Would you stop following Hearts if we left Tynecastle?

Ryan Gosling

The stadium conundrum  

667 members have voted

1. 1. Would you stop following Hearts if we left Tynie?

• Of course not, I support Heart of Midlothian, not Tynecastle.
    • Yes.
    • No, but I wouldn't feel as committed.
    • Other (please state)

This should be interesting. :)

EDIT: I'll add that the circumstances are in the case of us failing to upgrade the main stand due to it not being viable.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be against a move, but it wouldn't stop me supporting Hearts.

Also, you didn't make the poll answers viewable. Fail.

Nelly Terraces

Would go to about 4 games a season if we did, and certainly wouldn't be investing cash in a season ticket. Go to the MurrayBowl to see us play Killie on a Sunday? I don't think so.

I'd be against a move, but it wouldn't stop me supporting Hearts.

Also, you didn't make the poll answers viewable. Fail.

STFU. I chose public answers and it didn't work. :angry:

Not juding by the votes so far. :P

People are clearly mortified by their moronic opinions in the prior thread. :laugh:

I don't want to leave Tynecastle but if a new main stand isn't a option of course we have to look at moving on.

Edit: Of course I'd still follow them.

scottish_chicP

Definitely don't want to move but it wouldn't stop me supporting the team. I'd be surprised if many people would feel differently? :huh:

Chad Sexington

Dumb thread.

There have been people on the stadium thread who say they would stop going to games if we moved.

Personally, I would support Hearts if we played outside a cave in Bora Bora.

I love Tynceastle and would rather stay there but the club is bigger than where we play.

Say What Again
I love Tynceastle and would rather stay there but the club is bigger than where we play.

That sums it up 100%.

:thumbsup:

Nelly Terraces

It would be more appropriate to have a poll of the Edinburgh and surrounding areas public who don't attend game now on whether they would START supporting Hearts if they moved to a shiny new stadium in the middle of a retail park.

Just a guess, but I'd put a tenner on the answer being a resounding NO.

There have been people on the stadium thread who say they would stop going to games if we moved.

This.

I really can't see the SDM 'Garden' thing ever happening but yes, I'd head to Gogar to watch the team if we moved there in 2022.

There had better be a good pub mind, and a seat for my aching bones.

I would be extreemly opposed to any move away from Tynecastle.

That's all.

I'm getting angry every time I think about that statement on the club website in fact & I may have to seek some kind of help.

If we had to move for the good of the club then yes of course I'd still go. The health of the club is more important than the ease in which I get a pint before a match.

Tynecastle is the place for me loads of memories etc, i went there as a kid, my son does and I'd love one day to take a grandson to tynie

it would be great if something could be done on present site. If Hearts ever did move it would have a dramatic effect on the area the trade for pubs shops etc a puropose built stadium would probably not have much pubs shops around the area and itself may be soulless but I'd still go, maybe we could ditch edinburgh and move closer to kirkcaldy!:whistling::whistling::whistling:

I cant think why anyone would not choose anything other than the 1st answer!

This, it's a no brainer (or should be) :thumbsup:

alwaysthereinspirit

Most of us on here could probably not imagine us playing anywhere else but Tynecastle. Saying that most of us lived or grew up in a house that as a youngster we never thought we'd ever leave. Heart of Midlothian moving would for me just be progression. If we move I would still go when able to. JMO.

Guest C00l K1d

I said No but i would feel less committed.

Thinking now though, it wouldn't be that i felt less committed, it just wouldn't feel the same.

The stadium wouldn't be ours.. i don't want EDINBURGH RUGBY across our stadium.

Snake Plissken

I would be extreemly opposed to any move away from Tynecastle.

That's all.

I'm getting angry every time I think about that statement on the club website in fact & I may have to seek some kind of help.

That ship sailed a while ago, non?

I voted the top one but that is the only answer that anyone can give, if you change the question to

:- what do you think would happen to Hearts if we moved from Tynecastle and ....

a) We owned our new stadium and were debt free ?

b)We rented another stadium and were debt free ?

c)We owned our new stadium and are still in ?25m Debt ?

d)We rented a new stadium and were still in ?25m debt ?

Replies on a postcard too , It'sabullshitstory.com/neverhappening

BN.

I voted other

I love Tynecastle. The history. The memories. The old shed. Broken terracing. Piss waterfall at the corner bogs in the shed. The new stands. The noise these high stands can produce.

I would be truly heartbroken if the club ever left Gorgie.

Would it ever stop me from following the team?

Like **** it would!!!!!!!!

HMFC till I die.

Frankly, I think it'd be ridiculous if anyone took the huff. I sit here just now thinking I could never stop going to see the boys in maroon with that heart on the strip. It hammers home how much more important the team/club is than a stadium. (By the way, I love tynie and would love to stay but just making the point that I could handle a move)

First option obviously.

Though the thought of not making that walk I've made for the best part of 30 years now is horrible.

It would be a sad day indeed to say goodbye to Tynie.

I voted "No" but if the new stadium had an athletics track I would be against!

Maintaining the atmosphere of Tynecastle should be a prerequisite!

HEARTS FOREVER

This would seem like a good move for Hearts although it would be interesting to see the details.

Is it really so far to Edinburgh park?

Is it hell!

we've played in south morrocco,

we've played in the USA,

but the greatest game in history is the one against al qae...(da).

catchy.

If the ground was out of town I probably wouldn't get a season ticket. If the stadium was still in walking distance it wouldn't make any difference.

Chad Sexington

we've played in south morrocco,

we've played in the USA,

but the greatest game in history is the one against al qae...(da).

catchy.

"GTF! You mini huns, you!"

angry_arab.jpg

kennyblack'sshot

I voted "Other":

I would stop going to Hearts games if we moved to that monstrosity, rented from DM, when redeveloping Tynecastle is the better option. I don't like feeling like I was lining Wallace Mercer and Romanovs' pockets. I would draw the line at lining David Murray, and Rangers, pockets too. I would still go to derbies at Easter Rd though and Hampden when I could, but not home games. And has anyone even thought about what the stations would be like if hearts are at 'home' at Gogar and Hibs are heading to the station for their away game? Surely there would be the potential every week for trouble at stations and would those of us without cars be herded like cattle on trains by the police for every home game?? Whereas now we just walk along the road to the ground. Mad idea.

I would vote "yes" if we got a custom-built 22-25,000 capacity football stadium (ie no running tracks) with good transport links from Edinburgh.

peebles jambo

i'd be delighted to move to the proposed new site, easier for us out of townies to get to,

that's why i voted "other"

kennyblack'sshot

I would vote "yes" if we got a custom-built 22-25,000 capacity football stadium (ie no running tracks) with good transport links from Edinburgh.

Sorry I meant I would vote No to the poll question in that case.

Morgaro Gomis

No brainer for me. Of course I would stop following Hearts, as the stadium is the most important thing after all! :ninja:

In all seriousness though, I will follow HMFC for all of my life, no matter what happens in the future.

The only thing that would stop be going the games would be if we moved to another city/town like what happened with Wimbledon.

I voted "No" but if the new stadium had an athletics track I would be against!

Maintaining the atmosphere of Tynecastle should be a prerequisite!

Would still support HMFC but would also be against an athletics track :down:

If Heart of Midlothian FC leaves Tynecastle, they are finished. Fact. :down:

They can't afford to lose supporters like me. Another fact.

And this^

Archived