Darren Barr

Gordon Ramsay

Gordon Ramsay

Ok this is my first thread but I feel its needed. Darren Barr came to us this summer and I expected good things from him, nearly every week in the paper he was marked down as Falkirks best player and seemed to be a good addition to our squad. He captained Falkirk at quite a young age and every time I'd seen him before I thought he looked quite good. However, ever since hes came to us he has been nothing short of woeful.

I first seen him away to Dunfermline in the pre season friendly and I thought he was poor, but obviously you have to give him the benefit of the doubt so early in his Hearts career. We're 10 games into the season now and we really need to get a bit of consistency going, although C. Thomsons had his personal issues, he should be in the team.

Barr is slow, shuns away from tackles, often out of position, has rubbish distribution and runs like a chicken. Basically hes crap. C. Thomson looked much better today when he came on and actually manages to get down the line and get a couple of crosses in, unlike Barr. I'm not sure if Barr is feeling pressured by his own poor start to his Hearts career and this is why he is doing so bad but either way, he'l cost us points playing like this. With Wallace out til Christmas we can't afford to be exposed down both flanks every week.

Johanes de Silentio

Barr is a defender, and offers nothing coming forward, whereas most modern full-backs do.

Very surprised to see Craig Thomson today, but I thought he did well, apart from one shocking lapse late on.

I thought he was okay last week but he was horrendous again today.

He needs to get the finger out pronto.

Is he a centre half or a full back?

He looks pish at full back and he was an absolute catastrophe against Falkirk at centre half.

His positional sense was terrible today, going walkabout from his rightback spot constantly and leaving Bouzid to cover two positions.

He wasn't a RB at Falkirk and won't be one at Hearts. However wherever he's been playing he's been a major let down. Dreadful at times. Bench.

He wasn't a RB at Falkirk and won't be one at Hearts. However wherever he's been playing he's been a major let down. Dreadful at times. Bench.

The best I saw him at Falkirk was at centre back when Pressley was ordering him around (despite Barr being captain).

Too weak, total sap in the tackle. I would bring J Thomson back into replace him.

What an awful bunch of defenders we have (with the exception of Lee Wallace).

The Old Tolbooth

Is the guy deaf?

I was sitting in section E of the Wheatfield today and every time he fecked something up, he put his hands up to his ears as if to say "there wasn't a shout"

There was hundreds of fans shouting "man on" you feckin idiot!!!!

Not good enough!

Guest jambomickey

think he should be on the bench for a bit, i do think he'll come good but he's struggling with the step up in expectation imo.

Barr's a sh?ter and a shirker who always choses to pass the ball inside for a cb to hoof, rather than take a bit of responsibility and try something himself. Total waste of a squad place. This legacy of Czaba should be emptied as soon as possible.

Miller Jambo 60

Ok this is my first thread but I feel its needed. Darren Barr came to us this summer and I expected good things from him, nearly every week in the paper he was marked down as Falkirks best player and seemed to be a good addition to our squad. He captained Falkirk at quite a young age and every time I'd seen him before I thought he looked quite good. However, ever since hes came to us he has been nothing short of woeful.

I first seen him away to Dunfermline in the pre season friendly and I thought he was poor, but obviously you have to give him the benefit of the doubt so early in his Hearts career. We're 10 games into the season now and we really need to get a bit of consistency going, although C. Thomsons had his personal issues, he should be in the team.

Barr is slow, shuns away from tackles, often out of position, has rubbish distribution and runs like a chicken. Basically hes crap. C. Thomson looked much better today when he came on and actually manages to get down the line and get a couple of crosses in, unlike Barr. I'm not sure if Barr is feeling pressured by his own poor start to his Hearts career and this is why he is doing so bad but either way, he'l cost us points playing like this. With Wallace out til Christmas we can't afford to be exposed down both flanks every week.

Im 50 harder and better

Miller Jambo 60

Is the guy deaf?

I was sitting in section E of the Wheatfield today and every time he fecked something up, he put his hands up to his ears as if to say "there wasn't a shout"

There was hundreds of fans shouting "man on" you feckin idiot!!!!

Not good enough!

That was linda john :lol:

He needs time and will come good , Flogel , Pressley both needed 6 months to settle

couldnt agree more the guys confidence is shot and needs a rest

although in the many years following our club theres always been a player worthy of the boo boys maybe its just his turn after all the rest of the players today were so much better

Someone needs to explain to him how the offside rule works. Once again today we were constantly being caught out by the Killie forwards - although others, including Bouzid, were not blameless either.

Steven Pressley was rubbish at right back.

OH MY GOD, HE WAS 10 TIMES THE PLAYER BARR IS. WHETHER THAT BE RB CH LB OR ANYWHERE ON THE PARK FOR THAT MATTER

Not been an easy start for the lad. He has not made the impact I thought he would.

Still, only a few months in to his Hearts career - plenty time to turn it around.

He's a centre half ffs. Imagine Zaliukas ar RB, doesnt bear thinking about

Thing is though he was getting decent reviews for Falkirk at Right Back. Caught a few of Falkirk games on the box at the tail end of the season and he was their best player.

Nelly Terraces

Yeah, lets pick on Barr. Palazero and Jonsson, they're good. 2 of the worst players at the club, been here way too long. I'd say Jonsson today is one of the single most inept performances this season, he is murder. And Pala is just a joke of a footballer. Loved watching these 2 clowns at it today, hilarious, got the total runaround by players far better than them.

Miller Jambo 60

Thing is though he was getting decent reviews for Falkirk at Right Back. Caught a few of Falkirk games on the box at the tail end of the season and he was their best player.

wassssssssssssssssssssss says it all

future is maroon

I expected a lot more from him to be honest and felt he was a good signing especially on a free.

I don't think he has been helped by the constant changes in defence all throughout this season plus the changes to his own position between centre half/right back. I see him as centre half but then he doesnt seem dominant/physical enough and for a right back then he is the sort to hold his position rather than bomb on and swing crosses in.

He seems to be low on confidence at the moment and it doesn't help that he hasnt had time to find his feet in our home games re our poor home performances this season.

I still expected more though and others have said there have been other players through the years who have taken a while to settle - took a Pressley a good while to settle as he got shunted to right back when he first came and also how long did it take Hartley to settle?

I think he'll come good although if he is already low on confidence then would taking him out of the team/firing line make his confidence lower still or would the break do him good?

As I say he'll come good.

He's a centre half ffs. Imagine Zaliukas ar RB, doesnt bear thinking about

Having been at the Falkirk game I can confirm that Darren Barr is NOT a centre half.

Am I correct in saying that Barr is on a 3 year contract? (It was reported in the EEN)

Anyone know what sort of weekly wage he's likely to be on? (Because we could probably do a lot better for what he's being paid)

I know he wasn't a JJ signing, but he's been utter Tom Kite in what I've seen.

Bench :woot: bin him he is like a rabbit in the headlights when he hets the ball, and how easy did there winger dance by him today :sweat:

No it has to be Craig Thomson at that position.

JJ is on record saying that Barr is a right back. I do not

know how he can come to that conclusion as he looks out of sorts

in that position, if Barr is anything it's a cente half.

The lad is really struggling, he can't defend when he is in wide

positions and he can't go forward and overlap. This is a big worry

for us at the minute as i would reckon he is on very good money

and Hearts are getting no return at all.

If we are going to play him then it should be at centre back, probable

in front of Bouzid if anyone but not even in front of him at

the minute. He appears to have zero confidence just now as well.

We have a shocking defence which doesn't help darren! He has no one guiding him through games as the defence moves as individuals not as a unit! Bouzid and zali have terrible positional sense and get sucked in far too easily, this leaves barr hopelessly exposed at the back. I agree his passing sometimes is shocking, often picks the wrong pass or panics and clears! We need a good British or scottish centre half who knows the game and how to play it, who can lead the team from the back something imo we don't have!

Barr was murder today, has been pretty much every game this season. Last week I said he was the only player I wouldn't give pass marks to, this week nobody played well but if anything Barr had got worse. Definitely wouldn't play him at right back in the derby.

Not convinced that Craig Thomson's the answer either. He's good going forward but I don't think I've ever seen him win a standing tackle, he's always caught positionally and as a result has to stretch to catch up with his man.

If JT's available for next week I'd play him at full back. Doesn't offer much going forward but he's probably the most solid option in that position defensively. With Hibs' only real attacking threat being Riordan on the left it would make sense to play Jason there, take Riordan out the game and the rest should take care of itself. Can't believe I'm saying it as I slated JT last season but at the moment he's our best option.

Am I correct in saying that Barr is on a 3 year contract? (It was reported in the EEN)

Anyone know what sort of weekly wage he's likely to be on? (Because we could probably do a lot better for what he's being paid)

I know he wasn't a JJ signing, but he's been utter Tom Kite in what I've seen.

4K a week.

Arthur Morgan

I agree with those calling for JT aswell although I would play him at LB against the Hobos because Palazuelos is murder and C.Thomson at RB.

Archived