Favourite Goals against the Tramps

Victor Meldrew

Victor Meldrew

Just having a look over on werereallyscaredaboutsunday.net and see they have a thread about their favourite goals against us. Interestingly, they have about half a dozen of note.

I was trying to think of my favourite goals against them, and there are just too many to choose from, Some of mine are:

(1) Iain Jardine on New Year's Day 1986

(2) Any number of Robbo's

(3) JC's long-range lob at Fester Road

(4) Hartley's free kick at Hampden

(5) Jankauskas's goal at Hampden

(6) Miko's goal to win 3-2 in 2006

(7) Velicka's equaliser in the 2-2 at Fester Road

(8) Weir's equaliser in the 4-4

BUT the best of all for me was SUPER WAYNE in 1994

Though it HAS to be Hartley's first in the semi final (not only a brilliant goal, but perhaps the most vital in the recent history of the derby), my other favourites were goals that sent me tumbling down banks of terracing in the late-80s/early 90s.

Robbo's opener in the 'Wayne Foster' cup game.

Worth scrolling along to the crowd scenes at 07:51

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuY89lwk6RI

Pospisil at Tynie after 30 seconds. Followed by the Hibs keeper dropping it for Driver to sweep home.

JC scored a brace of long range efforts in the re-arranged Ne'erday fixture of 1987. They were pretty good iirc.

Any goal against them is a good goal imo.

Guest juvehearts

kevin mckenna's at e.r

pressley's pen at e.r

stampy's solo at e.r

MVD header

graeme weir's 4-3

hartley fk at hampden

robbos fk at er. on nyd

mackay's goal at tynecastle to win 3-1

is that enough??

juve

Skacel's downward half volley in the 4 (going on 7) - 1 win in January 2006. Really should have horsed them that day.

I feel like I should mention one that's not been said so far, I particularly enjoyed Velicka's 2nd in the 2-2 in '06.

We'd started the game dreadfully and were 2-0 down within 10 minutes IIRC.

That or his header in the 1-0 in Jan '08.

Hearts Heritage

One that very rarely gets mention

The 'League winning goal' by Tom Robertson in a 1-0 win.

A draw would have won Hibs the league, the win enabled Hearts to go on and claim the Flag.

"Its not over till the fat striker scores"

Robbo's equaliser in last minute to get a 2-2 draw at Easter Road after Gary McKay was sent off for stamping on Hibs player.

Wayne Wayne super Wayne followed by Derek O'Connor in the Frankie says game.

The 4th in the 4-4 and all the semi goals were quite good as well.

I never saw them, cos I am too young, but the 3 that my Uncle Danny (Danny Paton) scored against the Vermin in September of 1962 are my faves. Without them, and that wee place that my uncle holds in our history, I would never be a follower of the mighty JT's.

Mon the Hearts

Foster or any of the semi final ones.

Absolute bedlam & never ending celebrational drinks.

How we laughed.

Och there's loads to choose from (there's the bonus of doing this from a Big Team viewpoint!) and some crackers already on here - Weir, Stamp, Foster, Hartley and the majority of Robbo's were all joyous and go without saying. Let's face it any goal against them is a bonus.

In recent times though there have been 2 that I've absolutely enjoyed:

Big Zal at Fester to ruin the Wee Cup Party. Not a great goal but thoroughly enjoyable and much celebrated afterwards!

Miko's beauty at Tynie on Boxing Day to give us the 3-2 win. Not only a cracking goal but the icing on the cake of what was a very enjoyable game.

Just had a wee peek at the corrosponding thread over on 'tards.net

Absolutely laughable stuff - they have about 6 derby goals in total that they can remember and most of them came in games where we still pumped them or they were draws.

There is definately an underlying dread of this Sunday on that site and the false bravado of some of the usual bellends barely masks the smell of fear.

I hope we give them an absolute bending over on Sunday but then a scrappy ugly win would do me just fine right now.

A double over both strains of the green disease would be an absolute topper but I'd settle for putting the wee team out of their mysery especially if it sends them to the bottom of the league !!

Lots of those mentioned above +

John Robertson back from Newcastle winner

John Millar header in front of 25,000 at Tynie when we really needed a result

De Vries hatrick goal

Jam Tarts 1874

Wayne Wayne super Wayne followed by Derek O'Connor in the Frankie says game.

The 4th in the 4-4 and all the semi goals were quite good as well.

I go for this one too, it was the result that got everyone believing that we were finally back in business.

Guest jambomickey

every goal we score against them is special but my favourites are erm too many to mention in the most one sided derby in world football.

Hearts Heritage

I go for this one too, it was the result that got everyone believing that we were finally back in business.

Surely the Jimmy Bone one on Sept 3rd 1983?

Guest jambomickey

every goal we score against them is special but my favourites are erm too many to mention in the most one sided derby in world football.

Guest jambomickey

Victor Meldrew

I feel like I should mention one that's not been said so far, I particularly enjoyed Velicka's 2nd in the 2-2 in '06.

We'd started the game dreadfully and were 2-0 down within 10 minutes IIRC.

That or his header in the 1-0 in Jan '08.

Er, no.(7) on the list in the OP.....

In terms of good goals, De Vries's first in the 5-1 was a beaut. Cracking wee flick cross from Valois with the outside of his foot and then a great finish off the underside of the bar.

From a personal viewpoint my first ever derby goal came from Robbo, surprisingly!

Came in a 1-0 win circa 1993? Pretty sure it was a cross really and Burridge made a complete hash of it and it bounced in past him. It's not just recent years that Hibs goalies have screwed up in the derby!

That many to choose from.. but i'd go for hartleys hat-trick in SC SF 2006,

Also mikos goal on boxing day 2006,that made the hobos shut up after equalizing with a penalty which resulted in our craigie

boy getting knocked over,then getting their player sent off. :lolpoint:

The White Cockade

Yeah i'd go for the Jimmy Bone header

never known an atmosphere like after that hit the net

Dennis Mcquade scored a cracker and the lesser know Ian Ferguson scored a beauty

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

David Obua's in the last game will stay with me a for a long time.

Gotta agree with that. Was absolute bedlam when he scored and it was made all the sweeter by the fact we were sharing the stand with them.

Malcolm Tucker

I see the 6-2 game is on 'Classic Matches' on the BBC Site.

GIRFUY

So it is. :mellow:

Surely they'll put up a Hearts victory as well?!

4-4 would be nice to view again.

ralphie callahans equaliser around about 76ish, great strike from a hobo against his team

Don't you mean the one at Tynie (Oct 75 thereabouts) where RC put us into the lead (great goal it was)?

We'll miss out the bit about Stanton equalising after 95 minutes from a suspiciously offside-looking position.

John Robertson's double when we won 3-2 in 1983 was (though we maybe didn't know it on the day) a turning point.

bigsuperslim1874

"Its not over till the fat striker scores"

Robbo's equaliser in last minute to get a 2-2 draw at Easter Road after Gary McKay was sent off for stamping on Hibs player.

This is also my favourite - It was absolute bedlam when it went in and when you looked down into the street (Albion Rd or whatever), all the fans that had left already were dancing in the streets. :thumbsup:

In fact, when I am asked about my favourite Hearts goal EVER, this is the one that always springs to mind.

mahgrassyshoes

Definitely Hartley's first in the semi final, if only for the boy who shouts inthe keepers face (can't remember who it was, but it was priceless!).

Weirs to make it 4-4 purely for the mixture of relief, joy and seeing the anguish on the faces in the School End

McKenna's & Stampy's (wasn't there sadly) but my incredibly loud shouts to accompany each goal were met by complaints from the neighbours of my future in laws

Every one that Robbo or Gary Mackay scored, you knew they were feeling exactly how we did

Zalukas' goal at ER to spoil their cup party was extremely satisfying.

Stamp's goal will always be a favourite. If it hasn't been mentioned elsewhere, it's 8 years to the day since big Phil won the derby.

gorgieshuffle

Foster and Stamp are two that i'll never forget for sheer bedlam when we scored. Special.

Just for mentions - wee Mickey lobbing bandy.

Definitely Hartley's first in the semi final, if only for the boy who shouts inthe keepers face (can't remember who it was, but it was priceless!).

Think it was oor clum.

Archived