Kingston in contention to feature against Falkirk

Sherlock

Kingston in contention to feature against Falkirk

LARRY KINGSTON has returned to full training with Hearts and has an outside chance of playing his first club game in almost four months, against Falkirk on Saturday.

Kingston's foot injury has subsided with the aid of an 'air boot' and he rejoined training at Riccarton for the first time yesterday. Hearts' coaching staff are now hopeful he will be fit enough to participate in at least part of this weekend's encounter with John Hughes' side, which is central to both clubs' ambitions of achieving a top-six finish in the SPL.

The talismanic midfielder's last domestic match was back on December 1 in a 1-1 draw against Celtic. An ankle problem interrupted his season and threatened his involvement with Ghana in the African Cup of Nations.

He recovered sufficiently to play in the tournament but sustained the foot injury which has precluded him since. His imminent comeback has been warmly welcomed by the club's interim manager, Stephen Frail.

"Larry trained yesterday and looked okay and now he'll get a full week's training. We'll need to see if he has enough in the tank to feature at the weekend," he said.

"He's been out for a while so I'll need to monitor him. I don't want to risk him and I'll decide later in the week whether I'm going to put him in at the weekend.

"You want your strongest options for a big game like this but you also want your strongest options fit for important matches thereafter."

Chad Sexington

Flippin heck!

Some good news at last.

Would be nice to see Larry play a few games in the run in because he'll more than likely be for the off soon.

I hope he is still here next season, the guy is a cracking talent! He is 1st choice in the Ghana side and the 2nd chioce in his position is rumoured to have chelski on his tail....I think that says something about Larry's ability

Drylaw Hearts
I hope he is still here next season, the guy is a cracking talent! He is 1st choice in the Ghana side and the 2nd chioce in his position is rumoured to have chelski on his tail....I think that says something about Larry's ability

I think that say's something about rumours !!

Why would Chelsea not just buy Kingston ?

That sort of thinking is just far too lateral.

Why would Chelsea not just buy Kingston ?[/QUOTE]

Because the window's closed?

If he's not healed 100%, he shouldn't play.

Falkirk will be desparate for at least a point and will have no qualms about getting physical if that's what it takes to stop him so he could end up with a much more serious problem.

grumpyjambo
just in time to be put in the shop window to the end of the season, not a major surprise really

You have just turned a positive into a negative. Why not be happy that he will be back playing?

just in time to be put in the shop window to the end of the season, not a major surprise really

Are you going to use an open razor on your wrists, or perhaps take an overdose?

There's always gas ovens and long ropes.

Ray Winstone
If he's not healed 100%, he shouldn't play.

Falkirk will be desparate for at least a point and will have no qualms about getting physical if that's what it takes to stop him so he could end up with a much more serious problem.

But what about their free flowing passing game with all their young scottish boys?

Certainly good news though.

Do Hearts not learn their lesson?

Fully expect a story on Friday that Larry has been crocked during training.

Tell us, the press and therefore the opposition NOTHING. That way Falkirk won't know he's playing until the team sheets get handed in. Sheesh.

Cos the guy is about 20 year old and has potential, Larry is coming up for 29 and has probably peaked. Essien was quoted as saying he would welcome him to chelsea a few weeks back as well

We_are_the_Hearts

The fact that Kingston and Pinilla have played in the same team for less than 45 minutes shows the shambles we have become. They have BOTH been at the club since January 2007 (I know Pinilla was here before that)!!

Drylaw Hearts
Cos the guy is about 20 year old and has potential, Larry is coming up for 29 and has probably peaked. Essien was quoted as saying he would welcome him to chelsea a few weeks back as well

Larry Kingston is only 27.

He's 28 in November.

If he's peaked what a waste of talent.

BTW, I don't think his age is the stumbling block in his chances of a transfer to Chelsea.

Will be good to see one of our world class players back in action.

Yes maybe with Larry back in the team we will be able to push on and finish in the top six after all...........

Will be good to see one of our world class players back in action.

There's more?

Graham Thomson

Correct, having said that, i dont think he will play for a few weeks yet, if at all, but if he does, it will be for the reason u stated.

Yes maybe with Larry back in the team we will be able to push on and finish in the top six after all...........

major_clanger.jpg

chester copperpot
Larry will NEVER play for Hearts again

JKB told me

If Larry is back this weekend I will be very happy.

Still have my doubts after the website told us he would be out for 4 weeks under 2 weeks ago.

We've missed Larry like you wouldn't believe.

i do think larry's a great player... but i just have a feeling that he won't ever play for us again... i'd love him to stay and get a few other world class players in the summer... but hey i'm just being daft now:sad:

Drylaw Hearts
i do think larry's a great player... but i just have a feeling that he won't ever play for us again... i'd love him to stay and get a few other world class players in the summer... but hey i'm just being daft now:sad:

By typing ' a few other world class players ' you are indicating we already have someone who fits into that bracket.

It is too late for him to change the season but the games will be more enjoyable, he is a good player.

Drylaw Hearts
It is too late for him to change the season but the games will be more enjoyable, he is a good player.

The games will only be more enjoyable if he helps us win.

He is an excellent player when he is on his game.

But, for whatever reason, he just hasn't been at his best often enough.

What I want from this season:

Us to make the top 6 then a central midfield partnership of Laryea Kingston and Ruben Palazuelos to completely rip Hibs apart at the San Giro and show them what flair football is really all about.

Chances?

Ryan Gosling
What I want from this season:

Us to make the top 6 then a central midfield partnership of Laryea Kingston and Ruben Palazuelos to completely rip Hibs apart at the San Giro and show them what flair football is really all about.

Chances?

About as likely as Pinilla scoring the winner.

About as likely as Pinilla scoring the winner.

I was going to add that in but thought I might have been verging on lunacy :confused:

Still :107years:

Ryan Gosling
I was going to add that in but thought I might have been verging on lunacy :confused:

Still :107years:

if we don't have dreams, what do we have?

NoseLikeMahe

From what I've heard... can confirm story that there's a very good chance Larry will appear at some point against Falkirk. Nothing new or sensational I know... just verification.

Delighted that he will be back , Although .....

To those who are saying we have missed him like mad , Have we not played alot better ( minus the gers game ) in the 4months he has been out , compared to the first 4 months of the season ? IMO LK done next to nothing ( like many ) before his Injury

I hope he comes back to better form .

Ryan Gosling
Delighted that he will be back , Although .....

To those who are saying we have missed him like mad , Have we not played alot better ( minus the gers game ) in the 4months he has been out , compared to the first 4 months of the season ? IMO LK done next to nothing ( like many ) before his Injury

I hope he comes back to better form .

He missed the first 3 games of the season, played the first half of the 4th, then started the next 8, of which we lost 2 and won 6 - he scored 3 goals. Then he missed 3 games (W1, D1, L1) and came back for 3 (W1 D2) and scored. Hasn't played since then.

So I'd say we have missed him, given that we rarely lose when he plays.

Archived