Tynecastle till 2009

Sexton Hardcastle

The club has to tell the SPL where they will be playing by 31st March.

The Coucil is unlikely to pass the planning application before then.

Therefore HMFC are not the ones delaying things.

Sorry if that disappoints the 'I told you it won't be built' brigade.

Sexton Hardcastle
Please confirm your source that says that the development is delayed.

I never said it had been delayed. If you read what i said you will see i asked how long after this it will be delayed. I really cant see the stand happening in the next 2-3 years. But thats a whole different thread and im sure 5 or 6 will pop up with a few hours.

Drylaw Hearts
Please confirm your source that says that the development is delayed.

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Tynecastle2010Detail/0,,10289~1091729,00.html

They estimated that the Old Main Stand would be demolished this Autumn.

This is clearly not going to happen now.

I would call that a delay in the projected timeline.

Wouldn't you ?

Drylaw Hearts
I'm suprised that anyone believed that timescale, it was never really practicable.

To be honest, the timeline is designed to look good as opposed to be the reality of situation.

Anyway as Hearts fans we should be well used to over inflated projections! We're we not met to win the league thi season?:)

Don't see this changing anything to be honest. Though I don't believe the stadium will happen, thats got nothing to do with this news.

I didn't believe that timeline was possible.

And I don't believe the actual build will happen either - certainly not under the ownership of VR.

The rebuilding work has not started yet but it is another year in Gorgie, another year at Tynecastle and all thanks to Vlad. :cool:

I never knew there were so many that wanted us to follow CPR and for us to play at Murrayfield. :confused:

Charlie-Brown

Delays are common to most construction projects especially those yet to receive full planning permission - the demolition date of August 2008 could only have ever been a 'best estimate' based on the available information at that time - if Hearts have to notify the SPL of venue by 31st March and planning permission has still not been granted yet then it makes sense to play next season at Tynecastle and think about demolition / construction beginning later (summer 2009) assuming planning & financing can finalised before then - it would be crazy to demolish the Old stand prior to these things being in place?

At least we have clear communication as to how things will be with the stadium for the next 15 months - that is an improvement in terms of communication with the fans.

Ryan Gosling

the council need to approve the plans first, and if this doesn't happen until late in the summer, hearts aren't going to demolish it 3 weeks into the season. people are just looking to criticise here.

It is great news.

Another year at Tynecastle watching Hearts.

An extra year before the Romanovs demolish Tynecastle and then reveal that they don't have the funds to develop the new stadium.

Sexton Hardcastle

yes i do. thanks for pointing out 2009 is next year. Tomorow is also Wednesday for those who dont know.

Delays are common to most construction projects especially those yet to receive full planning permission - the demolition date of August 2008 could only have ever been a 'best estimate' based on the available information at that time - if Hearts have to notify the SPL of venue by 31st March and planning permission has still not been granted yet then it makes sense to play next season at Tynecastle and think about demolition / construction beginning later (summer 2009) assuming planning & financing can finalised before then - it would be crazy to demolish the Old stand prior to these things being in place?

At least we have clear communication as to how things will be with the stadium for the next 15 months - that is an improvement in terms of communication with the fans.

Quick quick put out the flames, there's nothing to see hear, everything is going exactly according to plan ;)

yes i do. thanks for pointing out 2009 is next year. Tomorow is also Wednesday for those who dont know.

Aww shet,I forgot to put the bucket's out.

hearts_crazy

In that case are you expecting Vlad to simply produce a new stand out his erse the minute the planning wotsit goes through with a shout of 'hey presto!' or do you think it makes sense to see out the season at Tynie and start building over next Summer.

Just because it's delayed doesn't (necessarily) mean it ain't gonna happen. I mean he must have spent zillions of quid purely for the planning. It will be built - believe;)

Sexton Hardcastle
In that case are you expecting Vlad to simply produce a new stand out his erse the minute the planning wotsit goes through with a shout of 'hey presto!' or do you think it makes sense to see out the season at Tynie and start building over next Summer.

Just because it's delayed doesn't (necessarily) mean it ain't gonna happen. I mean he must have spent zillions of quid purely for the planning. It will be built - believe;)

No i am just pointing out the fact hearts have arsed something up again. Its not the first time and certainly not the last. Of course it takes time to build a stand/Building. Look at Wembley/Scottish Parliament. "Zillions" ? Okay. I want a new stand as much as the next person. My legs are agony half the time sitting in Section P. But i really cant see it happening within this squads lifetime. (Well, you know what i mean)

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Hearts-offer-ticket-deals-as.3887929.jp

And how many years after this will it be delayed? il say 2

Paddyhmfc,

It's been common knowledge that the redevelopment would not start until May 09. I have been posting this for a wee while now.

Also, according to what I hear within the council I belieive they have no real issues concerning the development. My only concern would be if VR decides it's not finacially viable.

I have seen the plans in full (don't ask) and it you saw the amount of paperwork involved in submitting this (do it once and do it right as per CO) then you would maybe understand the complexities involved. Remember they were issues outwith Hearts control - trams, chemical VATS etc...

Do I believe it will happen - YES.

Expect approval from the Council around August 08.

No i am just pointing out the fact hearts have arsed something up again. Its not the first time and certainly not the last. Of course it takes time to build a stand/Building. Look at Wembley/Scottish Parliament. "Zillions" ? Okay. I want a new stand as much as the next person. My legs are agony half the time sitting in Section P. But i really cant see it happening within this squads lifetime. (Well, you know what i mean)

In what way?

Paddyhmfc,

It's been common knowledge that the redevelopment would not start until May 09. I have been posting this for a wee while now.

Its funny though

In last seasons season ticket release blurb part of the sales pitch was that there might only be 3 stands during redevelopment and you had to get your tickets to guarantee your seat

12 months later - where things allegedly are more advanced, and there is a guarantee of Tynie for another season.

Whatever is said about progress on the redevelopment our collective chains are being pulled to some extent.

Whether it is by playing tricks to generate extra season ticket sales or creating a delay on the speed at which things move with the redevelopment I dont know

Probably a bit of both

Its funny though

In last seasons season ticket release blurb part of the sales pitch was that there might only be 3 stands during redevelopment and you had to get your tickets to guarantee your seat

12 months later - where things allegedly are more advanced, and there is a guarantee of Tynie for another season.

Whatever is said about progress on the redevelopment our collective chains are being pulled to some extent.

Whether it is by playing tricks to generate extra season ticket sales or creating a delay on the speed at which things move with the redevelopment I dont know

Probably a bit of both

Your probably right.

I was told in Feb 07 by someone working full time on the project that it would be May 09. He was 100% right.

As someone say's its another year at Tynecastle where things have to be sorted on the pitch. By a manager.

What financial commitments will Romanov need to make in the next year toward the 'New Stand' ? Will he have to pay large amounts of money to put things in place before Summer 09 ?

I only ask because I have serious doubts it will ever happen. If, as is very likely we have another poor season in 08/09 and he sells the remaining assets (Berra, Kingston, Driver) in either the Summer or January windows I forsee much greater unrest during next season than we have ever had this. Season tickets will definetely be down and it will be easy to get a walk up ticket for any game (the Old Firm will be getting back the whole Roseburn) and I can see us rooted in the bottom 6 with little to play for again. What happens then ? Well only time will tell but by the start of 2009 I can see Romanov pulling the plug on everything.

Sexton Hardcastle

Well then maybe the extra year is a good thing? It gives a bit of time (not that there hasnt been any for the past 2 years) to get in the right manager/staff and even players to havea team worthy of developing the stadium. As its been said before. Whats the point in having a shiney new ground to not have bodies in it with a struggling team playing infront of it. Maybe if VR doesnt get the right man/ team he may well pull the plug on the stand and let it rumble on fora few years and have another crack. "Maybe"

Be happy we are still at Tynecastle, the new stand going up is a bonus.

Csaba's Broon Shoes

The season ticket renewal form states that should construction begin before

the end of season 08-09 , then season ticket holders of the main stand

will be informed in writing before being re-housed in the stadium .

Who is to say once planning permission is passed then maybe our old girl

will be demolished by Daltons this time next year , when we have already

clinched the league title .

Sexton Hardcastle

bloody hell..i knew i said tomorow was Wednesday but i didnt realsise it was the 2nd of April

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Hearts-offer-ticket-deals-as.3887929.jp

And how many years after this will it be delayed? il say 2

There has been a clue on the official website for quite a while now about the timescale for new stand.

Tyncastle 2110

The amount of people on here that believe any crap that the media serve up is unreal

plus the council were expecting to take between 6 and 12 months to look through the application.

What financial commitments will Romanov need to make in the next year toward the 'New Stand' ? Will he have to pay large amounts of money to put things in place before Summer 09 ?

Practically the entire construction industry will disappear to London for the Olympics from next year.

What is proposed by Hearts is a major project.

Given the drain to London building at the same time as the infrastructure for the Olympics will come at a premium and a delay.

There will be staffing problems but there will also be supply problems

Romanov must know this.

If Hearts do ever start this project it WILL NOT be complete before 2012.

This is nothing to do with me wanting Romanov to GTF, but everything to do with how the construction industry is going to be stretched over the next 4 years

Sexton Hardcastle
There has been a clue on the official website for quite a while now about the timescale for new stand.

Tyncastle 2110

The amount of people on here that believe any crap that the media serve up is unreal

plus the council were expecting to take between 6 and 12 months to look through the application.

Wow, i thought Wembelreeey took an age to build.

grumpyjambo
http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Tynecastle2010Detail/0,,10289~1091729,00.html

This is clearly not going to happen now.

I would call that a delay in the projected timeline.

Wouldn't you ?

No, it is easy for executives to sit and play about with construction programmes, ( I see them do it all the time) it is better to get planning permission first and then prepare proper tenders so that the job gets done to budget and on time.

The important timeline is when demolition starts.

Check out similar projects and see how many of them were completed to the first timeline - very few I would imagine.

Practically the entire construction industry will disappear to London for the Olympics from next year.

According to http://www.statistics.gov.uk/pdfdir/cons0308.pdf

Output for the UK Construction industry is around ?82bn at Year 2000 prices which is around ?100bn at todays prices

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6453575.stm

The (four year) construction budget for the Olympics is ?5.3bn, Even if that rises further and doubles to ?10bn we're still only talking about 2.5% of Industry output to talk of "The entire construction industry" disapearing to London is nonsense especially as significant proportion of the extra labour will be drawn in from other parts of Europe. London is as close to Brussels as it is to Edinburgh

The Olympics is big enough for ripples to be felt in the rest of the industry but it's easy to overstate it's impact. The uncertainty over the future fluctuation in house price inflation on the construction of new houses is a bigger factor in determining demand and is also less localised.

What is proposed by Hearts is a major project.

No it's not

It's 100 times smaller than the Olympics. It's smaller than the new developments just up the road on Fountainbridge. It's smaller than the Trams.

Given the drain to London building at the same time as the infrastructure for the Olympics will come at a premium and a delay.

How did we ever build anything in Edinburgh when Canary Wharf was getting constructed?

There will be staffing problems but there will also be supply problems

Given that the market for construction materials is even more international than that for construction labour the Olympics will have an even smaller affect

Romanov must know this.

Or possibly, unlike yourself, he's accumulated a basic grasp of economics.

If Hearts do ever start this project it WILL NOT be complete before 2012.

balderdash!

While it is indeed possible that further delays may be encountered the Olympics present no reason to expect them.

This is nothing to do with me wanting Romanov to GTF, but everything to do with how the construction industry is going to be stretched over the next 4 years

It sounds like you've been listening to some muppets spouting Hobonomics and been taken in. Whether your willingness to belief them has anything to do with your personal opinions on Vlad is a question that only you can answer

Drylaw Hearts
No, it is easy for executives to sit and play about with construction programmes, ( I see them do it all the time) it is better to get planning permission first and then prepare proper tenders so that the job gets done to budget and on time.

The important timeline is when demolition starts.

Check out similar projects and see how many of them were completed to the first timeline - very few I would imagine.

Oh please. :rolleyes:

I know exactly how these things work.

Apart from working in that industry, I happen to have a family member who works in the Planning Dept at ECC.

Anyway.....

There is an estimated Timescale and by the info given we are probably around 8 months behind schedule.

We won't start the demolition in the Autumn but at the end of the Season.

If that's not a delay I don't know what is.

(If it actually ever happens at all)

Q, Where does it say the "Old Main Stand"?

A, It doesn't.

Everything else within Hearts hands has gone as predicted in the timeline shown on that page. The demolition works was an estimate obviouslly dependant on the outcome and time of the outcome of the planning application.

Demolition work may still take place in the Autumn, just not of the stand, we'll have to wait and see.....

Drylaw Hearts
Q, Where does it say the "Old Main Stand"?

A, It doesn't.

Everything else within Hearts hands has gone as predicted in the timeline shown on that page. The demolition works was an estimate obviouslly dependant on the outcome and time of the outcome of the planning application.

Demolition work may still take place in the Autumn, just not of the stand, we'll have to wait and see.....

Demolition of buildings on site will be required to enable construction to commence.

The Main Stand is a building on that site and would most definately have to be removed before construction commences.

The New Stand would have to be built first before any flats or hotels.

The Main Stand is a building on that site and would most definately have to be removed before construction commences.

The New Stand would have to be built first before any flats or hotels.

The ticket office, the former adult learning centre and the nursery are all buildings on the site that would also have to be demolished before construction could commence.

If one or all of these buildings were demolished before the end of 2008, would Hearts still be on schedule then?

Drylaw Hearts
The ticket office, the former adult learning centre and the nursery are all buildings on the site that would also have to be demolished before construction could commence.

If one or all of these buildings were demolished before the end of 2008, would Hearts still be on schedule then?

None of these Buildings will be demolished this Autumn.

I don't think another season at tynecastle with a new manager is a bad idea to be honest.

and who's the new manager, oh yes it's a secret or is it another lie.

this building could be demolished in a morning and the site cleared within a week. with these fantastic artichokes (as we call them in the trade) and pedro the donkey working on the stadum for romanov i wouldn't be surprised if the new stadium is being mismanaged just like our football team. now what's the man of the moment ogilvie doing about a new manager. can it be that hard that it's taken since january 1st to appoint a man to the position within the club that is without doubt the most important job there is.

are we being run by monkeys who are all spin just like new labour..............

I THINK SO !

Ryan Gosling
this building could be demolished in a morning and the site cleared within a week. with these fantastic artichokes (as we call them in the trade) and pedro the donkey working on the stadum for romanov i wouldn't be surprised if the new stadium is being mismanaged just like our football team.

Yes it could.

But they need permission to do that.

Archived