csaba laszlo close to sack

Dinger

Csaba Laszlo could be facing the axe at Belgian club Charleroi after just a MONTH!!

The former hearts boss has taken just one point from three league games. And things got worse on Tuesday with a home 2-1 Belgian cup KO to second division Beveren.

Now Laszlo could go if Charleroi don't beat Kortrijk tomorrow and get off second-bottom spot. After a last minute cup defeat the Hungarian said "I am ashamed. We fell to the same failings as every other game. There is no desire, not the slightest sense of fight. It seems that some of my players are shopping rather than defending their colours proudly. I am going to have to pick reserve players because I can trust them better."

Laszlo is Charleroi chairman Abbas Bayat's fifth boss since John Collins quit in the summer of 2009. He even axed his sporting director nephew Mogi Bayat a fortnight ago. A long standing fans boycott has seen crowds slump to under 5,000 - half the number under Collins - and it could be a record low gate for the league tomorrow.

Tommy Craig, no2 to Collins at Hibs, also had a spell at Charleroi last season and kept them up but was not kept on. Jacky Mathijsen replaced Craig and lasted three months before Laszlo stepped into the hotseat.

Beaten 2-1, not seen any reports but at a guess they went 1 up then camped in their own half to be hit with 2 late goals.

Charlie-Brown

Beaten 2-1, not seen any reports but at a guess they went 1 up then camped in their own half to be hit with 2 late goals.

Scored in 7 minutes, lost an equaliser in 71 minutes, had a man red-carded with ten minutes left and lost to an 88th minute winner.

Remnants of Standards

Ok, apart from some defensive football, and an inability to produce a plan b(!) I have nothing

against the guy. He took us to 3rd, bagged the manager of the year award, then fell foul of the great leader like so many before.

Too many on here willing to stick the boot in.

Good luck csaba.

Gareth_Hearts

Ok, apart from some defensive football, and an inability to produce a plan b(!) I have nothing

against the guy. He took us to 3rd, bagged the manager of the year award, then fell foul of the great leader like so many before.

Good luck csaba.

This!! He did well for one season of depressing football

I have nothing against Csaba so good luck to him. Tom Ritchie must be on a bit of a shooglie as well.

Do you think he'll go for Crazy Legs in the January sales?

Drylaw Hearts

I have nothing against Csaba so good luck to him. Tom Ritchie must be on a bit of a shooglie as well.

Do you think he'll go for Crazy Legs in the January sales?

I bloody hope so.

0,,10289~3720118,00.jpg

Good luck csaba.

Agreed. He was not the worst man at Tynecastle. His chairman now appears worse than Vlad where managers are concerned.

Charlie-Brown

Results thus far are eerily familiar

25/09/2010 20H00 Champt. RCSC - K LIERSE SK 0 - 1

02/10/2010 20H00 Champt. SV.Zulte Waregem - RCSC 1 - 1

16/10/2010 20H00 Champt. RCSC - Sporting Lokeren Oost-Vlaanderen 1 - 2

23/10/2010 20H00 Champt. K Saint-Trond VV - RCSC 3 - 2

26/10/2010 Coupe RCSC - KV RS Waasland SK Beveren 1 - 2

portobellojambo1

Csaba Laszlo's results aren't important. He's a nice man and as long as the fans are enjoying the ultra defensive football on show (I think he thought attack was some form of small nail) he should keep his job. This game isn't results driven, it's all about being nice to people, and wearing brown shoes regardless of the colour of your suit.

Great guy, shit useless manager.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Csaba Laszlo's results aren't important. He's a nice man and as long as the fans are enjoying the ultra defensive football on show (I think he thought attack was some form of small nail) he should keep his job. This game isn't results driven, it's all about being nice to people, and wearing brown shoes regardless of the colour of your suit.

Great guy, shit useless manager.

Apart from when we finished third and he got two out of the three Manager of the Year awards.

Can't understand all the expressions of bad feeling towards Csaba, he didn't do anything bad to us, tried his best, was as successful in his first season as any of us could have hoped, and it's not like he shafted us for a move to the OF or anything like that. What's everyone's problem?

Drylaw Hearts

Apart from when we finished third and he got two out of the three Manager of the Year awards.

Can't understand all the expressions of bad feeling towards Csaba, he didn't do anything bad to us, tried his best, was as successful in his first season as any of us could have hoped, and it's not like he shafted us for a move to the OF or anything like that. What's everyone's problem?

He slavered utter pish and his brand of football was awful.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

He slavered utter pish and his brand of football was awful.

So for those reasons we should all find it hilarious that he's struggling at his new team and may be in danger of getting emptied after only four games?

Seems rather harsh.

(Also, I enjoyed his "slaverings", I had his post-match interview after a 2-2 draw at Ibrox as my sig for quite some time!)

His chairman now appears worse than Vlad where managers are concerned.

Very similar in nature: an autocrat who uses nepotism to run his plaything.

When legends of our club such as Levein, Pressley and G.Mackay are routinely slaughtered on here by some feckwits its really not that surprising that a guy with no previous connection falls foul to them too ! Laszlo did a more than decent job in ridiculous circumstances and still has a great affinity for our club. Hopefully it works out for him in his current role but if not he'll be just fine after Romanovs payoff :thumbsup:

I agree with you, but it became clear in his 2nd season he was not giving 100%. I think he believed his own hype too much and thought that he had taken hearts as high as he can as vlad was not going on a spending spree to chase 2nd ! This lead to the bad feeling within the camp and with the comments coming out of csaba mouth, he was looking to get sacked.

Still anyone who thinks a idiot could get us third and into Europe for the first time in 3 years needs a word with themselves !

Good luck csaba.

Indeed. And sacking someone after 4 games is beyond stupid anyway.

When legends of our club such as Levein, Pressley and G.Mackay are routinely slaughtered on here by some feckwits its really not that surprising that a guy with no previous connection falls foul to them too ! Laszlo did a more than decent job in ridiculous circumstances and still has a great affinity for our club. Hopefully it works out for him in his current role but if not he'll be just fine after Romanovs payoff :thumbsup:

:vrface:

Please don't, Magic. Just don't.

I liked Lolszlo, he was indeed a good guy, but he was also a slavering arsehole, visibly chucked it when things weren't going his way and it was quite right that he was sacked - if not after that Aberdeen game then sooner. Sitting in the dug out, arms folded, pretty much refusing to coach his side? Pfft, bolt. Did great the first season though, and don't wish any ill feeling on him.

Oh, and Nuno Gomes... :rofl:

Good luck csaba.

I tend to agree with this. Never a great manager and never will be, but at least under him we looked as if we were back in the business of trying to win football matches again as opposed to whatever it was we were doing in the comedy seasons that preceded him. He appears to have joined a club which is going through a basket-case phase and he'll be lucky to survive until Christmas.

I just wish he would shut up.

:lol:

I think The Fast Show are on the blower for you, BH.

:lol:

I think The Fast Show are on the blower for you, BH.

Not sure if it was obvious, but it was intended to be a funny. :thumbsup:

Not as funny as Magic "he bought me a pint T's post but funny all the same.

Not sure if it was obvious, but it was intended to be a funny. :thumbsup:

Not as funny as Magic "he bought me a pint T's post but funny all the same.

I got it, lad. Think you must have wheeled that catchphrase out on every LOLszlo thread last season. :lol:

I just hope that MagicitscsabasroundTs was intentionally funny as well.

Ehlvissss a club legend... :rofl:

Csaba's first year with Hearts was good for us, brought so much stability.

On hindsight he should of left then for a championship club when his stock was high and we could of brought in JJ BB and GL.

Im happy with how things have turned out though. thumbsup.gif

I got it, lad. Think you must have wheeled that catchphrase out on every LOLszlo thread last season. :lol:

I just hope that MagicitscsabasroundTs was intentionally funny as well.

Ehlvissss a club legend... :rofl:

True, I wish I was being funny then though. :(

It was funny when a feline Hibs fan hater jumped on that bus though. :thumbsup:

hope he gets a chance to turn it around, i like csaba.

Well said Mickey.

Csaba did a good job for us - was never stunning good football, but it was largely effective and brought much needed stability to Hearts.

Good first season.

Second season made a right twonk of himself.

I wish him neither good not bad in his footballing journey.

Csaba didn't do much wrong for Hearts so I think the animosity is a bit unjust.

That said I don't think he is a good manager and was glad when he left but he got us 3rd in the first season and we were 5th in the second season when he left so his second season can hardly be called disastrous.

He showed alot of passion for Hearts from the dugout which was something we hadn't seen for quite a while. He was a good stop gap and put us on the right track again, good luck to the guy.

Season #1 - Csaba had a great season and had us excelling with 3rd place finish despite the turmoil of the club up to that point. His sparkle-eyed interviews were funny and reminded me of Ivan Golac's tenure at Dundee Utd.

Season #2 - Csaba has a personal disaster in Zagreb with the tie over before it got to Tynecastle. The home leg highlighted there was no need to lose 4-0 with some kind of pride restored with the 2-0 reverse. From this point onwards, Csaba extracted the proverbial with:

His anti-football formations and strategies which resulted in a season of drudgery, despite us still having the best-paid squad outwith the OF.

His after-match press analysis and rationale that was no longer funny - his interpretations stopped having anything to do with what we had been watching which is always a recipe for destroying fan faith (e.g. Bingo)

His constant public displays of chucking the rattle out the pram and testing VR when his focus and priorities would have been better served getting on with the job-in-hand.

For every occasion he dealt with a player well (e.g. calling Kingston's commitment into question) he would fail with another (e.g. Nade)

In short, he became a liability and the touting of himself for other jobs was just embarrasing.

Don't wish him success or failure - I couldn't care less what he's doing - JJ is who I'm interested in.

******* hate the constant bad-mouthing of a man that totally loved Hearts for the spell he was here and gave his all. :verymad:

Good luck to Csaba.

Good luck csaba.

I agree mate. The guy did well in his first season and if he was allowed to sign the strikers he wanted then who knows what might have been. He stabilised the club after a tough period and I think he could achieve a lot in football at the right club.

Was he not told that Kyle wasn't a good enough striker by vlad? What changed then? Hope he can do well for himself.

Nelly Terraces

Give it a rest, bedwetters, and take the rose tinted gregory's off as well. He was an awful manager. My sympathies are with the Chareloi fans, not the manager.

Csaba burned his bridges with me when he started acting like a fecking 2 year old and disrespecting the club.

Csaba burned his bridges with me when he started acting like a fecking 2 year old and disrespecting the club.

drama.jpg

Come on Chat, when?

If it's the job touting stuff, he was being asked questions. He took us to Europe and repaired a team that was devoid of any sort of organisation/structure under Stehehvhen Fail.

Good manager first season, shite manager 2nd season when he spat the dummy out and didn't try a leg when his signing picks weren't signed and were all subsequently proven to be utter shite.

Very meh about him tbh, I wanted him out a long time before he left.

As far as I'm concerned he disrespected the club every time he moaned like feck about not being able to sign anyone during interviews, flashed his knickers to all and sundry and behaved like a 3 year-old in the dugout whilst representing Heart of Midlothian.

I wonder if he ever sussed that the reason why he wasn't allowed to sign players in January is because the board had obviously lost all confidence in him.

Csaba did well in season 1 - finished 3rd, funny, "breath of fresh air" type interviews.

He did not do so well in season 2 - with away at Zagreb being one of the worst performances, and he had a complete inability to set out an attacking team against mediocre opposition. The football was dull, the results were poor and I am delighted her's not here now.

Doesn't deserve the abuse he gets on JKB though.

Archived