Lee Griffifths

Johanes de Silentio

Johanes de Silentio

Yesterday's Sunday Post ran a story saying that JJ is interested in signing Griffifths.

I've also read that he's on his way to Blackpool.

Apologies if already posted, and for my attempt at spelling his name.

Yesterday's Sunday Post ran a story saying that JJ is interested in signing Griffifths.

I've also read that he's on his way to Blackpool.

Apologies if already posted, and for my attempt at spelling his name.

Was reported last week that st johnstone will sign him in the next window. Suggested the deal was already agreed.

I was talking to a close relative of his at the weekend. She said he wants to go back to Hibs... Then she laughed ... He has changed, but still an erse...

In a heartbeat, I don't give a flying if he's a hibs fan. He's a pro footballer not a fan.

In a heartbeat, I don't give a flying if he's a hibs fan. He's a pro footballer not a fan.

correct we need as many players as possible who know where the goals are and can score goals regularly he fits that bill and will be available in the january window go get him JJ

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

He said last year didnt want to sign for us becuase he didnt want to rot in the reserves or play in a boring 4-5-1 formation

We're obviously a bit more adventurous than we were under csaba, but he still might be put off by the fact he wont be first choice and look for a mid table spl club like st johnstone where he can play every week

He's also quoted as saying his dad and brother are hobos but he has jambo family as well

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/leaguedivision1/2577392/Love-Leigh.html

Horatio Caine

He said last year didnt want to sign for us becuase he didnt want to rot in the reserves or play in a boring 4-5-1 formation

We're obviously a bit more adventurous than we were under csaba, but he still might be put off by the fact he wont be first choice and look for a mid table spl club like st johnstone where he can play every week

He's also quoted as saying his dad and brother are hobos but he has jambo family as well

http://www.thescotti...Love-Leigh.html

That's as may be - but if, say, Uncle Wattie came calling, he'd be off in a flash. 4-5-1 or not.

FWIW - I think he'd be a good addition to our squad.

correct we need as many players as possible who know where the goals are and can score goals regularly he fits that bill and will be available in the january window go get him JJ

jesus one bad game and people seem to forgot what we have on the books already. Last week we were all raving on having klye and elliot starting with a good bench in glen and elliott to come on. I don't see the point in signing other striker (i never thought i would say that a year ago) when we can also play temps and novi thru the middle not to meation rudi ! We need a attacking midfeilder and a couple of defenders.

http://www.thescotti...Love-Leigh.html

It is because of this, and not because he is a Hibs fan, that he can ram it.

It is because of this, and not because he is a Hibs fan, that he can ram it.

A footballer wants to play games, he gets slated..........................if he joined Rangers or Celtic and sat on the bench he would get slated! Seems you can never win.

We_are_the_Hearts

Not this wee ned again. He has pace and nowt much else. Hasn't been first choice at Dundee and is behind Maguire, Murphy and Goodwillie for the U21s. Have we really got this low? Would rather take my chances with what we have..............

Regal Kingston

Good god he is ugly.

No thanks. He has Hibernian 'written' all over him.

He could be Derick Riordans cousin, his brother and his uncle all rolled into one.

Good god he is ugly.

No thanks. He has Hibernian 'written' all over him.

He could be Derick Riordans cousin, his brother and his uncle all rolled into one.

Maturity.png

Would be a better option than Elliot or Glen

Definetely. Problem is both of them are on wages no other club would be stupid enough to pay so not that easy to get rid of. Would also give the likes of Robinson the opportunity to get some game time.

rudi must stay

Not sure we need him. But if it's only for ?150k then why not, he's a good player and it's hardly breaking the bank.

Charlie-Brown

Hearts own Gordon Smith has an equally good scoring record in the SFL 1ST division this season, I'd prefer we gave chances to our own young players before we go signing other teams 20 year olds.

Johanes de Silentio

Hearts own Gordon Smith has an equally good scoring record in the SFL 1ST division this season, I'd prefer we gave chances to our own young players before we go signing other teams 20 year olds.

Actually, that's a fair point - according to the BBC site, Smith is on 6 goals, while Griffiths is on 4.

Charlie-Brown

Actually, that's a fair point - according to the BBC site, Smith is on 6 goals, while Griffiths is on 4.

Calum Elliot also out-scored Leigh Griffith's when they played together for Livingston in the 1st Division .... regards this season Gordon Smith & Johnny Brown are puting in good performances for Stirling Albion - Iam more concerned how we manage their future than Griffith's who isn't as good as either Templeton or Novikovas based on what I've seen.

jamboinglasgow

To me that is an important part to all of this, we have upfront for next season Kyle, Elliot, Elliott, Glen, Smith and Ogilby. That is a lot of strikers and trying to fit Griffths in as well is not easy. Smith is showing his goal scoring ability in the first division and I still think Glen has been champing at the bit for a while that when he finally gets his turn he will show off his ability.

I think Griffths is a good player, and i wouldn't put it past him moving to Blackpool, a manager such as Holloway is a great man manager and knows bargain players is what he needs.

jesus one bad game and people seem to forgot what we have on the books already. Last week we were all raving on having klye and elliot starting with a good bench in glen and elliott to come on. I don't see the point in signing other striker (i never thought i would say that a year ago) when we can also play temps and novi thru the middle not to meation rudi ! We need a attacking midfeilder and a couple of defenders.

Agree 100per cent.

A footballer wants to play games, he gets slated..........................if he joined Rangers or Celtic and sat on the bench he would get slated! Seems you can never win.

Firstly, I couldn't give a monkeys who signs for those two and why.

Secondly, I do care about who turns us down and why.

Firstly, I couldn't give a monkeys who signs for those two and why.

Secondly, I do care about who turns us down and why.

he wanted to play games and didn't want to play for a slavering boring arse........................SIMPLE call for any footballer with an ounce of sense for his career development.

he wanted to play games and didn't want to play for a slavering boring arse........................SIMPLE call for any footballer with an ounce of sense for his career development.

When an SPL club comes in for you, you have to think about it but there was NEVER a temptation to join Hearts. I watched them on TV last season and they went with a 4-5-1 formation and I couldn't myself playing that lone striker role.

That first sentence alone is enough for me, but the second bit suggests that he believed he would have got games. As for the slavering boring arse, I don't disagree.

I'd also add, that I do not believe his only reason for turning us down was stated in the paper. I'd suggest that his allegiances was the main reason but unless a Griffiths friend or family member is to tell us otherwise, we'll never know. It will be very interesting to see what is said if this comes to fruition, or it may be interesting to see what he says when he signs for another side.

***EDIT***

Just re-read the last bit, I am pretty sure that many young footballers have done alright making their step up the league to Hearts. More than one from his current club tbh.

Calum Elliot, Gary Glen, Gordon Smith and Scott Robinson are all much better options than Leigh Griffiths.

Guest jambomickey

couldn't agree more charlie, would rather see smith and robinson given a chance.

Archived