Seems it ain't just that lot

CavySlaveJambo

CavySlaveJambo

Just having a quick look through the localish to home news and found this

Why is it, then, that all the main football matches anywhere in the UK are attended by supporters disguised as seats?Full letter

You have to scroll down to see the full letter. But if attendances are dropping, people are either being priced out or the product is really that bad.

Guest juvehearts

There was me thinking it was something to do with Halloween

the bottom line is that we have been in a recession for 2 year's now. everything is going up & the clubs still expect us to pay more to watch less.

Hearts slashed the prices to ?13 which i think is the way forward.

up to the rest to follow suit, its supposed to be a working man's game, maybe the chairman's & fat cats should have a word.

juve

Agree. If clubs cut ticket costs, attracting new fans in, it's only breeding a whole generation of new customers. Sooner they realise that they need families...and especially kids...in the ground, wearing the strip and watching the game that could be a lifetime customer spending money year on year.

Clubs though will see any cut in ticket price as a drop in revenue...a half empty stadium at ?10 per seat is better to them than a full stadium at ?5 per seat. They just keep hoping they can get the other half full at ?10 per seat, even though it's NEVER going to happen given the product on the park is poor and you can watch it for "free" via Sky.

Agree. If clubs cut ticket costs, attracting new fans in, it's only breeding a whole generation of new customers. Sooner they realise that they need families...and especially kids...in the ground, wearing the strip and watching the game that could be a lifetime customer spending money year on year.

Clubs though will see any cut in ticket price as a drop in revenue...a half empty stadium at ?10 per seat is better to them than a full stadium at ?5 per seat. They just keep hoping they can get the other half full at ?10 per seat, even though it's NEVER going to happen given the product on the park is poor and you can watch it for "free" via Sky.

agreed,..

they also seem to forget that 16000 people will buy more pies and bovrils and cokes and twix's etc than 8000, there's also twice as many people looking at advertising hoardings therefore they can charge more for advertising space/rental.

also twice as many people to go through the club shop before game, twice as many to potentially buy programmes etc.. need i go on?!!

basically twice as many people equals more revenue, even if ticket price halved..

simples.

john brownlee

agreed,..

they also seem to forget that 16000 people will buy more pies and bovrils and cokes and twix's etc than 8000, there's also twice as many people looking at advertising hoardings therefore they can charge more for advertising space/rental.

also twice as many people to go through the club shop before game, twice as many to potentially buy programmes etc.. need i go on?!!

basically twice as many people equals more revenue, even if ticket price halved.. simples.

But in reality that will never happen, if you cut the admission price by half, maybe for the first two or three games of the season it will work, but when the novelty wares off, it's back to normal crowds. I may work on season tickets but I doubt if we would increase them by that many, certainly not an extra 8,000

Now a buy one get one free might work you are still getting the same guys coming through and getting a freebie for their mate, son, daughter wife or whatever. then your scenario of extra purchases may happen.

Archived