Are they serious?

Horse

Maybe one day Berra, Drive, Wallce, Elliot (:eek:) and Johnson will be mentioned in the same breath as Robbo, Bauld and Walker.

Can't believe they put this in the Season Ticket ad.

Anyone who believes this should get their coat now.

Maybe one day Berra, Drive, Wallce, Elliot (:eek:) and Johnson will be mentioned in the same breath as Robbo, Bauld and Walker.

Embarrassing, isn't it?

Who wrote this guff?

Laurence?

Dr. Bapswent

I wonder if Julio agrees with you?

Driver and Wallace reckon they meant.......anyway it is all rather pathetic the marketing nonsense emanating from the club these days.......

The bit I nearly choked on was the irony of the first 'story' in the opening paragraph -

After a mediocre start to the 1948-49 season Hearts' manager Davie McLean combined young forwards Willie Bauld, Alfie Conn and Jimmy Wardhaugh for the first time. The combination of Wardhaugh's dazzling dribbling and non-stop running, Bauld's cerebral play and prodigious aerial ability, and Conn's energetic, tenacious style and powerful shooting perfectly complemented each other. By the end of their first match as a three-pronged attacking line, East Fife had been defeated 6-1. And Hearts' 'Terrible Trio' was born.

I really really hope this was not in reference to our forwards last Saturday. God help us.

Chad Sexington
I wonder if Julio agrees with you?

And as if by magic in the very next post...

It's creepy.

ToadKiller Dog

Funny as soon as i read the Advertising blurb my first thought was i bet there is a thread about that comment and yup.

Its just a stupid throw away sentence would not get to carried away.I would be over the moon if the 3 mentioned became legends but i the moon aint made of cheese.

Driver and Wallace reckon they meant.......anyway it is all rather pathetic the marketing nonsense emanating from the club these days.......

It's that JKB typing / spelling thing mate:confused:

Notice the good Dr still refuses to believe we are two different people;)

and I used to laugh at the Hobos referring Tynecastle to the Mad House! :sad:

It's that JKB typing / spelling thing mate:confused:

Notice the good Dr still refuses to believe we are two different people;)

Nightmare re the spelling. Yes its quite amusing that Dr Who still hasn't sussed we are different prople.

gowestjambo

I think the club should be reported to the Avertising Standards Agency, now I know advertising usually stretches the truth a bit, but come on - has there ever been a worse case of trying to fool the paying customer?

ToadKiller Dog
Nightmare re the spelling. Yes its quite amusing that Dr Who still hasn't sussed we are different prople.

yep you two are just telepathically linked.

Nucky Thompson

Horse, this is already being discussed on the season ticket thread:rolleyes: Not really that big an issue to have it's own thread.

Dr. Bapswent
And as if by magic in the very next post...

It's creepy.

Its as if he had to withdraw himself from his anus just to reach the keyboard and post...

To think some supposed university educated intelectual is earing a healthy wage packet for coming up with this kinda nonsense..... scary.....

Hagar the Horrible

Great engraved into the echelons of our vast history!

Elliot - Mole and Miko, the "Really Terrible Trio"

A Partnership that strikes dread into the wallets of those who have paid to see them!

Or to steal from our Hobo siblings:

The "Infamous Five" by adding Zal and Beni to the former number?

As the peaks and troughs of our epochs go /\____/\__/---\____ and we are at a low ebb will we ever see the day when we can honestly field our strongest team and have 11 guys willing and good enough to play for the jersey?:sad:

Horse, this is already being discussed on the season ticket thread:rolleyes: Not really that big an issue to have it's own thread.

Jam Boo, did not appeciate this. More than happy for it to be merged.:cool:

Remember,we were once told we would win the league and the CL as well,so I suppose they have a point.

Why do you care. After all your not buying one.

Guest Dipped Flake

Berra could go on to be one of our best centre halfs (halves?) in years. Driver, although going through a sticky spell, looks like being a great winger. Wallace I believe will be a really good left-mid and Johnson has the ability to be another great midfielder. OK, Elliott is maybe stretching it a bit but apart from that can't see any problem in their statement. Nowhere do they say that these players are greats, just that maybe one or more might turn out to be.

Lets face it, more and more posters on this site have only one aim. To critiscise Hearts at any and every opportunity.

Berra could go on to be one of our best centre halfs (halves?) in years. Driver, although going through a sticky spell, looks like being a great winger. Wallace I believe will be a really good left-mid and Johnson has the ability to be another great midfielder. OK, Elliott is maybe stretching it a bit but apart from that can't see any problem in their statement. Nowhere do they say that these players are greats, just that maybe one or more might turn out to be.

Lets face it, more and more posters on this site have only one aim. To critiscise Hearts at any and every opportunity.

I'll give the Hearts regime credit at every opportunity.

The problem is, these opportunities are few and far between these days! :(

Guest Dipped Flake
I'll give the Hearts regime credit at every opportunity.

The problem is, these opportunities are few and far between these days! :(

Well, how about credit for reducing our season ticket prices if booked early. Even after the offer period, my season ticket is the same price as this season so surely some credit for that???

(I know, they would have a bit of a brass neck if they tried to increae the prices after the season we have had but still, surely a wee bit of credit due).

Hearts marketing is totally cringeworthy these days.

And they've also missed out the following on the brochure:

"This year we won't offer an Away ST so we can charge you an Admin charge every time you queue up at the Ticket Office to buy a ticket for Hearts away matches".

The bit I nearly choked on was the irony of the first 'story' in the opening paragraph -

After a mediocre start to the 1948-49 season Hearts' manager Davie McLean combined young forwards Willie Bauld, Alfie Conn and Jimmy Wardhaugh for the first time. The combination of Wardhaugh's dazzling dribbling and non-stop running, Bauld's cerebral play and prodigious aerial ability, and Conn's energetic, tenacious style and powerful shooting perfectly complemented each other. By the end of their first match as a three-pronged attacking line, East Fife had been defeated 6-1. And Hearts' 'Terrible Trio' was born.

I really really hope this was not in reference to our forwards last Saturday. God help us.

Where is the irony?

Only an idiot could think that 'story' was in any way related to last Saturday.

As an aside with some relevance to recent events, my Dad knew Davie McLean & met him on the morning of a match. The directors had made 2 changes to the team that McLean had selected. He was going to confront them & demand full control of team selection or else he would leave. He didn't leave & the next match was the 6-1 win over East Fife in which the Terrible trio first played together for the 1st team

Maybe one day Berra, Drive, Wallace, Elliot and Johnson will be mentioned in the same breath as Robbo, Bauld and Walker.

Pishwater.

Complete and utter pishwater.

Whoever wrote that garbage should be fecking ashamed of themselves.

Pishwater.

Complete and utter pishwater.

Whoever wrote that garbage should be fecking ashamed of themselves.

What are the lottery numbers for this week.

:mw_rolleyes:

Francis Albert
Hearts marketing is totally cringeworthy these days.

... but a lot more successful than it used to be. Come on, it is advertising, of course it is over-hyped.

Archived