to youth cup ties.

The Old Tolbooth

I wonder if it is because it is the Scottish Cup and they need to give some money to Dundee Utd?

Regarding the game, I think my Bro-in-law is reffing this one. :thumbsup:

Quality, we should win easily then mate :thumbsup:

Quality, we should win easily then mate :thumbsup:

A few years ago Hearts under 19's battered Hibs about 5 nil or 5-1 and my bro-in-law was the ref.

Anyway Hearts were awarded a penalty (which was latterly missed) but he pointed to the spot way before any Hearts player had even appealed for it. Instinctive reffing or institutional bias? :thumbsup:

Guest jambomickey

I've just had it confirmed that Season Tickets are NOT valid for this game (they have to cover the costs of staging the game etc.) . Pretty poor from Hearts IMO, in that this is the first season they have charged season ticket holders for entry to youth cup ties.

got to cover the costs.

Winston Ingram

Jesus, its only ?4!!!

Anyway, another interesting part of this may be any of the regular ones who arent involved... could be hauled into the squad for Sunday (JJ isnt averse to a googly and considering how bad last week was, particularly in midfield).

future is maroon

Jesus, its only ?4!!!

Anyway, another interesting part of this may be any of the regular ones who arent involved... could be hauled into the squad for Sunday (JJ isnt averse to a googly and considering how bad last week was, particularly in midfield).

I'll be there either way although if it was free then more folk would probably go - maybe just because you get nothing for "free" these days.

Yeah it's ?4 but if someone is taking a few kids with them then that's a tenner gone............before the kids want fed and watered. Tenner is nowt to a lot of people but to some it is. Not having a go at you at all, just saying how some folk would see it and maybe think twice about going.

The u19 team visited Sinky along with Darren Murray this afternoon. A gesture greatly appreciated by Sinky,as was the signed u19 shirt.The players all seemed to enjoy his banter and humour!!

Well Done lads....

Guest jambomickey

The u19 team visited Sinky along with Darren Murray this afternoon. A gesture greatly appreciated by Sinky,as was the signed u19 shirt.The players all seemed to enjoy his banter and humour!!

Well Done lads....

hearts have been fantastic towards sinky calum and the wee man deserves it.

Mr Brightside

Pretty poor from Hearts IMO, in that this is the first season they have charged season ticket holders for entry to youth cup ties.

Think have used to charge season ticket holders for youth cup games, was that not what the whole pieman calling fans parasites all about?

Think have used to charge season ticket holders for youth cup games, was that not what the whole pieman calling fans parasites all about?

yes. The difference was our season tickets were valid for that game according to the T&C at the time. It said all youth and reserve games at Tynecastle were included but Pieman moved the goalposts.

Footballfirst

Hearts cruised to a 4-0 win and dominated possession and chances throughout.

Darren Murray fielded an unchanged side after last week's 4-0 humping of Hibs

Fairley

Mullen McCormack Hamilton McHattie

Morton (Patterson) Robinson Prychynenko Holt Smith (Hill)

Ogleby

Hearts started well and kept possession without making too many openings, although both Jordan Morton and Dave Smith at least forced the Utd keeper to make a couple of saves. The opening goal came after 21 minutes following a run and shot from Smith which was deflected off a defender into the path of Ogleby who had a simple task to divert the ball into the net.

Utd's only real chance of the game came after 40 minutes when Fairley made a good diving stop to his left from a shot from 12 yards. Hearts went close a couple of minutes later with a Denys Prychynenko free kick that went just over the bar.

Half time was 1-0 with Hearts popssibly a little disappointed to be just the one goal in front.

Prychynenko had a couple of great efforts early in the 2nd half, one from a 25 yard free kick and the other a shot from the edge of the box, both of which the keeper saved well. For 10 minutes after that Utd had a bit more possession and looked threatening without actually testing Fairley. However it was Utd that contributed to their own downfall midway through the half when a sliced clearance fell to Rob Ogleby on the right and his cross was sidefooted home by Scott Robinson.

The 2nd goal settled Hearts once again and they resumed their domination of possession. Jason Holt missed a good chance by missing the target from 12 yards and Dave Dmith had a shot tipped round the post before Rob Ogleby got his 2nd goal in 74 minutes with a turn and shot in off the post from 10 yards out. Rob completed his hat-trick on 84 minutes when he latched onto a pass from Callum Patterson to fire an angled shot past the helpless keeper.

Best for Hearts were Mullen, Hamilton and McHattie while the MOTM has to go Rob Ogleby for his 3 goals and one assist (despite not having one of his better games overall).

After a superb team visit to the Marie curie to see wee Sinky yesterday, Ogleby insisted on personally taking the match ball to the wee man.Words fail me.

blondejamtart

After a superb team visit to the Marie curie to see wee Sinky yesterday, Ogleby insisted on personally taking the match ball to the wee man.Words fail me.

That's wonderful - what a fantastic gesture. Really touching, and I'm sure the wee man would love it.

Congratulations to the lads on a great win too, of course!

jamboinglasgow

Was the message on Robert's t-shirt to Sinky? Could not see.

Footballfirst

Copied from the "Sinky" thread"

The U19s paid tribute to Sinky today by displaying a message on their tee shirts. Rob Ogleby (below) scored a hat trick for you today Sinky, in a 4-0 win over Dundee Utd in the Youth Cup.

IMG_2356.jpg

Brilliant result and that is some gesture from the lad. Just different class thumbsup.gif

blondejamtart

Tear to a glass eye....I kid you not!

As I said before on the Sinky thread, it really is the gestures like these which make you even prouder to be a Jambo...

and in comparison you have the crap on Iwokeupbesidemysister.deluded.net about "blood stained poppies" Trumpets!!!

Drylaw Hearts

and in comparison you have the crap on Iwokeupbesidemysister.deluded.net about "blood stained poppies" Trumpets!!!

Please stop typing.

jamboinglasgow

*cough* it was a Celtic banner *cough*

Lovely gesture that

Archived