Kyle and Barr

Johanes de Silentio

Johanes de Silentio

Anyone else see (and hear) Darren Barr getting an almighty bollocking from Kevin Kyle on Sunday?

Eggert had made a great run into the inside-right channel, and was free to take a simple pass, when Barr chose a hopeful punt.

Kyle totally went to town on the poor *****!

Anyway, that's it! :ninja:

Yeh, heard it too. Seems Kyle was telling him to either 'get up the feckin' line or give it to someone that will' . Long high balls are no use for Kyle, he's looking for people to hit the bye line and knock it across.

Normally, I would agree with what Kyle done, but he should be worrying about his own game as for me he has been rank rotten more often than not.

Winston Ingram

Normally, I would agree with what Kyle done, but he should be worrying about his own game as for me he has been rank rotten more often than not.

Correct. He had a cheek picking on Barr.

stirlingshirejambo

Barr had just hit a high looping ball to the edge of the box.

Kyle was telling him to get it in at pace nearer 6 yard box to be attacked

Barr tried to argue but was fighting a losing battle.

Barr and Kyle were both having a poor game though so neither could really complain if they had been subbed

Guest juvehearts

he has been rank rotten because the service has been pish.

kannae score goals if no service is being offered to you.

juve

he has been rank rotten because the service has been pish.

kannae score goals if no service is being offered to you.

juve

It wasn't against Rangers where he missed chances an amateur to score blindfolded. There is also overall contribution which is rubbish.

I hope he gives moe hope on Sunday and mayber I can start eating my words.

<br />Normally, I would agree with what Kyle done, but he should be worrying about his own game as for me he has been rank rotten more often than not.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I think you are missing the point. By going mental at Barr he is worrying about his own game. As we have seen Kyle is much more effective attacking a ball coming in from a wide position rather than trying to fight for an aimless long ball. Some players in the team are being far too lazy when Kyle is on the park and just knocking it long. It is not a style of play the fans, JJ or Kyle want us to play.

why? Kyle had a tough innings and had two centre halves on top of him when most balls got played into him. Football isn`t perfect and he`ll get balls down his throat now and again, but too many of our players take the easy way out far too often by lobbing it into him.

The guy has proved he`ll get on the end of most balls coming from the wings in other games. Maybe he hasn`t played well himself in the last two games but does that suddenly make him a bad player? One thing for sure is he`ll fight his way out of a bit of bad form...unlike many others in our side.

so you want to hear kyle being more vocal ONLY when he is playing well?

how would this help his team mates exactly?

Both players with a need to increase their contribution this season so far! Both could do with the suggested jet fuel systems to speed them up!

The Treasurer

why? Kyle had a tough innings and had two centre halves on top of him when most balls got played into him. Football isn`t perfect and he`ll get balls down his throat now and again, but too many of our players take the easy way out far too often by lobbing it into him.

The guy has proved he`ll get on the end of most balls coming from the wings in other games. Maybe he hasn`t played well himself in the last two games but does that suddenly make him a bad player? One thing for sure is he`ll fight his way out of a bit of bad form...unlike many others in our side.

Correct, and I'd add that he certainly won't hide even if things are not going his way.

Both players with a need to increase their contribution this season so far! Both could do with the suggested jet fuel systems to speed them up!

Disagree wholeheartedly about that. I don't think either of them have let us down effort wise, Barr has just been a bit rubbish on occasion and Kyle isn't speedy gonzalez but we didn't bring him in cos we thought he'd be pacy.

Saw this and TBH thought Kyle was a bit OTT. No point in labouring the point, as Kyle did, and while he was busy giving Barr pelters, the game raged on around him. He'd be better leeping his eye on the game and sorting out his own misgivings. Kyle was p!sh on Sunday and for me he spends too much time moaning & complaining....a bit like a bigger version of Mikey Stewart

Saw this and TBH thought Kyle was a bit OTT. No point in labouring the point, as Kyle did, and while he was busy giving Barr pelters, the game raged on around him. He'd be better leeping his eye on the game and sorting out his own misgivings. Kyle was p!sh on Sunday and for me he spends too much time moaning & complaining....a bit like a bigger version of Mikey Stewart

You totally went there. :lol:

Y'know...I had an inkling a few weeks back about this. I wondered how long it would take before our very vocal striker had a less than impressive performance and the 'just like that sod Mikey Stewart' card was trotted out. I didn't think it would be quite this quick though.

I think kyle is right to have a go at barr and yes kyle's no been great but as said in earlier posts if the service aint good it limits the bigman to what he can do.I think its etched on his face when things don't come off and his determination to put in 100% week in week out is clear.barr's been rank rotten all season for me and think we need ct back at right back this weekend with jt as sub and drop barr from the team.

The Old Tolbooth

It wasn't against Rangers where he missed chances an amateur to score blindfolded. There is also overall contribution which is rubbish.

I hope he gives moe hope on Sunday and mayber I can start eating my words.

Before people start sticking the boot into Kyle we should remember what dross we had up front for the last two seasons, he's scored probably the same amount of goals that Nade managed in 98 appearances (I think) and is a menace to defences by roughing them up and causing havoc.

What other options do we currently have available to us? Clum? No thanks, S Elliot? Jury's still out, Glen? Errrr naw!

Hopefully we sign another striker in January but at the moment Kyle is the first striker on that team sheet every week for me, and I know he's not very mobile (that's an understatement), but he wasn't brought in for his pace.

Disagree wholeheartedly about that. I don't think either of them have let us down effort wise, Barr has just been a bit rubbish on occasion and Kyle isn't speedy gonzalez but we didn't bring him in cos we thought he'd be pacy.

Wasn't talking about effort, you can try hard and still contribute nothing much and the jet fuel was in response to the suggestion that one of them needed a rocket up their arse! Anyway if Kyle is "busy" enough for you that's your opinion.

Wasn't talking about effort, you can try hard and still contribute nothing much and the jet fuel was in response to the suggestion that one of them needed a rocket up their arse! Anyway if Kyle is "busy" enough for you that's your opinion.

Well then I still disagree regardless. Kyle has contributed plenty in recent weeks and not just in the form of goals, his movement on the pitch has at times been a breath of fresh air in comparison to the headless chicken routine favoured last year by pretty much anyone who played in that position. He has the ability to anticipate moves and to pull defenders out of position when he's not on the ball - sounds like the most basic of basics for a striker but it's not something we've seen much lately. If being busy means creating space for others then yes, I'm all for that.

Miller Jambo 60

Sorry huni but barr is gash, no bottle, skill of a hobo :down:

Well then I still disagree regardless. Kyle has contributed plenty in recent weeks and not just in the form of goals, his movement on the pitch has at times been a breath of fresh air in comparison to the headless chicken routine favoured last year by pretty much anyone who played in that position. He has the ability to anticipate moves and to pull defenders out of position when he's not on the ball - sounds like the most basic of basics for a striker but it's not something we've seen much lately. If being busy means creating space for others then yes, I'm all for that.

I'm not just comparing the last year or two and we will have to agree to differ about his creation of room for others etc. Certainly gets involved more than Nade but so did the average blade of grass. You only have to go back to janny or adam to see clever work or hard work creating room for others. We have dropped our standards and ambition since then I know. Have you read Gary Mackay's comments about Kyles fitness and mobility??

Sorry huni but barr is gash, no bottle, skill of a hobo :down:

Harsh Doug, harsh... :biggrin:

I'm not quite ready to give him the gash label but he's certainly heading in that direction and at some pace, yes. He hasn't been great at all.

I'm not just comparing the last year or two and we will have to agree to differ about his creation of room for others etc. Certainly gets involved more than Nade but so did the average blade of grass. You only have to go back to janny or adam to see clever work or hard work creating room for others. We have dropped our standards and ambition since then I know. Have you read Gary Mackay's comments about Kyles fitness and mobility??

Jankauskas and Adam were far and away more talented and experienced than anything we currently have though. That's like comparing a camembert with an Asda value cheese slice. Well, not quite that drastic but you get my point....

And no I haven't read Gazza's gripes, I've been avoiding anything that might be a reminder of Sunday's horror show - did he have a grumble about Kyle in his column yesterday?

Harsh Doug, harsh... :biggrin:

I'm not quite ready to give him the gash label but he's certainly heading in that direction and at some pace, yes. He hasn't been great at all.

Jankauskas and Adam were far and away more talented and experienced than anything we currently have though. That's like comparing a camembert with an Asda value cheese slice. Well, not quite that drastic but you get my point....

And no I haven't read Gazza's gripes, I've been avoiding anything that might be a reminder of Sunday's horror show - did he have a grumble about Kyle in his column yesterday?

Comments re match fitness and mobility and whether or not this is as good as it gets!

Bit harsh on the cheese slice by the way..it may be low fat!

So we're not happy when we play the hoof ball up to Kyle but also not happy if he tells someone not to play the hoof ball up to him? Regardless of their recent performances that seems to me like someone who wants the team to imrove and try to get us into a position where we get more opportunity to score goals?

You totally went there. :lol:

Y'know...I had an inkling a few weeks back about this. I wondered how long it would take before our very vocal striker had a less than impressive performance and the 'just like that sod Mikey Stewart' card was trotted out. I didn't think it would be quite this quick though.

not got a problem with him being vocal, and everyone can have an off day, but I just want him to be more positive with his vocals, and not turn in to a greetin faced fud like Mr Stewart.

Archived