David McNamee

girvanjambo

McNamee is a free agent after walking out on Plymouth (see todays Daily OF) In my opinion a solid full back on either flank. Jefferies and Vlad could do worse than have a wee look, espescially as we desperately need left back cover...

I thought he was a right back.

And if he's just left would we not need to wait until January to sign him?

I thought he was a right back.

And if he's just left would we not need to wait until January to sign him?

Free agent, he can sign for any team that he agrees terms with, any time.

The Treasurer

Provided that he hasn't played for more than one club already. (don't know if he's been on loan anywhere or not).

Don't know enough about him to say whether he's worth looking at or not, but I'm sure JJ will be aware of his availability

if this is the lad that played with livingston i am sure we were interested in him previously but he opted to go down south for more money

Not if he was released outwith the transfer window, registration can't be transferred from his old club until the window re-opens. Unless there's been a rule change of some kind.

Not if he was released outwith the transfer window, registration can't be transferred from his old club until the window re-opens. Unless there's been a rule change of some kind.

According to the article, totally free agent, can sign for anyone today. Have to say I thought the same thing when I read the qoute "Surely someone wants a solid fullback who can play one both sides"

According to the Daily Record, he's been without a club since May, so is a free agent. Hw's going to look for employment outside football if he doesn't get a club by January. He hasn't played since February, so would he be be match fit much before Wallace? Also, I thought that he was a right back; at Livi, he played right and Jamie MacAllister left.

EDIT: re-read the article after reading ericb's post above, and McNamee says that he can play on both sides.

WHATEVER happened to David McNamee? It's a question that McNamee has been asking himself every day for the past six months.

Every day since turning his back on the one-year option he had left on his Plymouth contract.

With four Scotland caps to his name and a decent Championship pedigree the defender was confident at least one of England's 92 clubs or the 12 sides in the SPL would be after an experienced full-back.

His understandable optimism it appears was misplaced, and now, just a fortnight after celebrating his 30th birthday McNamee stands on the brink of quitting the game.

Unable to get himself fixed up with a new club after walking out of Home Park in May, the Scot will be forced to quit the game he loves if he can't find a team by the turn of the year.

Indeed with a mortgage to pay, three mouths to feed and a wedding to prepare for the former Livingston and Coventry star admits it is fast becoming his only option.

Link to the full Daily Record story.

According to the Daily Record, he's been without a club since May, so is a free agent. Hw's going to look for employment outside football if he doesn't get a club by January. He hasn't played since February, so would he be be match fit much before Wallace? Also, I thought that he was a right back; at Livi, he played right and Jamie MacAllister left.

EDIT: re-read the article after reading ericb's post above, and McNamee says that he can play on both sides.

Link to the full Daily Record story.

I did say in my original post IF he had been released after the transfer window closed he couldn't sign for us. Glad it's been cleared up :rolleyes:

Tbh I was never that bothered about him, he's a bit injury prone IIRC.

If he hasn't gotten a club by now, there's probably one of 3 reasons:

1. He isn't very good.

2. He's asking for too much money.

3. A mixture of option 1 and 2.

rudi must stay

McNamee is a free agent after walking out on Plymouth (see todays Daily OF) In my opinion a solid full back on either flank. Jefferies and Vlad could do worse than have a wee look, espescially as we desperately need left back cover...

As bad as Palazuelos is: I don't think changing the defence again would be a good idea, much better to have a settled defence that know each other. Anyway Wallace will be back soon..

As bad as Palazuelos is: I don't think changing the defence again would be a good idea, much better to have a settled defence that know each other. Anyway Wallace will be back soon..

It would be a brilliant idea to get a proper fullback in if that fullback is decent.Not sure if Macnamee still is

rudi must stay

It would be a brilliant idea to get a proper fullback in if that fullback is decent.Not sure if Macnamee still is

it's a good idea, not sure it's the right time though..

Archived