Celtic have always got a raw deal from Refs

bighalders

In todays Sun that Caeser reckons Celtic have always had a raw deal from refs, that some went out their way in giving Celtic a hard time. Sorry no link, just thought I'd post so we can all show our support of Billy

Billy you are wrong, so wrong there are no words to describe how wrong you are. Visiting teams at Parkhead and Ibrox have been done over by refereeing decions practically every week for decades. The only bias is in favour of Celtic

why would anyone read the sun ? :whistling::lol:

There's never been a better time for all the other SPL teams to stand up to the OF greaseballs and insist that the bias towards both of them is adressed now - especially as it would actually indirectly back the SFA against Celtic's position that they are the victims. We need a radical overhaul with implementation of playback technology at the games and preferably a non-Scottish 4th official to adjudicate contentious decisions. Each club should get two or three challenges during a game(to penalty decisions,goals, bookings or sending offs) like tennis/cricket and these should be lodged within 30 seconds of the incident. If they challenge and it is not upheld then they forfeit a right to challenge again. If refs are allowed to refer decisions that they are genuinely unsure about (like rugby) this will give those that are influenced by fear of making a wrong call against the OF (ie virtually all of them)the confidence not to give the usual knee-jerk decisions in their favour. Yes, it'll cost a bit of money but I have no doubt that we would benefit more than any other club given some of the ludicrous decisions we've experienced in recent years. The OF have the most to lose.

Somebody suggested on another thread that the Old Firm would tolerate coming second when Scotland had two teams in the Champions League, but that the financial loss of doing this season so when only one club qualifies is too much for them to contemplate.

Another possibility is that what's changed is their manager.

It's definitely the CL place. Winning the league is probably worth 1 million in prize money and extra merchandise compared with a second place finish. The CL group place is worth 10 million and the long term effect of missing out is that you fall miles behind your evil bigot brother who pockets all the cash.

The establishment will be lining up to help Rangers to the title (and the CL place) because of their financial woes, and Celtic will be panicking that they are going to miss out. Miss out 2 years in a row and you potentially may never catch up.

It's going to be great to watch it all unravel.

I believe Celtic are operating to some sort of agenda to engineer their desired move from Scotland as they have realised this is not going to happen through normal channels. . This is a club that embarrassed the nation on national TV at Falkirk last year and at the death of the Queen Mother. They have only this week banned The Haig Fund from collecting at Celtic Park. All this from a couple of decisions that they didn't agree with. The first when McDonald (a hobo) reversed an initial wrong decision to the correct one, then when Collum (a Celtic fan) gave a, somewhat dodgy, penalty decision against them. I notice no comment that Broadfoot may have conned the referee only that the ref got it wrong. When we play them the ref will be Thomson (A jambo) whose job I do not envy.

I believe Celtic are operating to some sort of agenda to engineer their desired move from Scotland as they have realised this is not going to happen through normal channels. . This is a club that embarrassed the nation on national TV at Falkirk last year and at the death of the Queen Mother. They have only this week banned The Haig Fund from collecting at Celtic Park. All this from a couple of decisions that they didn't agree with. The first when McDonald (a hobo) reversed an initial wrong decision to the correct one, then when Collum (a Celtic fan) gave a, somewhat dodgy, penalty decision against them. I notice no comment that Broadfoot may have conned the referee only that the ref got it wrong. When we play them the ref will be Thomson (A jambo) whose job I do not envy.

They belong in the League of Ireland not the English Premiership. The irony is that it's the Gers that belong in England but then their Unionism is just a reaction to Celtic's Republicanism, because the Gers are so anti-Celtic that they don't actually stand FOR anything... Ever tried explaining the OF's nonsense politics to foreigners? - they think it's bonkers and thus so is the whole of Scotland!

I am absolutely flabbergasted how Celtic are getting away with all this media trash-talking without the SFA taking action...The disciplinary committee have double standards for the OF and the rest just as the officials do. The SFA needs a major overhaul - it's rotten to the core.

Having now read what Hooper (what an apt name for such a complete ringpiece) has said on the matter and can only deduce that someone has told him to say all that pish, or at least I hope that's the case.

Only in the job a matter of months and he's already spouting the paranoid pish that we have come all too accustomed to from those in the East End of Glasgow.

I'm assuming that the SFA are working on a letter to advise Hooper that he will be getting a fine for bringing the game into disrepute? Who am I kidding eh <_<

Just want to echo what some others have already said, the day they go out of business will possibly be the happiest day of my life. :down:

Having now read what Hooper (what an apt name for such a complete ringpiece) has said on the matter and can only deduce that someone has told him to say all that pish, or at least I hope that's the case.

Only in the job a matter of months and he's already spouting the paranoid pish that we have come all too accustomed to from those in the East End of Glasgow.

I'm assuming that the SFA are working on a letter to advise Hooper that he will be getting a fine for bringing the game into disrepute? Who am I kidding eh <_<

He sounds as thick as. Referees deliberately give bad decisions against teams if they're big? Aye right ye are :lol:

No team here has won more matches on the back of strange, baffling, unusual or down right wrong refereeing decisions - all of this is a concerted effort by Celtic to ensure that this situation continues. I'd love to see them in the Premiership where they'de be without these 12th men in black in matches. I'd bet they'de be relegated in their first season there.

ToadKiller Dog

Celtic are getting desperate they need as do rangers champions league football , with only 1 place up for grabs next season and beyond even then they might not make the group stage ,its going to be very bloody ,both will have to make drastic cuts without European money . Neither will get a move down south .

We live in interesting times if only the other 10 clubs could get rid of there petty self interest then this could be the best time to make changes and pull them back nearer to the rest but in true fashion the 10 others will miss the boat .

Hagar the Horrible

Celtic are getting desperate they need as do rangers champions league football , with only 1 place up for grabs next season and beyond even then they might not make the group stage ,its going to be very bloody ,both will have to make drastic cuts without European money . Neither will get a move down south .

We live in interesting times if only the other 10 clubs could get rid of there petty self interest then this could be the best time to make changes and pull them back nearer to the rest but in true fashion the 10 others will miss the boat .

There is still 2 places up for grabs, but the qualifying will be a nightmare, you will have to face the likes of an Arsenal. so yes there is only one place. Finishing third will give you a better chance in the Europa league, than finishing 2nd and getting horsed out of Europe at the first shout, before everybody else has kicked a ball in anger, a bit like the Hibs excursions.

Rangers could wipe their debt if they qualify for the next round, even finishing third could give them another go at winning the Europa and making a stab at wiping their debt. Still it would be a good time for the HMRC to hit them soon. Celtic will now have to try to win the league by hook or by crook I cant wait to see if refs have the minerals not to give them every decision. I heard Stuart McDougal on the radio this morning stating he likes it when a ref gives a 50/50 agisnt the OF in glasgow at it shows strenght? what just 1 decision or ever time? I cant recall that happening too often.

There is still 2 places up for grabs, but the qualifying will be a nightmare, you will have to face the likes of an Arsenal. so yes there is only one place. Finishing third will give you a better chance in the Europa league, than finishing 2nd and getting horsed out of Europe at the first shout, before everybody else has kicked a ball in anger, a bit like the Hibs excursions.

Rangers could wipe their debt if they qualify for the next round, even finishing third could give them another go at winning the Europa and making a stab at wiping their debt. Still it would be a good time for the HMRC to hit them soon. Celtic will now have to try to win the league by hook or by crook I cant wait to see if refs have the minerals not to give them every decision. I heard Stuart McDougal on the radio this morning stating he likes it when a ref gives a 50/50 agisnt the OF in glasgow at it shows strenght? what just 1 decision or ever time? I cant recall that happening too often.

No there isn't there's only 1 place up for grabs now. The days of both the OF getting into the Champions League are over.

Hagar the Horrible

No there isn't there's only 1 place up for grabs now. The days of both the OF getting into the Champions League are over.

No next season there is 2, but the second has a really hard qualifying, it was confirmed last week

The Treasurer

He is as thick as shite in the neck of a bottle - an ideal addition to ra sellik fhamily. :down:

I think the correct term is "sellik minded"

Means the same thing though

heartgarfunkel

I hate them so much. I'll never be able to express my feelings towards them.

Hearing you loud and clear on this. There is an opportunity here to **** them up - it must be a tri-partite approach. Non-OF fans start to turn out in numbers - the clubs make a bold move and adopt Bundesliga type pricing to increase numbers and attract advertisers. All those who hate the OF cheating and corruption lobby their MSP's and MP's with 'on the record' requests to query and investigate SFA practice, and OF club relationships with bigotry and hate crime in all its myriad forms and higher prority investigations and criminal penalties. The broadcasters could also be held to account on the songs and slogans which are abhorrent to rational society yet aired. Finally, the non-OF clubs have a bond to school players in behaving scrupulously in order to negate the OF gangsters and their pundits. No more excuses for these *******s. Let us put our own houses in order then destroy theirs. They are a bizarre gangster anachronism ready for the end.

1williegibson

eh ? billy the great or whatever they call you, when you played for smellytic and won 9 titles on the trot were you complaining then ya fud ?

i doubt very much you could go through 9 years of league games (around 360 games then) without getting certain decisions going for you and not EVERY decision going against you. he even mentions the referee (tiny wharton )as being one of the better refs. strange how he refereed an awfull lot of the so called big games then.

i dont read the sun but it just shows how much crap and useless football experts are writing for them if he is still writing or commenting on the game when its 30 years since he last played the game and got sacked from every english club he ever managed because he was out of the comfort zone of weegie based organisations and still thinks he has a clue about modern day scottish football

erse

Archived