Where to start? (merged threads)

The Merse

Ruben, jesus what a horrific footballer this lad is. He has literally no idea how to play the full back role, and I know it's not his favoured position so that is a bit understandable but his all round play is just vomit inducing. So bad.

Ruben was not helped one iota by Skacel who basically tried to play as an auxiliary striker and offered no ball for Ruben to play.

Barr - what can you say about this guy? Holy **** is he shit.

Mrowiec - tried but was almost being asked to play like a playmaker and he obviously isn't good enough to do that.

Eggert - anonymous, on rare occassion he did get involved he gave it away.

Suso - looked lively but seriously needs to stop being such a petulant little shit.

Kyle - not convinved by him yet, poor on the deck and having him up there is making us take the easy option by punting it at him non stop.

The gap between the midfielders and strikers at times was ridiculous which meant there was no chance we would ever win the second balls from any flick ons Kyle won.

Just so, so much wrong out there today.

Better just be a bad day at the office.

Cammy Bell - prick.

There was absolutely no urgency in our play today, it was like that in the second half v St Mirren.

The players didn't look up for it, JJ has to take responsibility for that.

The players coudln't do the basics, the players need to take responsibility for that.

Kevin Kyle was shocking today, Barr woeful, Johnsson very poor, Elliot dire, Mroewic very poor etc etc

Dreadful performance and the players should be ashamed, we desperately need a dynamic central midfielder!!

Would agree with all of the above

You missed JJ for stupid sub decisions and timing of the subs

Can't agree with that, Barr was having a mare and Elliot wasn't doing much better, I thought the subs were the right decision, it was just a truely awful performance!

frank skinner

bouzid got his usual booking

kello was iffy at the 2nd&3rd

barr was made the scapegoat

suso was a poormans taouil

elliott & elliot mince

bryson ran the midfield

I don't think Kevin Kyle even won a header today until the last minute when he was unchallenged and hit it straight at the keeper.I don't know why we keep doing it because it has never worked so far.

Can't agree with that, Barr was having a mare and Elliot wasn't doing much better, I thought the subs were the right decision, it was just a truely awful performance!

An utterly shite performance from everybody in that team.

Worst player on pitch - Kevin Kyle... closely followed by Barr and Mroweic

Worst decision - JJ bringing Temps on for Mroweic leaving Eggert to mark the entire Killie midfield which had acres of space... we lost the game in midfield.

Would agree with all of the above

You missed JJ for stupid sub decisions and timing of the subs

JJ also needs to take responsibility for:

A) Telling Skacel to play the sort of role he did today

or

B ) Not being able to get the message across to Skacel to stick to the touchline a bit more.

Hopeless.

To be fair to Kyle, I dont think he got a single freekick.

That's because it was him constantly fouling the Killie player.His arms were all over the defenders today.

portobellojambo1

We were totally outplayed today by a team who performed in the manner any team who wants to beat us needs to perform. Teams who have some skill in the middle of the park, and who can pass the ball to each other will walk their way past us (as the likes of Motherwell and Falkirk have done this season).

Think our main problem is we don't have players who have off days as such, i.e. perform no more than ordinary, ours simply turn into players who look as if they've never played the game.

Bryson and Taouil strolled through that game, controlled everything and made it look simple (which football is really, it isn't a complicated game to play)

Although it is difficult to disagree with the summing up of performances given on this thread the one I would disagree with is Stephen Elliott. I thought he offered us something when he came on, and definitely made a difference up front.

agree with everything said. couldnt pass the ball 5 yards today and didnt look up for it at all

Calum Elliot was the better of the forwards and the change should have been Kyle.

As for the rest of the thread, not one single Hearts player had a good game today. To complete the OP....

• Skacel - Nothing came off for him all game
  • Zaliukas - lost the ball too often and obviously couldn't be bothered marking anybody in the set pieces
  • Kello - Should have got their second and was poorly placed for their third. Admittedly it was a good dig by Eremenko and he had a great save in the first half.
  • Elliot - Actually moved quite well and had a couple of flick on's that were let down by poor movement from his colleagues. Still far short from the player that started this season so well.
  • Elliott - Very early stages, too early to judge him but I didn't see anything there today that suggested he would make a huge difference to the team.

Have they all become dreadful players overnight? Our passing was poor and we never managed to get the ball to Hearts men today. A bad day at the office, no question but let's see how they react next Sunday. As disappointed as I am, I am not going to go overboard unless this continues.

We were totally outplayed today by a team who performed in the manner any team who wants to beat us needs to perform. Teams who have some skill in the middle of the park, and who can pass the ball to each other will walk their way past us (as the likes of Motherwell and Falkirk have done this season).

Think our main problem is we don't have players who have off days as such, i.e. perform no more than ordinary, ours simply turn into players who look as if they've never played the game.

Bryson and Taouil strolled through that game, controlled everything and made it look simple (which football is really, it isn't a complicated game to play)

Although it is difficult to disagree with the summing up of performances given on this thread the one I would disagree with is Stephen Elliott. I thought he offered us something when he came on, and definitely made a difference up front.

Whilst I have seen better from Bryson, I agree. too easy a day for them today.

Nothing more to say other than the game was utter shite.

Not one player got pass marks for me, although I think it's harsh on Barr. Didn't think he was as bad as some others out there.

Elliott and Thomson were alright and were the closest to get pass marks, but with the other players out there as poor as they were they hadn't a hope.

Totally different Rudi on show today and should have been hooked before Barr IMO.

Stephen Elliott would be the only guy who is a certain starter for me next week. I agree he did ok. Very unlucky with his turn and shoot early in the 2nd half and looked pretty lively. The rest only have themselves to blame if the axe is wielded.

Nothing more to say other than the game was utter shite.

Not one player got pass marks for me, although I think it's harsh on Barr. Didn't think he was as bad as some others out there.

Elliott and Thomson were alright and were the closest to get pass marks, but with the other players out there as poor as they were they hadn't a hope.

Totally different Rudi on show today and should have been hooked before Barr IMO.

If he doesn't see a pass within 1 second of receiving the ball he'll aimlessly horse the ball up for Kyle. More composure required.

That was a terrible day at the office.

Stephen Elliott would be the only guy who is a certain starter for me next week. I agree he did ok. Very unlucky with his turn and shoot early in the 2nd half and looked pretty lively. The rest only have themselves to blame if the axe is wielded.

I wouldn't be too upset to see Elliot & Elliott up front next week.

Sick of the way we punt it at Kyle.

If he doesn't see a pass within 1 second of receiving the ball he'll aimlessly horse the ball up for Kyle. More composure required.

That was a terrible day at the office.

Same could have been said about the entire team tbh.

What was unforgiveable about today is that the players didn't look interested.

It seemed like we thought we could just turn up, piss about a bit and stroll to victory.

And the reason why the ball was getting launched is that we have nobody like Bryson in the middle of the park who can collect the ball deep, carry it and make passes.

The centre of our midfield is atrocious with a capital shite.

It seemed like we thought we could just turn up, piss about a bit and stroll to victory.

And the reason why the ball was getting launched is that we have nobody like Bryson in the middle of the park who can collect the ball deep, carry it and make passes.

Black is sorely missed in the middle of the park.

I think we'll see a much improved performance next week though. I'm willing to put today down as a bad day at the office.

Maybe the players do read kickback after all.

I hope we do. Can't understand how Kyle could be so disinterested against a club he would surely want to do well against.

Only started winning headers once we were 3-0 down.

It's a shame you only get 3 subs on a day like today. Black should start alongside Adrian next week.

Black is sorely missed in the middle of the park.

I think we'll see a much improved performance next week though. I'm willing to put today down as a bad day at the office.

"Severe memory loss on aisle 5, I repeat, severe memory loss on aisle 5"

One week this place is moaning that Blacks shite, he's dropped and Rudi is god ... week 2 and we miss Black and Rudi's a passenger.

We were outplayed today all over the park END OF.

KICK UP THE BACKSIDE BEFORE NEXT WEEKEND.

An utterly shite performance from everybody in that team.

Worst player on pitch - Kevin Kyle

My sentiments. When Kyle played against us he always seemed no more than an awkward big lump, now we have him I don't see what benefits he brings to us other than being able to chest the ball down and sometimes lay it off. He wins a very low percentage of balls in the air and nothing much comes out of the high ball to him. He's poor on the ground and slows play up. He gives away far too many petty fouls and argues with the ref and now he's starting to blame those around him. Were much better playing it on the ground and I'd be happy with any 2 from 3 of Elliot, Elliott and Glen.

"Severe memory loss on aisle 5, I repeat, severe memory loss on aisle 5"

One week this place is moaning that Blacks shite, he's dropped and Rudi is god ... week 2 and we miss Black and Rudi's a passenger.

We were outplayed today all over the park END OF.

KICK UP THE BACKSIDE BEFORE NEXT WEEKEND.

I think Black played really well against Rangers. Think he'd have been better than Jonsson today.

I think Black played really well against Rangers. Think he'd have been better than Jonsson today.

He did but that was one game out of how many?

Can hardly say we sorely miss someone who has stuck in a handful of decent performaces during his season and a bit here.

Tynecastle Valhalla

I don't think Kevin Kyle even won a header today until the last minute when he was unchallenged and hit it straight at the keeper.I don't know why we keep doing it because it has never worked so far.

he did win quite a few headers

Guest juvehearts

4-4-2 vs 5-4-1

Killie swamped the midfield knowing that we dont have a holding midfielder & someone that can challenge for 50-50's.

JJ got out classed tactically.

fwiw mrowanic over black & ruben at LB from the team line up I knew we were gonae get beat

just glad i didnt go now.

jue

I was saying the same thing as we left the ground. :thumbsup:

Long balls to Kyle just doesn't work. Makes us look terrible, which we were.

I was saying the same thing as we left the ground. :thumbsup:

Long balls to Kyle just doesn't work. Makes us look terrible, which we were.

The thing is though, with 2 water carriers in the middle of the park we will creating nothing.

At least Kyle is an outball.

4-4-2 vs 5-4-1

Killie swamped the midfield knowing that we dont have a holding midfielder & someone that can challenge for 50-50's.

JJ got out classed tactically.

fwiw mrowanic over black & ruben at LB from the team line up I knew we were gonae get beat

just glad i didnt go now.

jue

I disagree. I think in the first half we struggled but in the second the scored on what was their first chance well into teh game. We dominated the second half. I agree Rubem on the pitch is like us with 10 and them with 12.

The thing is though, with 2 water carriers in the middle of the park we will creating nothing.

At least Kyle is an outball.

That's a fair point.

But we resort to long balls far to early.

******* murder today.Can't think of any positives possibly Elliott who I thought came on and showed a bit of hunger.Should start next week imo.

Kello suspect at the 2nd and 3rd goals and kicking usual pish.

Not sure why Barr went off as he wasn't the worst by a long shot.

Palazuleous just go away.

Bouzid and Zal bombscares.

Suso back to his usual pish and lucky not to have been sent off (Wee dive in there from him as well?)

Jonsson and Mcrowiec both pish although Eggert slightly worse.

Skacel Poor.

Elliot Tried but was poor.

Kyle didn't win much in the air all day.

Very little to get excited about today and the manager must take a large bit of the blame.Easily out thought and seems he can't change a game either.Get it sorted Jefferies.

Team for next week imo

Kello

Barr Bouzid Zal Jonsson

Temps Mrowiec Black Skacel

Kyle Elliott

I know Jonsson ain't a full back but is better in there than Ruben.Can't believe I'm saying it but I think we need Black next week!

The reason with going with Kyle is that the Hibs defence is so ropey I think he can bully them and get a lot of knock on's for Elliott.

I also think today showed that Bryson would be a cracking signing for us.

Desperately in need of a player in the middle of the park who can pick a pass and run at defences but for me a big problem is that we don't have decent full backs who can both defend and get forward in support of the wide players.

Difficult to believe there is no young players worth a punt at left back whilst Wallace is out, also not convinced we have a decent right back either in CT,JT or Darren Barr.

Kello - meh

Barr - :vrface:

Zaliukas and Bouzid - ok

Palazuelost - :vrface:

Skacel - :vrface:

Mworiec and Jonsson - :vrface:

Suso - only starter who tried his arse.

Kyle - Utter donkey. :vrface:

Elliot - :vrface:

Templeton - ok

Elliott - Better than One Tee.

Beast - ok

Kello - meh

Barr - :vrface:

Zaliukas and Bouzid - ok

Palazuelost - :vrface:

Skacel - :vrface:

Mworiec and Jonsson - :vrface:

Suso - only starter who tried his arse.

Kyle - Utter donkey. :vrface:

Elliot - :vrface:

Templeton - ok

Elliott - Better than One Tee.

Beast - ok

:lol::lol::lol:

ffs we had a bad day, that's football.

How many bad days to we allow ourselves though Mickey. Too many bad days turns into a bad season if you're not careful.Thats quite a few this season already, balanced by a few good days I'll grant you but 3rd place in this league will go to whichever of the poor to average teams in contention for it keeps the bad days to a minimum. On the other hand, if you get on a bit of a run of bad days then you could be looking down the same barrel that Hibs are looking down before long.

I dont believe a comprehensive and easy 3-0 home defeat against the bottom side can simply be dismissed as a bad day. Not when you look at our home record this season and count the other bad days.

We were awful today. We've shown signs of having that potential for awfulness already at home this season and more than once. Our midfield is woefully inadequate and any team manager watching that today with even a passing aquaintance of tactical knowledge will see how easy we are beaten. Calderwood will have seen that today and already know with certainty what he has to do.

If you're going to set up the way we do, we better make damn sure we're tying up the opposition so that they dont settle in midfield. We didnt do that today and every day I've seen us not do it, we've been beaten because our central midfield cant cope on a level playing field with just about ANY other central midfield in this league.

Very poor all round.

Even the most basic of footballing skills like ball control and simple passing were dreadful today.

I'd only give Kello pass marks and even he was left looking stupid for the 3rd goal.

Every one of those players and our management should be ashamed.

Killie played 5 in the middle and absolutely passed the ball around our 2 man central midfield.

Why did we not have Elliot support the midfield more?

Why did we not have 1 of Suso/ Skacel sit tighter in midfield and take it in turns to be an out and out winger?

Why did we keep playing strong hard passes to Barr when he was clearly not confident?

Why did it take us until the second ******* half to start pressing tight at goal kicks?

Why did we allow Barr (and Palazuelos) to be double teamed? - We have 2 defensive central midfielder FFS!

Kyle was getting absolutely nothing - Why did we continue putting balls to his head/ chest?

Our best chances came from crosses out wide, we have two ******* wingers - why didn't we try to utilise the wings?

How many bad days to we allow ourselves though Mickey. Too many bad days turns into a bad season if you're not careful.Thats quite a few this season already, balanced by a few good days I'll grant you but 3rd place in this league will go to whichever of the poor to average teams in contention for it keeps the bad days to a minimum. On the other hand, if you get on a bit of a run of bad days then you could be looking down the same barrel that Hibs are looking down before long.

I dont believe a comprehensive and easy 3-0 home defeat against the bottom side can simply be dismissed as a bad day. Not when you look at our home record this season and count the other bad days.

We were awful today. We've shown signs of having that potential for awfulness already at home this season and more than once. Our midfield is woefully inadequate and any team manager watching that today with even a passing aquaintance of tactical knowledge will see how easy we are beaten. Calderwood will have seen that today and already know with certainty what he has to do.

If you're going to set up the way we do, we better make damn sure we're tying up the opposition so that they dont settle in midfield. We didnt do that today and every day I've seen us not do it, we've been beaten because our central midfield cant cope on a level playing field with just about ANY other central midfield in this league.

Good post 'OAG.'

Killie played 5 in the middle and absolutely passed the ball around our 2 man central midfield.

Why did we not have Elliot support the midfield more?

Why did we not have 1 of Suso/ Skacel sit tighter in midfield and take it in turns to be an out and out winger?

Why did we keep playing strong hard passes to Barr when he was clearly not confident?

Why did it take us until the second ******* half to start pressing tight at goal kicks?

Why did we allow Barr (and Palazuelos) to be double teamed? - We have 2 defensive central midfielder FFS!

Kyle was getting absolutely nothing - Why did we continue putting balls to his head/ chest?

Our best chances came from crosses out wide, we have two ******* wingers - why didn't we try to utilise the wings?

As stated in my OP Skacel was told to play as if he was an auxiliary striker, either that or he just ignored JJ's instructions to hug the touchline.

Even Suso was coming inside far too much and not attacking the byline.

L

Hopefully we go back in for Bryson in January.

Mroweic sitting deep and Bryson in a creative role with Templeton/Driver/Skacel/Suso for the wings would give us a great midfield.

Unfortunately we were lacking any substance in the middle of the pitch today and it cost us dear.

Archived