Gary Hooper comments

Victorian

source - the record this morning.

celtic attempted to cover up hooper's comments about refereeing bias against them by contacting radio scotland and radio clyde and asking them to remove hooper's interview from broadcasts.

sorry sellik... wasn't he just being honest?

utter utter filthy verminous swines.

:lol:

Hope they get well and truly beasted by the authorities for criticising the officials.

******* arseholes that they are.

The longer this goes on, the more I hate them and I didn't think that was actually possible :angry:

Surely, given the fines dished out to Hearts over statement made over the way the game here is run, both Celtic and Hooper must be punished for these comments. There again given the way the game here is run no doubt it will all be swept under the carpet as usual.

The Treasurer

I was just about to post a similar comment.

Surely even the gFA can't just sweep this one under the carpet.......

...or can they. huh.gif

Gary Hooper thinks referees "want" to give decisions against Celtic because they are one of the world's big clubs.

"He can tell someone he gave a bad decision against one of the biggest teams in the world "

" All the big teams get it and you don't see them going against it they just get on and win games"

All this from someone who has been in the SPL how long ?

I've just read his comments and all i can say is "Wow"

The ***** has been here, what 4 months?

Did you know that the minute you sign for Celtic you are an instant expert on Scottish football and the way it's run and on top of that you get special lessons on paranoia. I hope the s**t gets hammered - but I won't hold my breath.

The Treasurer

I've just read his comments and all i can say is "Wow"

The ***** has been here, what 4 months?

It took that "world class" full back (Fox ?) less time to become an established Scotland international.

The Treasurer

If Celtc are not fined, Vlad will have every right to frogmarch up to Hampden and demand his money back.

I would like to think that Mr Romanov has his lawyers looking at this very closely.

Hooper believes that all of the world's biggest teams, like Celtic obviously, suffer from stricter & often unfair refereeing?

what an absolute genius he is.

Bet they wished they'd just left it now, eh?

:sweat:

I would absolutely love it if this came full circle and bit them squarely on their big fat arses.

As a side, how the **** has Lennon not been fined for shouting in the face of the 4th official and calling McDonald a "******* cheat" after the penalty "incident"? I saw it the other day for the first time and I was raging that he got away with it (not surprised might I add).

Little prick that he is.

:angry:

man utd must be feverishly reviewing all their games to see what decisions have been made against them. they're quite big.

man utd must be feverishly reviewing all their games to see what decisions have been made against them. they're quite big.

Not as big as Celtic though.

:lol:

Francis Albert

celtic attempted to cover up hooper's comments about refereeing bias against them by contacting radio scotland and radio clyde and asking them to remove hooper's interview from broadcasts.sorry sellik... wasn't he just being honest?

Makes you wonder whether in normal circumstances they would not just quietly have acceded to Celtic's request. Of course in today's circumstances it is just too big a story for them to do that, but the fact that Celtic asked suggests they hoped they might agree ... maybe based on previous experience?

Makes you wonder whether in normal circumstances they would not just quietly have acceded to Celtic's request. Of course in today's circumstances it is just too big a story for them to do that, but the fact that Celtic asked suggests they hoped they might agree ... maybe based on previous experience?

bang on.

gorgie rd eh11

Almost certainly based on previous experience, celtic and rangers fans have no idea when it comes to criticism as our journalists are well and truly in the old firms back pocket. There's no way lackeys like chick young would ever put the venomous spin on an old firm story that they regularly do with the likes of HMFC. You get stuff like, Neil lennon really lost the plot, but i like neil he's usually a really pleasant guy. :boak:

alwaysthereinspirit

As others have said, I hope Mads lawyers have been paying close attention to what has been happening around here lately. If no fines are handed out and we say or do nothing then we deserve everything we get from the GFA.

I'm hoping the statement last weekend about the refs was just a shot across the bow.

Tokyo Drifter

I thought Hooper's comments were absolutely hilarious and they were still on the BBC website last night. For a start, what does he know about Scottish football anyway? Second, his logic was so fantastical it makes me worry for his sanity. Absolutely bonkers.

Gary Hooper thinks referees "want" to give decisions against Celtic because they are one of the world's big clubs.

"He can tell someone he gave a bad decision against one of the biggest teams in the world "

" All the big teams get it and you don't see them going against it they just get on and win games"

All this from someone who has been in the SPL how long ?

That must be why Real Madrid had a blatantly offside goal awarded against them v A C Milan last night - i.e Real Madrid are one of the world's biggest clubs.

Stans by for the thickest player in Madrid making a post match statement about how Real suffer because they're so BIG!!!

celtic attempted to cover up hooper's comments about refereeing bias against them by contacting radio scotland and radio clyde and asking them to remove hooper's interview from broadcasts.

sorry sellik... wasn't he just being honest?

Cover up!

Is that not another indication of corruption?

Of course not, you silly boy! Everyone knows that all's dead square in Scotland!!!

I don't have time just now to troll through the various opinions of our hacks but it will be interesting to see how this is reported and opined on over the course of the next few days.

Let's get something clear first of all.

- It is well nigh impossible for a ref to go through a game, without making an error, impacting both teams.

- Due to today's modern technology, it's well nigh impossible for it not to get noticed

However

You have to be either dilusional or down right stupid to even think that over the piece refs err to the side of the smaller teams. But - how will this be reported in our press? Yes Hooper will be castigated as a prime plum, a typical thick as mince footballer who has only been in our game 6 months and who shouldn't be allowed in front of a camera. However how many observers will note that he is so far off the mark and in fact within football throughout the world the major/bigger teams get more of the benifit of the doubt.

A bit like O'Neill coming out to the press showing pictures that Hartson didn't elbow Webster IN THE FACE and therefore it couldn't be a red despite even his evidence showing it was a clear and deliberate elbow and a clear red.

I'd imagine our beloved hacks will only go so far - again.

alwaysthereinspirit

I don't have time just now to troll through the various opinions of our hacks but it will be interesting to see how this is reported and opined on over the course of the next few days.

- It is well nigh impossible for a ref to go through a game, without making an error, impacting both teams.

- Due to today's modern technology, it's well nigh impossible for it not to get noticed

However

You have to be either dilusional or down right stupid to even think that over the piece refs err to the side of the smaller teams. But - how will this be reported in our press? Yes Hooper will be castigated as a prime plum, a typical thick as mince footballer who has only been in our game 6 months and who shouldn't be allowed in front of a camera. However how many observers will note that he is so far off the mark and in fact within football throughout the world the major/bigger teams get more of the benifit of the doubt.

A bit like O'Neill coming out to the press showing pictures that Hartson didn't elbow Webster IN THE FACE and therefore it couldn't be a red despite even his evidence showing it was a clear and deliberate elbow and a clear red.

In hindsight, Webster probably deserved it. :rolleyes:

In hindsight, Webster probably deserved it. :rolleyes:

Maybe so,

But already because of some of Celtic's other riduculous actions, and because of who they are support from them within the other fan bases is waning surrounding attempts for transparency.

We more than anyone should be wanting to know how officials either make decisions, or with clear TV evidence to the contrary refuse to over-rule or support our appeals process.

This isn't direct to you ATS, but a hatred of Celtic, the Old Firm, Hibs, other teams, everyone is clouding a heck of a lot of Hearts supporters on this. Instead we'd rather go for MacDonal because he's a Hibs fan, instead of the whole shabang from top to bottom needing an open review

Sawdust Caesar

I remember an episode of They Think Its All Over where they mentioned that some ex refs ( I think) looked at all of Man Utd's home games over a season and in particular 50/50 decisions and they calculated that 85% of them were awarded to Man Utd. I wish someone would do that with the OF, be interesting to see the figures.

coatbridgejambo

Hooper believes that all of the world's biggest teams, like Celtic obviously, suffer from stricter & often unfair refereeing?

what an absolute genius he is.

he's at the right club thats for sure.he fits in with all the other geniuses at that disgusting club

I remember an episode of They Think Its All Over where they mentioned that some ex refs ( I think) looked at all of Man Utd's home games over a season and in particular 50/50 decisions and they calculated that 85% of them were awarded to Man Utd. I wish someone would do that with the OF, be interesting to see the figures.

The "Impartial" press should be diving over each other to establish an Old Firm Referee Watch. The Sun set up a Ref Watch a couple of seasons back and I seems to remember they had a league table of the top referees and that Charlie Richmond was their bete noire for a while. They claimed that his performances improved as a result of their review/

So how about an independent record for a season of how many decsions The OF get which could be considered 50/50 or controversial and how many go against them.

Can anyone provide a list of the fines we've had for this type of thing since the Levein/McDonald saga at Kilmarnock a few years ago. That seems to me where things started with Hearts (even before Vlad came in).

gorgie rd eh11

Why do celtic or the press not produce some statistics, sending offs/bookings, penaltys for and against, that sort of thing. Of course that doesn't tell the whole story other things like why fourth officials and linesmen are desperate to get involved in some teams games :rolleyes: or why some managers can scream "f*****g cheat" in an officials face without being sent to the stand are also relevant. I can guess why there is a reluctance to look closely at these things.

Why do celtic or the press not produce some statistics, sending offs/bookings, penaltys for and against, that sort of thing. Of course that doesn't tell the whole story other things like why fourth officials and linesmen are desperate to get involved in some teams games :rolleyes: or why some managers can scream "f*****g cheat" in an officials face without being sent to the stand are also relevant. I can guess why there is a reluctance to look closely at these things.

Funnily enough I was talking to two Celtic fans a couple of years ago (one of them was normally a good guy, the other an arse) and they were coming out with all this paranoid stuff about how if you compared the number of penalties etc. given to big teams in other leagues then it proved Celtic were getting badly treated. :lol:

It's not just the game changing decisions that the OF get handed their way that bug me. It's the fact that they get away with the run of the mill stuff that we don't.

Our centre halfs will get 2-3 fouls against their forwards, tops. A yellow card will be issued and then the backline is under more pressure as they can't get stuck in. Celtic and Rangers centre halfs will be able to foul for almost the entire game against Hearts before they are even spoken to.

50/50 decsions always seem to go their way - Craig Thomson's foot up being the most recent example.

All the small things add up to big things at the end of games and in our case, the end of the season.

Terry Butcher on reporting scotland just claimed he thought rangers were hard done by during his time with the club. Its not just celtic who are utterly deluded.

However

My problem with this incident wasn't the lack of punishment dished out to Hartson, but the fact that Celtic stated Webster had elbowed HIMSELF in the face.

The papers reported this reaction without even questioning the fact that it is not physically possible to do such a thing!

Biased reporting?

Or just plain stupid?

gorgie rd eh11

My problem with this incident wasn't the lack of punishment dished out to Hartson, but the fact that Celtic stated Webster had elbowed HIMSELF in the face.

The papers reported this reaction without even questioning the fact that it is not physically possible to do such a thing!

Biased reporting?

Or just plain stupid?

Biased reporting, they didn't have the balls to say to st. martin shut the **** up ya slavering e*se.

Biased reporting?

Or just plain stupid?

Its just like the reporting over the weekend "Kirk Clubfoot - I didnt Dive" and the paper just ran it and thats that, he didnt dive. Apart from the fact all evidence proves he did, so he's a liar as well but again the papers just say yep we believe you play for the OF how can we possibly argue.

The Press are the biggest thing holding Scottish Football back. Honest, open and unbiased reporting would show Scottish Football in a completely different light.

I watched that clip of Miko and Davisgate on the other thread, and it really is incredible what happened to him considering what we've seen from OF players to Refs and Linesmen before and after that day - but where are the Press to highlight these inconsistencies???

Archived