Time For a New Generation Of Hearts Songs?

Guest juvehearts

Guest juvehearts

My 3 year old daughter came to me & I quote, daddy when was that song made??

now I was listening to hail, hail jam tarts off the only official album released by the club after we won the scottish cup in 1998.

it got me thinking, why is there no new songs coming though the terracing from people?

we ant had a decent song since the european song.

so i was thinking we should have a wee competition to see who could create a new song that is worth singing on match day's

what do you all think???

juve.

jamboinglasgow

I think we do need new songs. I have said this before. But there is a cringe-crowd on here who shoot any talk down. We need people to start singing and new songs can help, we have the best stadium in Scotland for singing we need to use it.

why is there no new songs coming though the terracing from people?

1. Because most of the "fans" who attend games - at home in particular - are mind-numbingly boring sweetie-paper rustlers.

2. The old songs are still the best, so there's no point in replacing them.

My 3 year old daughter came to me & I quote, daddy when was that song made??

now I was listening to hail, hail jam tarts off the only official album released by the club after we won the scottish cup in 1998.

it got me thinking, why is there no new songs coming though the terracing from people?

we ant had a decent song since the european song.

so i was thinking we should have a wee competition to see who could create a new song that is worth singing on match day's

what do you all think???

juve.

I agree, but the chances are you will get the responce, "it doesnt make any difference doing it here, you need to go and sing it at the matches"

dobmisterdobster

I hate the new Hearts song that was recorded a few years ago.

And btw. it's "some say the Rangers and Celtic are grand" in that order. NOT Celtic and Rangers.

GET IT RIGHT! :verymad:

jamboinglasgow

1. Because most of the "fans" who attend games - at home in particular - are mind-numbingly boring sweetie-paper rustlers.

If you want to sing Hello Hello, just remove the f-word and replace with Hibby, and dont put Billy Boys (dont know why we want to sing about a Glaswegian gang anyway.) Its that simple.

If you want to sing Hello Hello, just remove the f-word and replace with Hibby, and dont put Billy Boys (dont know why we want to sing about a Glaswegian gang anyway.) Its that simple.

:rolleyes:

Er, where did I mention "Hello Hello". We've got loads of old songs.

jamboinglasgow

:rolleyes:

Er, where did I mention "Hello Hello". We've got loads of old songs.

ah the old Therapist trick, :rolleyes:

you have mentioned it many times before that it is our best song and we should be able to sing. It is one of our old songs.

If a new song isnt going to be made, then I think Hearts fans need to organise something the whole stand can take part in on away games. I remember when hearts beat rangers 2-1 at tynie and before the match rangers fans threw hundreds of paper rolls from the stands, It made for a good match day experience for them. Suppose hearts would get fined for throwing things onto the pitch though eh? My point is Ive never seen hearts organise anything like this. Even If it was the club that did it at home matches with holding up paper to create an image on big games against hibs/rangers/celtic. I think it would be a croud pleaser... Thoughts?

Guest John Meurig Thomas

I agree with juve and Therapist tbh. The old songs are by far and away the best, and amongst other clubs our songbook stands out. However, it could do with a few additions if I'm honest.

Why does no one sing the other verses of 'Have You Heard of the Heart of Midlothian'? What happened to getting that Hearts Crazy song back in our regular book? These questions need answers. ninja.gif

It's a shame that while this thread is a cracking idea, nothing will come of it.

you have mentioned it many times before that it is our best song and we should be able to sing. It is one of our old songs.

I've not mentioned it on here though. Stop putting cyber words in my cyber mouth. Thanks. :lol:

Guest juvehearts

ah the old Therapist trick, :rolleyes:

he is right though.

hello, hello is our best song, when sung correctly

the actual words are...............

hello, hello - we are the gorgie boys

hello, hello, you'll know us by our noise

on saturday you'll here us sing tynecaste to dalry

when we go marchin' thru gorgie.

juve

he is right though.

hello, hello is our best song, when sung correctly

the actual words are...............

hello, hello - we are the gorgie boys

hello, hello, you'll know us by our noise

on saturday you'll here us sing tynecaste to dalry

when we go marchin' thru gorgie.

juve

Sorry mate, its Hooray Hooray we are the Gorgie boys, not hello hello.

HELLO HELLO WE ARE THE GORGIE BOYS...best ever to get the blood running,then along came the goody two shoe trumpets and ruined the moment. Bring it back!!!

Seymour M Hersh

Who's saying they need replaced just additional material required, no?

Guest juvehearts

Who's saying they need replaced just additional material required, no?

defo.

were singing about the 50 - 80's. 30 years have passed & no on current song to sing along with the classic's.

thats why im trying to muster up something different.

im hoping this will inspire people to do something.

the seed has been planted.

step 1 - check!

juve

Number 2 suits me just fine and to add to this restore some old Favorites

Silvery Moon could do with a dust down and sung again of you ask me

If a new song isnt going to be made, then I think Hearts fans need to organise something the whole stand can take part in on away games. I remember when hearts beat rangers 2-1 at tynie and before the match rangers fans threw hundreds of paper rolls from the stands, It made for a good match day experience for them. Suppose hearts would get fined for throwing things onto the pitch though eh? My point is Ive never seen hearts organise anything like this. Even If it was the club that did it at home matches with holding up paper to create an image on big games against hibs/rangers/celtic. I think it would be a croud pleaser... Thoughts?

everyone who loves tae have a good singsong shuld come to section g because atmosphre is lacking at tynecastle now.

Sorry mate, its Hooray Hooray we are the Gorgie boys, not hello hello.

Sorry mate, it's actually not.

It's Hurrah Hurrah we are the Gorgie boys.

Hartleys_Jam_Tart

Agree with 2, think 1 is harsh

My son and I sang that one evening last week on a beach in Gran Canaria, and then wrote "HIBS R SHITE" in big capital letters in the sand.

Washed away by the incoming tide over night.

Ah well.

Belted out at Aberdeen and Inverness.

Other clubs have done it by getting a pub full of folk to sing a song then posting a video on youtube with links from their message board.

If you want to get a song started, teach it to 20 or so mates, find a friendly boozer, bus or similar place to gather, get your camera phone out and let the interweb do the rest.

If it's good enough and catchy enough, people will start singing it on buses, in pubs and in the street before the big games until enough people know the words for it to start at an away game, followed hopefully by home games....

Other clubs have done it by getting a pub full of folk to sing a song then posting a video on youtube with links from their message board.

If you want to get a song started, teach it to 20 or so mates, find a friendly boozer, bus or similar place to gather, get your camera phone out and let the interweb do the rest.

If it's good enough and catchy enough, people will start singing it on buses, in pubs and in the street before the big games until enough people know the words for it to start at an away game, followed hopefully by home games....

Well then we just need some lyrics and a good tune to follow. :-) Lets get started!

All roads lead to Gorgie

I like The White Stripes 7 nation army tune that we are not allowed to sing anymore :whistling:. What about singing something like " all of Gorgie is here" along to it at away games. On second thoughts it might sound a bit silly if only 500 of us turn up on a wet night in Hamilton :unsure:

I think we should go hip hop....

Yo, yo, we are the muthaf'ckin' Gorgie Boys y'hear dawg?

You wanna hear some noise? We gonna bust a cap in yo'r ass. And yo'r mammas.

Your mamma's a ho. A muthaf'ckin' ho.

West side, bitch.

....then we all do some body popping.

Hello hello is the best song to get the crowd going.

Take out Billy replace with Gorgie.

Take out the line about being up to our knees in it and replace with something else (canne be bothered thinking - but "we're out to beat you every time" was a wee bit gay).

Singing about being "Billy Boys" is silly. They were, as mentioend before, a Glasgow Razor gang in the 20s/30s - feck all to do with us. It's a bit like singing "we are the CSF" type of thing.

jamboinglasgow

To the tune of "Oh its Magic"

Oh Oh oh We're Jambo's! Y'nooo

Next Line? Lol

if we win next weekend, then it should be

oh oh oh it's magic, you know, Hibs have won feck all

Songs and singing are organic things IMO and can't sorted out by interweb chat forums.

I agree with this.

It doesn't help that we have very few songs for our players.

Lee Wallace and Rudi are the only two that seem to get regular shouts - surely guys like Suso, Kyle, Jonsson, Kello and Temps etc are popular enough or are doing well enough to get something as well?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

There are plenty that I do not know all the words to... Perhaps a sticky with old songs provided by users would be usefull as though I do not know all the words to every song there are a fair few out there who don't know any other than the Hearts song... This would encourage them to sing them more at games IMO. Any new songs could be proposed on the same thread.

Obviously some songs would get us into trouble but as the rules surounding proper conduct will be similar on here as in the ground, there shoulkd not be too much problem. I know most of the main ones and a couple of obscure ones and a few offensive ones but there are plenty out there that I do not know all the lyrics to and I would like to read them.

:thumbsup:

Guest John Meurig Thomas

It doesn't help that we have very few songs for our players.

Lee Wallace and Rudi are the only two that seem to get regular shouts - surely guys like Suso, Kyle, Jonsson, Kello and Temps etc are popular enough or are doing well enough to get something as well?

You couldn't be more mistaken, mate.

Suso! Suso!

Kello! Kello!

'One Kevin Kyle' and 'One Eggert Jonsson' are all part of our highly imaginative repotoire. cool.gifblink.gif

GorgieRuless93

First of all we need to actually get singing never mind new songs, most people just slate the players when the muck up the atmosphere is dropping at tynecastle.

Lee Wallace has a gun is has only been about for four years.

Most of the new ones seem to be about Hibs or the Old Firm rather than us. (Oh the Hibees are gay; Aiden McGeady got shagged by his priest).

Part of the problem is that songs tend to be more about players nowadays and players don't stick around as long as they used to.

The Treasurer

Songs and singing are organic things IMO and can't sorted out by interweb chat forums.

Correct.

It worked in "our day" without interwebs and you tubes

Walter Bishop

For Sunday.....

"Oh Rudi Skacel

you are the love of my life

oh Rudi Skacel

i`d let you sh*g my wife

oh Rudi Skacel

i want more goals from youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu"

I agree about there being a lack of songs for players being sung at Tynecastle.

Our top performers just now deserve songs, Suso, Zaliukas and Kello;

Suso: (as sung in Zagreb) He plays on the left, he plays on the riiight, Suso Santana makes Ronaldo look s****

Zaliukas: (also sung in Zagreb) Do do do, Marius Zaliukas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok1mu8q87js

I've thought of one for Kello, every time he makes an impressive save: Marian Kello ole ole ole, ole ole ole, ole ole ole, oleole, oleole MARIAN KELLO ole ole ole (repeat)

Similar to this but "Marian Kello" instead of "Dinamo Zagreb".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1_ivp2oUaA

(Clapping is optional)

I can just imagine the whole stadium singing this, MK's confidence would go through the roof being surrounded be fans chanting his name. That particular chant is often used in mid-eastern European countries including Slovakia (Kello's home nation).

Suso: (as sung in Zagreb) He plays on the left, he plays on the riiight, Suso Santana makes Ronaldo look s****

I've thought of one for Kello, every time he makes an impressive save: Marian Kello ole ole ole, ole ole ole, ole ole ole, oleole, oleole MARIAN KELLO ole ole ole (repeat)

(Clapping is optional)

I can just imagine the whole stadium singing this, MK's confidence would go through the roof being surrounded be fans chanting his name. That particular chant is often used in mid-eastern European countries including Slovakia (Kello's home nation).

I would love to sing that! haha! We woulnt be short of times to sing it as kello is forever keeping us in the game!

Guest John Meurig Thomas

(Clapping is optional)

The Suso and Zal ones are shite rip-offs - behaviour we should leave to Hibs really, but the Kello one is class and has potential!

HELLO HELLO WE ARE THE GORGIE BOYS...best ever to get the blood running,then along came the goody two shoe trumpets and ruined the moment. Bring it back!!!

I liked Eenie Meanie Mini Moe, but then along came the PC Brigade....

Miller Jambo 60

You are old school like me, but new pc gfa spl guff does it in.

Mind you soldiers are we are sang at every celtic game :down: :down: :down: MUPS

(Clapping is optional)

The Zagreb one is a belter! Could easily fit in some HMFC lyrics and it could be a keeper!

Ole Ole, Ole Olooee, We are the Gorgie Agrooo.

Done.

I really think we should try the dinamo one at the hibs game, perfect opertunity. But is there a group of people sitting next to each other brave enough to start it?

Guest juvehearts

I really think we should try the dinamo one at the hibs game, perfect opertunity. But is there a group of people sitting next to each other brave enough to start it?

ill try & spark it up. im sitting upper pp

juve

mahgrassyshoes

ill try & spark it up. im sitting upper pp

juve

I'm in upper QQ so I'll join in.

jamboinglasgow

Like the idea of the Kello song, may need a group to sit together to get it going, but could be good.

Found this video of chants from around the world

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FBeDCXrKvI

Some interesting ones such as a French version of O Flower of Scotland (and FC Koln's version of Loch Lomond,) though disappointing they decide to take Celtic fans singing You'll Never Walk alone rather then Liverpool's.

Some new songs and chants to add to the great songs of old would really help. I wonder if the lyrics to some of the older songs should be put in a section on the official website, such as in the new fans section.

Archived