kilmarnock fans.

Frankenstein Jambo.

we might of got hammered yesterday but at least we are not those *****.

Right out of 'The Scheme'. Horrible people!

Lynn :ninja:

Thought they supported their team well.

Not sure waht they have against JJ but fair play to them, they must have had a great day.

"go home you huns"

"we are the ayrshire billy boys"

blink.gif

that was a weird one,

thought they supported their team well, far better than we did.

"go home you huns"

blink.gif

I think it's "Killie Boys". Or it least it was amongst the Killie supporters I used to go to school with. Some of whom had a rabid dislike of us for some reason. Probably envy.

Creepy Lurker

They seemed right up for the game yesterday, probably because of the Jefferies / Kyle thing (we call them sadacts for it, but we'd be the exact same if our manager and star striker were to do similar).

It was a bit irritating, but fair play to them. It's been a while since we created an atmosphere like that.

Guest jambomickey

"go home you huns"

blink.gif

ayrshire killie boys, what was there kevin kyle song all about?

Stupid Sexy Flanders

One of the many sets of supporters who seem to despise us, despite us having no feelings at all towards them.

Spitonastranger

You have to remeber where they come from, coming to Tynie is a big day out for them, us goin to Killie means nothing but a hassle

a group of them turned up at haymarket about 30 or so all in fancy dress In good spirits quite funny.

in the killie boys song I'm sure they sing up to our knees in Ayr blood regardless of what words are used its the use of "blood" that is supposed to be the offending word yet they seem to get away with it. The gorgie boys version always seems to fade quickly these days when started

Stupid Sexy Flanders

a group of them turned up at haymarket about 30 or so all in fancy dress In good spirits quite funny.

in the killie boys song I'm sure they sing up to our knees in Ayr blood regardless of what words are used its the use of "blood" that is supposed to be the offending word yet they seem to get away with it. The gorgie boys version always seems to fade quickly these days when started

Umm.... :huh:

Umm.... :huh:

Why the umm.. ? So what do you think the offending words are? the f word for republican (which i would n't sing) is in iteslf not offensive ethier is hibby or billy boys but the use of blood is deemed to suggest violence the reason why it was "banned" a few seasons ago

Seymour M Hersh

They were entitled to rub our collective (JJ, BB, Lockie, Kyle and Hearts fans) noses in it yesterday.

Having said that had we managed to get an early goal I think they may have collapsed having had 3 straight losses. As it turned out though they were well worth their win.

Aye!!!

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Why the umm.. ? So what do you think the offending words are? the f word for republican (which i would n't sing) is in iteslf not offensive ethier is hibby or billy boys but the use of blood is deemed to suggest violence the reason why it was "banned" a few seasons ago

I'm reasonably sure it's the sectarian lyrics in the Rangers version which led it to be banned. The Killie version is not banned as it contains no such offensive lyrics.

The "F word" is most certainly offensive to catholics.

Let's face it - they will whine about absolutely anything that is aimed in their direction. They're not happy unless they can play the "society's victim" card. :down:

Cheered their team from start to finish singing many a song along the way.

Don't see the problem TBH.

We deserved the ribbing we got from them yesterday.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Let's face it - they will whine about absolutely anything that is aimed in their direction. They're not happy unless they can play the "society's victim" card. :down:

I'm not disputing that, I'm just saying I don't think it's the inclusion of the word "blood" that people find offensive abot this song. I frankly don't know where the other poster got that idea from.

I'm reasonably sure it's the sectarian lyrics in the Rangers version which led it to be banned. The Killie version is not banned as it contains no such offensive lyrics.

I agree it would be but usually because it is folllowed by a nasty word which would make it offensive.

Its a grey area amongst football fans, the SFA should have stood up to the bigots and banned all forms of "folk" songs because its not just the content that offends but the symbolism associated to some songs provokes reaction or indeed offends some.

To be honest think they've given up trying to stop the banned songs these days

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Its a grey area amongst football fans, the SFA should have stood up to the bigots and banned all forms of "folk" songs because its not just the content that offends but the symbolism associated to some songs provokes reaction or indeed offends some.

To be honest think they've given up trying to stop the banned songs these days

Good, freedom of speech and all that. :thumbsup:

I'm not disputing that, I'm just saying I don't think it's the inclusion of the word "blood" that people find offensive abot this song. I frankly don't know where the other poster got that idea from.

I got the idea because blood is the offensive word. changing to hibby blood is apparently no better than the other version like I say blood implies violence

i forgot the meeting where it was decided being 'better' fans won you trophies. killie beat us, the fact that their fans treat marvin and bullit 'ra dug as cultural icons is neither here nor there.

indeed its the spilling of blood that makes the billy boys a violent sectarian chant . Mind you I don't know all the words to the rangers version, i can only speak of what I've heard hearts fans sing over the years. I remember a lot of debate at the time and from a hearts fans viewpoint I thought putting hibby into the song made it alright but it did n't like i say having blood suggests violence and doing harm to others

Stupid Sexy Flanders

indeed its the spilling of blood that makes the billy boys a violent sectarian chant . Mind you I don't know all the words to the rangers version, i can only speak of what I've heard hearts fans sing over the years. I remember a lot of debate at the time and from a hearts fans viewpoint I thought putting hibby into the song made it alright but it did n't like i say having blood suggests violence and doing harm to others

Did you read the link? It mentions neither blood nor violence. It specifically talks about sectarian content and that being the reason the want to stamp it out.

i did read the link and seem to remember uefas first ruling was no action against rangers as they thought such sectarian behaviour was part of scottish culture! uefa later changed their mind about this and fined them.

Indeed no detail to why the song was banned in the article but looking at the words of the song Its the bloodshed of a certain group in the song that would have led to it being banned , by and large sectarianism and its hatred go hand in hand with violence.

The article refers only to Rangers, the directives for acceptable behaviour in scottish football have evolved and we only have to listen to Scott Wilsons list of conditions before a match to realise songs and about hibs blood and indeed their sexuality are not allowed anymore, (even tho the white stripes from the 2006 semi is a classic!)

Stupid Sexy Flanders

i did read the link and seem to remember uefas first ruling was no action against rangers as they thought such sectarian behaviour was part of scottish culture! uefa later changed their mind about this and fined them

Indeed no detail to why the song was banned in the article but looking at the words of the song Its the bloodshed of a certain group in the song that would have led to it being banned , by and large sectarianism and its hatred go hand in hand with violence.

We only have to listen to Scott Wilsons list of conditions before a match to realise songs and about hibs blood and indeed their sexuality are not allowed anymore, (even tho the white stripes from the 2006 semi is a classic!)

I see you're not going to back down, despite the evidence I've provided. Ah well.

They were certainly in good voice but,

wasn't one of their 'songs' a simple "do-do-do-do" to the tune of Daft Punk's - "Da Funk" ?

Someone please confirm I didn't make that up (bored as I was)?

MacDonald Jardine

i did read the link and seem to remember uefas first ruling was no action against rangers as they thought such sectarian behaviour was part of scottish culture! uefa later changed their mind about this and fined them.

The article refers only to Rangers, the directives for acceptable behaviour in scottish football have evolved and we only have to listen to Scott Wilsons list of conditions before a match to realise songs and about hibs blood and indeed their sexuality are not allowed anymore, (even tho the white stripes from the 2006 semi is a classic!)

No it's not. It's being up to your knees in a particular religious group (or perceived religious group) that makes it offensive.

Apparently it's okay to spill blood based on geographical origin.

Miller Jambo 60

I think it's "Killie Boys". Or it least it was amongst the Killie supporters I used to go to school with. Some of whom had a rabid dislike of us for some reason. Probably envy.

Killie fans are inbred , mind you they are close to weegie land

No it's not. It's being up to your knees in a particular religious group (or perceived religious group) that makes it offensive.

Thats what I said in my post

Apparently it's okay to spill blood based on geographical origin.

I don't think we're supposed to say anything naughty these days, they'd prefer we shook our pringle tubes in the air or russle or sweetie pappers to bit louder (on no I've given away I sit in the gorgie!)

unfortunately i have to admit the killie fans were v.good supported their team well and gave a good atmosphere

joel.

Pleb's from the west.

People who chant the name of the a town dosnt do it for me... :down:

So apparently it's okay to be up to our knees in an Ayr fans blood, ie. kicking the **** out of him, but when it's an Irish catholic it's a big WOW no-no?

Utterly ludicrous.

So apparently it's okay to be up to our knees in an Ayr fans blood, ie. kicking the **** out of him, but when it's an Irish catholic it's a big WOW no-no?

Utterly ludicrous.

:thumbsup: well said

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Utterly ludicrous.

Apparently, yes.

If there was a group of fans who were all Klan members and chanted "We're up to our knees in n**ger blood", I reckon Uefa would find that more offensive than "Ayr blood" too. It's the bigotry they're worried about, as the article I linked clearly states.

Apparently, yes.

If there was a group of fans who were all Klan members and chanted "We're up to our knees in n**ger blood", I reckon Uefa would find that more offensive than "Ayr blood" too. It's the bigotry they're worried about, as the article I linked clearly states.

Taken from the spl rule book, which shows that fans are not supposed to sing about any sort of blood. Its a misconception that these rules only apply to sectarian, racist or homophobic songs or chants. I suppose technically any form of bad language or swearing is not allowed, but if this was enforced there would be very few people at the games as a lot us would be banned!

H7.4.3 Disorderly conduct includes (i) conduct which stirs up or sustains or is likely or designed to stir up or sustain, hatred or ill will against or towards a group of persons based on their membership or presumed membership of a group defined by reference to a category mentioned in Rule H7.4.5 or against an individual who is or is presumed to be a member of such group; (ii) using threatening, abusive or insulting words or conduct; or (iii) displaying any writing or other thing which is threatening, abusive or insulting.

MacDonald Jardine

Taken from the spl rule book, which shows that fans are not supposed to sing about any sort of blood. Its a misconception that these rules only apply to sectarian, racist or homophobic songs or chants. I suppose technically any form of bad language or swearing is not allowed, but if this was enforced there would be very few people at the games as a lot us would be banned!

H7.4.3 Disorderly conduct includes (i) conduct which stirs up or sustains or is likely or designed to stir up or sustain, hatred or ill will against or towards a group of persons based on their membership or presumed membership of a group defined by reference to a category mentioned in Rule H7.4.5 or against an individual who is or is presumed to be a member of such group; (ii) using threatening, abusive or insulting words or conduct; or (iii) displaying any writing or other thing which is threatening, abusive or insulting.

Technically you're right but the fuss about that song was about the religious element.

Archived