Gareth Bale

jayjay

This guy is a blank cheque for Spurs. If there is a better left sided player anywhere in the world just now I'll be amazed!!!!

He might be a terrible human but Ashley Cole?

Bale was outstanding bombing forward tonight. Cole is a good player but would be hindered making those runs with a mobile phone stuck up his jacksey.

He might be a terrible human but Ashley Cole?

cole is an excellent left back granted and also good going forward, but bale is much much more of a goal threat excellent in fact!

Matthew Le Tissier

I love the fact that we (southampton) created this guy basically through our youth academy.

stirlingshirejambo

I love the fact that we (southampton) created this guy basically through our youth academy.

When he left Southampton was he a full back.

He is has an amazing enging and turn of pace which Spurs use to the full.

Final ball is also consistently excellent and a goal threat. He has it all

jamboinglasgow

Add to that Theo Walcott. Though I would say that Spurs got the better of the two.

cole is an excellent left back granted and also good going forward, but bale is much much more of a goal threat excellent in fact!

Cole is the best left back in the world IMO. Bale is certainly staking a big claim as being one of the best left wingers out there, if he can keep up that sort of form consistently he'll not be at Spurs for very long.

Matthew Le Tissier

Theres another couple of ex acadamy players coming through who look like bright futures adam lanllna and alex oxlade chamberline

Theres another couple of ex acadamy players coming through who look like bright futures adam lanllna and alex oxlade chamberline

A boy who is a saints fan at my work was raving about this guy.

Cole IMO Is not in the same league as Bale!!

Two very different players IMO.

Bale wouldn't be as good as he is if Redknapp hadn't pushed him forward as a winger.

Matthew Le Tissier
A boy who is a saints fan at my work was raving about this guy. [/quot

Aye hes ment to be the nxt walcott but better.

Seymour M Hersh

This guy is a blank cheque for Spurs. If there is a better left sided player anywhere in the world just now I'll be amazed!!!!

Are you his agent? Having a good spell for certain but simmer down to a frenzy until he has done it consistently for 2 or 3 seasons. He was awol against the mancs and toffees remember.

He certainly gave Maicon a hard time last night, guess if he is gonna perform consistently like that, especially in Champions League then it wont be long till some European teams coming knocking at Harry's door to ask about him.

A boy who is a saints fan at my work was raving about this guy.

Mark Chamberlain's son? If he's half as good as his dad was in his prime then he will be some player.

Mr Brightside

Very good player but I think Spurs paid around ?10M for him. They would need to sell him for around ?20M to be worht their while in terms of making a profit and buying a replacement.

Mark Chamberlain's son? If he's half as good as his dad was in his prime then he will be some player.

I'm not sure mate. Maybe someone can confirm?

Florent malouda is a far better player than bale...

Florent malouda is a far better player than bale...

Matthew Le Tissier
I'm not sure mate. Maybe someone can confirm? [/quot

aye thats his old man. They done an interview with him few months back.

Rudolf's Mate

Guy in my work was at the game last night and said that some 16/17 year old tore D&R to bits. Said it was practically a one man show he was that good.

Bale - What a performance and has been consistant all season. What I will say makes him better than any other player in his position is that he has everything in his locker. His skin and final ball are something else. Cole is a very good player however he doesn't look as comfortable on the ball as Bale plus he doesn't have anywhere near the skill that Bale has.

Guy in my work was at the game last night and said that some 16/17 year old tore D&R to bits. Said it was practically a one man show he was that good.

Bale - What a performance and has been consistant all season. What I will say makes him better than any other player in his position is that he has everything in his locker. His skin and final ball are something else. Cole is a very good player however he doesn't look as comfortable on the ball as Bale plus he doesn't have anywhere near the skill that Bale has.

Mate that's a horrendous thing to say, it's guys like you we could do with as far away from Tynecastle as possible.

jamboinglasgow

:whistling:

May be it's just me, but when I see Bale I can't help but think of Cornelius from Planet of the Apes...

cornelius.jpg

he does have monkey features.

Think people need to calm down about Bale, he's been an in form player this season but players like Cole have proven themselves to be consistently solid for years, that's why he's at the bigger club.

Florent Malouda is a far better player...

A Fantastic player wish he played for us. :thumbsup:

Florent Malouda is a far better player...

:lol::lol::lol: you are a funny guy, thanks thats my tea all over the screen thanks to your comedy gold :blink:

May be it's just me, but when I see Bale I can't help but think of Cornelius from Planet of the Apes...

cornelius.jpg

Ha Ha, that's a cracker. Dead ringer!

Malcolm Tucker

He looks like someone I know.

Her names Becky.

Plus he looks like the archetypal Jack Wills fan-boy.

But he is a very good player, playing in the form of his life just now. I think he needs to perform consistently now to make up for what was a shocking start at Tottenham. On current form, he is the best left sided player in the Premiership, no doubt. However I think folk are getting a tad carried away with him, especially after his hat-trick at the San Siro against an Inter team who had, in all honesty, stopped playing by then.

Bale has certainly got the potential to become a world class player, but he is still only 21 and only really started turning in performances towards the tail end of last season and now. With the world watching, I hope he can continue to develop and not get swept up in the hype. There have been many players in the past that have grabbed the spotlight and then failed to become the players their early potential has promised.

As far as Ashley Cole is concerned, I think he is one of the best players in the world. Even with his off the park antics being splashed all over the rags on a dialy basis, he managed to perform to the best of his ability. He has been an a huge asset to any team he has played for. As said already I think it is unfair to compare Bale with him as they are different tpes of player and Bale has a long way to go in terms of performing season after season.

Archived