The Official New Partridge 'Series' Thread

Gershwin

Trying just a little bit too hard now....shame.

Are you judging it on the trailer, or have you seen it?

I doubt it will be as good as 'I'm AP' but I suspect it'll be better than all the other tosh that's on at the moment.

Are you judging it on the trailer, or have you seen it?

I doubt it will be as good as 'I'm AP' but I suspect it'll be better than all the other tosh that's on at the moment.

Based on the trailer...and you're right, it will still be better than everything else.

I just hate it when something so good loses what it had...and the script becomes predictable and transparent.

Ends up just becoming a parody of itself, and rather than dying an honourable death when it should, it gets flogged and squeezed for the dregs it might have left.

Id hate for this to sully the previous series' genius by association.

If the clip is anything to go by, it has lost its natural edge and is now uncomfortably obvious and forced.

Im sure it will have moments of brilliance though....its just a shame all the previous series were brilliant from start to finish.

Based on the trailer...and you're right, it will still be better than everything else.

I just hate it when something so good loses what it had...and the script becomes predictable and transparent.

Ends up just becoming a parody of itself, and rather than dying an honourable death when it should, it gets flogged and squeezed for the dregs it might have left.

Id hate for this to sully the previous series' genius by association.

If the clip is anything to go by, it has lost its natural edge and is now uncomfortably obvious and forced.

Im sure it will have moments of brilliance though....its just a shame all the previous series were brilliant from start to finish.

The trailer did seem 'understated' somewhat. I think they need a decent vehicle for the online series - for instance, 'has-been talk show host trys to get back on TV' was much funnier than 'cringe-worthy talk show host presents his show'. I guess we'll see!

The trailer did seem 'understated' somewhat. I think they need a decent vehicle for the online series - for instance, 'has-been talk show host trys to get back on TV' was much funnier than 'cringe-worthy talk show host presents his show'. I guess we'll see!

True, its not clear from the trailer what the vehicle is.

The previous series had clear delineations between them, its not clear where this is going.

Still, I worry that its gonna just be a re-hash of the same techniques and jokes and not something that excels on its own.

from this it suggests its simply based in the radio studio...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UmYOmTG3B0

Iannucci co-wrote with Coogan

True, its not clear from the trailer what the vehicle is.

The previous series had clear delineations between them, its not clear where this is going.

Still, I worry that its gonna just be a re-hash of the same techniques and jokes and not something that excels on its own.

from this it suggests its simply based in the radio studio...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UmYOmTG3B0

Iannucci co-wrote with Coogan

Hmmm. I suspect the budget stretched to paying Coogan/Iannucci and one location.

Archived