Robbo free kick v the Hobo`s

Walter Bishop

Walter Bishop

Anyone have footage/remember of Robbos sublime free kick v them around 1997(?) If i remember it was raining (may actually have been sleet/snow) he had come on as a sub and curled it into the top corner, think Gunn was in goals for the hobos.

Possibly his last goal against Hibs? :unsure:

I think we got beat that game didn't we?

we did (i think kevin harper scored for them). It was the fifth or sixth last game of the '98 season. The hobos were saying that they had cost us our league challenge, the truth being we had squandered it with a midweek draw against motherwell in the previous game.

we did (i think kevin harper scored for them). It was the fifth or sixth last game of the '98 season. The hobos were saying that they had cost us our league challenge, the truth being we had squandered it with a midweek draw against motherwell in the previous game.

Correctomundo.

Unfortunately our whole run in was a damp squib once we lost Colin Cameron in order to save him for the Cup Final. I think Junkie Lavety got their other goal that day?

Still, WE won the cup when the Hibs went down doo dah...

Fun Fact: Bryan Gunn was wearing his own personal goalie strip in this game and had simply cut the sponser off the official keeper's jersey and stitched it onto his own. You can tell by looking at it.

Seeing as I was sitting at the edge of the bottom tier (near to their East Stand), I managed to gather a pile of hail stones on both legs in second half.

Pop quiz:

We only lost two league games outside the Old Firm all season.

Can anyone guess the other league defeat?*

*Clue: it at the same stadium, agaisnt the same team that knocked us out of the Coca Cola Cup.

Victor Meldrew

I still quite enjoy the game despite the defeat as we had fun singing 'we'll meet again' to the Hobos knowing that they were doomed.

Seeing as I was sitting at the edge of the bottom tier (near to their East Stand), I managed to gather a pile of hail stones on both legs in second half.

Pop quiz:

We only lost two league games outside the Old Firm all season.

Can anyone guess the other league defeat?*

*Clue: it at the same stadium, agaisnt the same team that knocked us out of the Coca Cola Cup.

Dunfermline at east end park. I was at the game in the cup and I remember Ian westwater having a stormer. We could have won both cups that year..... Or is that just greedy?

I went to hibs v united on the last game of the season in 98' I was with a mate who was a hibby. He threatened to reveal my true identity after the game when he took the huff. I had to sit with my smug feelings until we got far enough away from the stadium....then the taunting commenced. Payback for that derby IMO

Archived