1 Month Today

robbo1874

The Ashes starts with the first test at the Gabba in Brisbane . I am really looking forward to it. I really think it could be a cracking series. Im even thinking of getting sky mobile for late nigh watching on the phone. Come on, own up. Who else is looking forward to it?

Doctor FinnBarr

The Ashes starts with the first test at the Gabba in Brisbane . I am really looking forward to it. I really think it could be a cracking series. Im even thinking of getting sky mobile for late nigh watching on the phone. Come on, own up. Who else is looking forward to it?

This must be a wind up FFS!

:ninja:

This must be a wind up FFS!

:ninja:

The England cricket team represents more than just England, Biker. :ninja:

And in answer to the OP: I can't wait. All those years of listening to yet another England collapse Down Under and pulling the covers over my head in despair will be worth it if this time, we finally do it in Australia. 2-2 I reckon; maybe even 2-1 to England. I may be heading to New York over Xmas - but if so, will still be doing my utmost to keep track with the Boxing Day Test match in Melbourne, which is one of the most magnificent things in all of sport. :thumbsup:

Malcolm Tucker

LOVE The Ashes.

Cannot wait for this, Swann is going to rip those thieves a new one.

The England cricket team represents more than just England, Biker. :ninja:

And in answer to the OP: I can't wait. All those years of listening to yet another England collapse Down Under and pulling the covers over my head in despair will be worth it if this time, we finally do it in Australia. 2-2 I reckon; maybe even 2-1 to England. I may be heading to New York over Xmas - but if so, will still be doing my utmost to keep track with the Boxing Day Test match in Melbourne, which is one of the most magnificent things in all of sport. :thumbsup:

Ah, so your supporting England then?

Ah, so your supporting England then?

Even I wouldn't stoop so low as to support the convicts! :lol:

Even I wouldn't stoop so low as to support the convicts! :lol:

Not really but I find it winds up my mates from England if they think that. Could be cracker, with an England win!!

Racist remark IMO

:mellow:

HMP Australia should be flattered that the Crown is prepared to treat them as equals for the duration of this contest. :ninja:

Doctor FinnBarr

HMP Australia should be flattered that the Crown is prepared to treat them as equals for the duration of this contest. :ninja:

Ooof, SL slags of young Aussie Hearts players shocker!

Read the full story after Bingo, the X-Factor and holidays for ?9.50

:teehee:

Really looking forward to this.

Will take some time off work and then live nocturnally for five nights and hopefully not miss a delivery.

As long as England don't get over-confident then they can win, but the Aussies are no mugs. I watched the Aussies recent tests against India and, hilfenhaus apart, their bowling attack looked pretty average and they simply don't have a spinner the calibre of Swann. Cue Hauritz to have a golden Ashes series....

England's batting will be scrutinised though - Cook and Pieterson not on the best of form, although this could be the series we see Bell come to the fore.

As I say, really looking forward to it and England have probably not had a better opportunity to win Down Under over the last 20 years.

Intriguing.

My Boxing Day tickets arrived last week. Cannot wait! :thumb:

good stuff Geoff, Ive managed to get a comp for the opening day for the 5th test on the 3rd Jan, going to be great :thumbsup:

scottish_chicP

I don't even like cricket but have been informed I am attending the test match on Boxing day in Melbourne :thumbsup:

The Mighty Thor

Really looking forward to this series. The Aussies are supposedly on the slide but i've no doubt they'll up the game significantly to take on the poms.

England's attack looks quite strong and the Aussies appear toothless and, like Boris, I reckon one of the maligned Aussie bowlers will come good and make a contest of it!

bring it on :thumbsup:

Aussies to take it 2-1.

Really looking forward to this series. The Aussies are supposedly on the slide but i've no doubt they'll up the game significantly to take on the poms.

England's attack looks quite strong and the Aussies appear toothless and, like Boris, I reckon one of the maligned Aussie bowlers will come good and make a contest of it!

bring it on :thumbsup:

Aussies to take it 2-1.

As long as it isn't Mitchell Johnson. Something about him that makes me instantly dislike him. And he's a chucker, imo.

Should be a finely balanced series though. I'll go for England, 2-1

zzzzzzzzzz.jpg

Make sure you have you're predictions in.Got a tough one against the Post this week :whistling:

And try and get more than the usual 1 point eh :yucky:

Can't wait also. I reckon that England simply have to win the first test to have any chance of retaining The Ashes. They are both pretty average sides and I think only Australia know there true form. England beat Bangladesh and Pakistan during the summer but what do they take from that, Bangladesh a 3rd rate test nation and Pakistan........well we all know how farcical that turned out. I will plump for the Aussies taking the first test and going on to regain the Ashes by a 2-1 scoreline.

Mon The Aussies!!

Make sure you have you're predictions in.Got a tough one against the Post this week :whistling:

And try and get more than the usual 1 point eh :yucky:

:lol:

2 very good weeks, 1 awrite and 1 gash. No bad I say :thumbsup:

We're in for a tough tie this week definitely :D

Archived