gauging the mood for next week.....

Debut 4

No doubt, the team will face a stern, hard first few days at training in the lead up to the derby. Jefferies will want a reaction in training never mind the game itself.

Does he risk a few changes or will most of the team have it in them to want to go out and redeem themselves? Will there be an evident determination this week? Im sure JJ will find out.

Personally, i`d like to see Templeton back in for Suso. Suso hasn`t really done much wrong but maybe Templeton`s slightly different style and better delivery from the width will freshen things up?

Certainly, Stephen Elliot deserves a start now and we did look more dangerous in the 2nd half today when he linked with Kyle. The other area suddenly showing concern is centre mid. Thought we looked out of sorts and Jonsson seems top be a player who needs to start well in games as he toils to lift himself if he doesn`t.

Part of me says don`t dabble with the team too much as it was settling down but its catch 22 now. Was today a blip and we`ll see a reaction or is it already time for a few changes?

Agree that Temps has to start.

I'd like to see a midfield of

Temps Rudi Black Suso.

I'd also like to see Stephen Elliott up front as he looked quite sharp today.

I'd also like to see Craig Thomson at RB but I fear that he'll get absolute pelters from the vermin and I'm not sure if he is up to that.

Hibs will be hoping we have the same full backs that started the game today, even CC will be able to work out a plan to beat beat them. Riorden will have so much fun if tehy are on the pitch.

scots civil war

id like to check out temps and s.elliot up front at some point

kyle is moider

elliot seems to like to hang on the shoulder and he wants some in the hole action with a quick thinking distributor.i reckon he will be very handy around the box if he gets the crucial service.....

**** this kyle thing off,the concept is dated and tired allready

We_are_the_Hearts

Not a time for knee jerk team selections, just a bad day at the office. Next week will be blood and thunder and nothing like the game today where the atmosphere was poor and we were playing a well drilled team.

I'm tired of long ball football and Kyle failing to pass the ball to his own team mates.

I would try to set up a team with a bit more solidity to it.

Kello

Jason Thompson-Bouzid-Zaliukas-Palazuelos

Black-Jonsson-Mrowiec

Suso-Skacel

Elliot

Would prefer to see someone replace Palazuelos but don't think there are any options. Also want to see the likes of Glen and Robinson in the mix for subs of the front players.

GK - Kello

LB - J. Thomson

CB - Bouzid

CB - Zaliukas

RB - C Thomson

DM - Black

DM - Mrowiec

LW - Templeton

RW - Suso

CAM - Skacel

CF - Elliott

4-2-3-1

I'm tired of long ball football and Kyle failing to pass the ball to his own team mates.

Kello

Black-Jonsson-Mrowiec

Suso-Skacel

Elliot

Would prefer to see someone replace Palazuelos but don't think there are any options. Also want to see the likes of Glen and Robinson in the mix for subs of the front players.

Defo a solid team, if we are allowed to put that out then great, but i really dont see us sneaking 12 players on te pitch..

Kello

Black-Jonsson-Mrowiec

Suso-Skacel

Elliot

I'd play Jason Thomson at LB. He is no world beater as we all know but he will put his foot in and give 100%. He's a jambo too (i think) so he'll give it everything at Easter Road if chosen.

Defo a solid team, if we are allowed to put that out then great, but i really dont see us sneaking 12 players on te pitch..

Have another go at counting. :lol:

We have to take the game to Hibs on the floor, their defence is there to be opened up imo, and tbh there only threat this season has been Riordan.

GK Kello

RB Barr

CB Bouzid

CB Zaliukas

LB Ruben (as poor as he is we do not have any other left footed option)

DM Mroweic

ARM Suso

ACM Skacel

ALM Templeton

CF Kyle

CF Elliott

Have another go at counting. :lol:

I just did, lmao, Your use of jason thompson's full name when you only used 1 name for everyone else scuppered me. I feel like a right tit.

We have to take the game to Hibs on the floor, their defence is there to be opened up imo, and tbh there only threat this season has been Riordan.

GK Kello

RB Barr

CB Bouzid

CB Zaliukas

DM Mroweic

ARM Suso

ACM Skacel

ALM Templeton

CF Kyle

CF Elliott

That is basically what we ended up with today and we got absolutely ripped apart. That setup is like something from the 50s.

I just did, lmao, Your use of jason thompson's full name when you only used 1 name for everyone else scuppered me. I feel like a right tit.

:)

only see 11 mate. . .

:o

He's a player I've slated in the past but I can't think of anyone better suited to the LB role for next week.

We are THAT devoid of choice.

He'll get stuck in and IIRC he has actually played reasonably well against Hibs in the past.

Kello

Barr

Bouzid

Zaliukas

J Thomson

Black

Jonsson

Suso

Templeton

Skacel (free role near to KK)

Kyle

SUBS: Macdonald, C Thomson, Mcgowan, Mrowiec, Stevenson, Elliot, Elliott.

Defence is picked because we lack alternatives. What is key is that we need a fullback at the very least at LB. Ruben has been found wanting far too often. Jason T is solid and will give his all and be better positionally. Rudi doesn't contibute defensively so using him in a free role may benefit side. In this system it would be vital that Rudi gets near KK and Suso and Temps are in the final third pressing Hibs fullbacks.

Kello

Barr

Bouzid

Zaliukas

J Thomson

Black

Jonsson

Suso

Templeton

Skacel (free role near to KK)

Kyle

SUBS: Macdonald, C Thomson, Mcgowan, Mrowiec, Stevenson, Elliot, Elliott.

Defence is picked because we lack alternatives. What is key is that we need a fullback at the very least at LB. Ruben has been found wanting far too often. Jason T is solid and will give his all and be better positionally. Rudi doesn't contibute defensively so using him in a free role may benefit side. In this system it would be vital that Rudi gets near KK and Suso and Temps are in the final third pressing Hibs fullbacks.

Meant to say, 'This'! Welcome to the 'madhouse' mate ! :thumbsup:

Kello

Thomson Bouzid Zaliukas Palazuelos

Templeton Black Stevenson Skacel

Kyle Elliott

Bench: MacDonald, Barr, Mrowiec, Jonsson, Suso, Elliot, Glen.

Johanes de Silentio

Kello

Thomson Bouzid Zaliukas Palazuelos

Templeton Black Stevenson Skacel

Kyle Elliott

Bench: MacDonald, Barr, Mrowiec, Jonsson, Templeton, Elliot, Glen.

Is Suso suspended?

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Posted this on the other thread but will post it here:

I think we need to tighten it up in midfield next week. Bring Temps back in and play to our strengths of getting the ball wide and getting it into the box for Kyle. Skacel cut inside constantly today and last week and I think we would benefit by playing him off a lone striker. I'd also bring Black back in as he will get stuck in and get the ball into the wide areas. Is Jason Thomson fit? If he is I'd play him left back. If he's not then I'd keep Palazuelos there. Craig Thomson also gives us extra delivery from the right and I would bring him into the side also.

Kello

C Thomson Bouzid Zaliukas J Thomson

Suso Black Mrowiec Templeton

Skacel

Kyle

Subs: MacDonald, Barr, Jonsson, Stevenson, Palazuelos, Elliott, Elliot.

I think this shape allows our wide men to get forward and support as they know they have two tough tacklers in the centre of the park who will win the ball and get it out into the wide areas. If it's not working though, I'd bring on Stephen Elliott for Kyle and get him to run at the Hibs centre backs and try to get Skacel on the ball as much as possible.

Johanes de Silentio

Bit worried about the prospect of Craig Thomson playing next week, tbh.

In terms of how he played today, he deserves to start.

However, given the off-the-field situation, I expect that the hobos fans will absolutely ******* destroy him.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Please never play Rudi in a midfield two again.

Midfield three yes. Midfield two, no.

Kello - C Thomson, Bouzid, Zaliukas, Palazuelos (under suffrance) - Mrowiec, Black - Suso, Skacel, Templeton - Elliott

Subs: MacDonald, Barr, J Thomson, Jonsson, Kyle, Elliot, McGowan

Arthur Morgan

GK - Kello

RB - C.Thomson

CB - Bouzid

CB - Zaliukas

LB - J.Thomson

DM - Mrowiec

DM - Black

RW - Suso

CAM - Skacel

LW - Templeton

ST - S.Eliott

Subs - MacDonald, Barr, Jonsson, Palazuelos, Stevenson, Kyle, C.Elliot.

The Treasurer

The same players have done well in the previous few games so no need for wholesale changes, perhaps one or two just to freshen things up.

The players themselves will know that yesterday was unacceptable and will also know that the best way to redeem themselves is to get the right result in the derby.

Would definately play both Thomson's at full backs. Part of the reason for the poverty of decent football - creative midfielder aside - is that neither Barr or Ruben support the wide players. I appreciate JT isn't left footed but he has good energy and gets forward. Black and Stephen Elliott also must start and I'd have Temps in for Suso.

No doubt, the team will face a stern, hard first few days at training in the lead up to the derby. Jefferies will want a reaction in training never mind the game itself.

Does he risk a few changes or will most of the team have it in them to want to go out and redeem themselves? Will there be an evident determination this week? Im sure JJ will find out.

Personally, i`d like to see Templeton back in for Suso. Suso hasn`t really done much wrong but maybe Templeton`s slightly different style and better delivery from the width will freshen things up?

Certainly, Stephen Elliot deserves a start now and we did look more dangerous in the 2nd half today when he linked with Kyle. The other area suddenly showing concern is centre mid. Thought we looked out of sorts and Jonsson seems top be a player who needs to start well in games as he toils to lift himself if he doesn`t.

Part of me says don`t dabble with the team too much as it was settling down but its catch 22 now. Was today a blip and we`ll see a reaction or is it already time for a few changes?

Jefferies will certainly earn his money this week.

In all honesty only Kello and Stephen Elliott could feel a wee bit hard done by if they were left out on the basis of yesterday's performance. The rest would only have themselves to blame.

Snake Plissken

Team slection is a tough one.

There is no way Barr or Ruben can or should retain their places and one of Jonsson or Mrowiec has to go.

GK - Kello

RB - C Thomson

CB - Bouzid

CB - Zaliukas

LB - Skacel

RM - Suso

CM - Mrowiec

CM - Stevenson

LM - Templeton

ST - Kyle

ST - Elliott

Playing Rudi at left back as we know he'll be able to support attacks down the left side and link up with Temps or Suso. I'm drafting in Stevenson as we keep using midfielders that are too similar to each other and can't pass.

How badly are we missing Lee Wallace?

Its a good point about the full backs. First and foremost they are there to defend but ruben in particular doesn't have the natural intuition to know when to overlap and get beyond the wideman. Many times he had the chance yesterday to run in behind but just never saw it.

Jonsson needs benched to get his form back. He's been pretty poor recently.

GK - Kello

RB - Barr

CB - Zaliukas

CB - Bouzid

LB - J Thomson (Palazuelos was pish at the weekend and I think Jason's as good as anyone available defensively that can play that position)

RM - Templeton

CM - Mrowiec

CM - Black

LM - Skacel

ST - Kyle

ST - Elliott

I like Suso, but think he's more useful as an impact sub than Temps is.

Wee bit concerned that with them niggling Black and Suso all the time to get a reaction, we won't have 11 on the pitch at the end....

Johanes de Silentio

I'd drop Eggert before I'd drop Mrowiec - I like Eggert, but he just ain't playing that well at the moment.

Disser Pointon

I'd drop Eggert before I'd drop Mrowiec - I like Eggert, but he just ain't playing that well at the moment.

Agreed.

Creepy Lurker

Temps for Suso's the last change that I'd make; for my money, Suso's been our best player this season. I would bring Templeton in, but at the moment it'd be for Jonsson with Skacel moving to the centre.

I'd go for something along the lines of:

Kello

Palazuelos :sad:

Zaliukas

Bouzid

C. Thomson

Templeton

Skacel

Mrowiec

Suso

Kyle

S. Elliott

Temps for Suso's the last change that I'd make; for my money, Suso's been our best player this season. I would bring Templeton in, but at the moment it'd be for Jonsson with Skacel moving to the centre.

I'd go for something along the lines of:

Kello

Palazuelos :sad:

Zaliukas

Bouzid

C. Thomson

Templeton

Skacel

Mrowiec

Suso

Kyle

S. Elliott

That is basically the team which got horsed in the second half on Saturday. With such weak defenders, we can't afford to play with 5 forwards.

Creepy Lurker

That is basically the team which got horsed in the second half on Saturday. With such weak defenders, we can't afford to play with 5 forwards.

Fair point, but how would you change it for the better? As far as I can see it, there isn't that much scope to improve the defence, so all that we do if we take away forwards is make us worse up front without improving at the back.

Fair point, but how would you change it for the better? As far as I can see it, there isn't that much scope to improve the defence, so all that we do if we take away forwards is make us worse up front without improving at the back.

With such weak defenders and limited midfielders playing 4 out and out forward players is too gung ho. I would shift to 3 in midfield, 2 wide midfielders in Suso and Skacel. Basically Ian Black (or Stevenson) to replace Kyle from Saturday's starting lineup.

May surprise a few but here goes

Kello

C Thomson

Zal

Bouzid

Ruben

Black

Jonsson

Suso

Skacel

Temps

Kyle

Reasons

1) Thomson for Barr - pretty obvious I hope (if only we still had a reserve team to allow these players to redeem themselves)

2) Black in for Mroweic - I'm certain Black will play for the simple reason that JJ will want as many Jambos on the park for this one as he can

3) Temps deserves a start, given his performance at ER last time, but JJ will be reluctant to drop Suso or Skacel. Can see him playing the 3 attacking midfielders off Kyle (Suso wide right, Temps wide left with Rudi just behing Kyle) and leaving the Elliots on the bench (although I expect them both to get a run out at some point).

But argubly played better? work that out! Bottom line is, it was a horrendous result but part of me says it wasn`t down to Killie having mountains of pressure on Hearts...

The 2nd goal was horrific. Our awareness is terrible at times in defence and are often caught ball watching. Also, two weeks running now we`ve switched off at corners and the opp have played a short one. It really really gets to me that. I would say amateur stuff but even good amateurs know the basics at a corner....it should be the first thing the full back on that side should look for.

We undone ourselves and in defeat its so easy to get ripped into the team but not look at it as a whole. For me, if i was a Killie fan, i would be thinking we were a tad fortunate to hold onto the 1-0 lead for most of the 2nd half but what they done was take their two opportunities very well when they arose.

They take the plaudits and rightly so. They were underdogs and came pumped up to do a job. It was their day but we`ll see what happens come May.

GK Kello

RB Barr

CB Bouzid

CB Zaliukas

DM Mroweic

ARM Suso

ACM Skacel

ALM Templeton

CF Kyle

CF Elliott

This is the team I would like to see. I think.I could also live with:

GK Kello

RB Barr

CB Bouzid

CB Zaliukas

LB Ruben

DM Mroweic

DM Eggert

ARM Suso

ACM Skacel

ALM Templeton

CF Kyle

I know 4-5-1 has been mega-dull for us in the past but we have some better attacking players now. Stick Stevo and Black on if the DMs are not doing the business.

Creepy Lurker

With such weak defenders and limited midfielders playing 4 out and out forward players is too gung ho. I would shift to 3 in midfield, 2 wide midfielders in Suso and Skacel. Basically Ian Black (or Stevenson) to replace Kyle from Saturday's starting lineup.

Fair enough. That could work and I certainly wouldn't have a problem with seeing Kyle dropped after Saturday's performance (and a few others that he's given). My only worry would be that we'd continue humping it up to Elliot (or Elliott) regardless.

Archived