Miko v Broadfoot

hoof.hearted

Am I being totally nieve here when I take it for granted Broadfoot will receive an automatic 2 match ban for diving yesterday?

When quized about the Miko dive for Lithuania, Gordon Smith (then still at the SFA) stated that if a player dives to win a penalty which is then scored, the player will be retrospectavly banned. The final scoreline is irrelivant.

One other thing.......please forgive my spelling. :thumbsup:

Am I being totally nieve here when I take it for granted Broadfoot will receive an automatic 2 match ban for diving yesterday?

When quized about the Miko dive for Lithuania, Gordon Smith (then still at the SFA) stated that if a player dives to win a penalty which is then scored, the player will be retrospectavly banned. The final scoreline is irrelivant.

Try guaranteed, that's a tricky one to spell.

linkin- hearts

Naive with a capital "N", my friend:verymad:

gorgie rd eh11

The only reason we're hearing anything about it is because it was against celtic. Broadfoot is the latest in a long line of rangers players to be caught on camera cheating. Boyd, lafferty, mcgregor and thompson of the top of my head have all been caught on camera blatantly cheating, it's obviously part of the culture at ibrox, there for everyone to see apart from our media who seem to have missed:rolleyes: the pattern of cheating rangers players. They were all patting themselves on the back at how the were going after the cheats a few years ago. Strange how they all turn into walters poodles when another rangers player takes another dive.

Guest juvehearts

diving is an olympic sport

every club does it, its part of the game,

its here to stay, after all, was that a free kick for rudi's 2nd yestd.

juve

Charlie-Brown

Walter Smith think's there is far too much questioning match officials decisions and too much pressure put on match officials .... well who would have thought that eh? of course the main beneficiary of most contentious decisions doesn't want the apple-cart upset, this on top of their hypocrisy over the deserved suspension for McGregors dirty kicks on opponents.

juve

Damn sight more of a free kick than it was a penalty!

And, I think the point is, the hypocrisy of the witchhunt against Miko and the completely different treatment given to guid Scottish/Irish laddies - or, for that matter Martians, if they happen play for the Bigot Brothers.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

juve

So because something happens, we should just accept that it's always going to happen rather than trying to stamp it out or punish offenders? :huh:

And yes, it was a blatant foul on Elliot for Rudi's free kick.

I realise every club has divers, including us! But what really gets my goat is EUFA made a ruling after the SFA spat out the dummy. It suited our media & Hampden suits then, but now it's not a Lith or against Scotland my money's on bog all being done about it.

Naismith dived, moaned at the ref, simulated yellow/red cards to celtic players, RAISED his hands and what was done?

Wee Miko would have been off before half time.... :angry:

Naismith dived, moaned at the ref, simulated yellow/red cards to celtic players, RAISED his hands and what was done?

The number of times the camera catches him, from behind :whistling: , clearly leaning into a player before simply falling down is really quite unbelievable

Charlie-Brown

Miko lasted less than 15 minutes in one game at Ibrox getting 2 yellows for far less than naismith got away with yesterday and at tynecastle a few weeks back. Naismith's a very good player but he's fast becoming a right wee nyaff and getting away with murder recently. McCulloch is just a hatchet man - if he played for anybody else he'd rack up far more red cards than he currently does despite his already high number of bookings.

Silly boy! Imagine expecting equality under the SFA! :rolleyes:

The blatant dive will receive little mention, as will Samaras bouncing his knee of Mcgregors head looking for a reaction. Zal can get sent off for being headbutted but the OF can do anything and their media will justify this! :angry:

givememychoice

Sorry, but what have I missed. The difference between miko and broadfoot in the 2 specific incidents is that miko went down under no contact, broadfoot was clearly touched. Broadfoot was already jinking to his right when he received a small push quite possibly over balancing him.

Whether its a penalty is a whole different question to whether it was a dive.

As some will know, I do have issues with the officials in this country, but this is more of a blinkered train of thought.

Sorry, but what have I missed. The difference between miko and broadfoot in the 2 specific incidents is that miko went down under no contact, broadfoot was clearly touched. Broadfoot was already jinking to his right when he received a small push quite possibly over balancing him.

As some will know, I do have issues with the officials in this country, but this is more of a blinkered train of thought.

I see your point but is it really any different when a player forgets about progressing WITH the ball and simply engineers a collision with the nearest opponent?

Broadfoot was going down as soon as he knocked the ball forward and I think, having turned to review the situation, the Celtic boy was genuinely surprised that Broadfoot hadn't forced past him deeper into the box !

The Real Maroonblood

Silly boy! Imagine expecting equality under the SFA! :rolleyes:

The blatant dive will receive little mention, as will Samaras bouncing his knee of Mcgregors head looking for a reaction. Zal can get sent off for being headbutted but the OF can do anything and their media will justify this! :angry:

That has been confirmed on Sky Sports. No action to be taken.

That has been confirmed on Sky Sports. No action to be taken.

Gosh! :rolleyes:

Any Hearts player would be attacked by the media.

You having a laugh? He was falling over like a big fairy and touched the defender on the way down.

Check it here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/9124647.stm

Malcolm Tucker

Miko is a Lithuanian, and was a Hearts player.

Kirk Broadfoot is a Scotland international, playing at Rangers.

I'm fairly sure this clears everything up.

itsnomarooned
<br />Sorry, but what have I missed. The difference between miko and broadfoot in the 2 specific incidents is that miko went down under no contact, broadfoot was clearly touched. Broadfoot was already jinking to his right when he received a small push quite possibly over balancing him.<br />

Whether its a penalty is a whole different question to whether it was a dive.<br />

As some will know, I do have issues with the officials in this country, but this is more of a blinkered train of thought.<br />

<br /><br /><br />

"Broadfoot" and "jinking" - 2 words one would quite legitimately not expect to hear in the same sentence.

gorgie rd eh11

You appear to have missed his blatant dive. Managing to make a bit of contact in the process of his dive might make him a better cheat, but he's still a cheat.

givememychoice

You having a laugh? He was falling over like a big fairy and touched the defender on the way down.

Check it here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/9124647.stm

yep, i made my original comment on the basis of having watched it numerous times. Look at the loading picture. He still looks pretty upright to me and look at the celtic's players arms coming up. He expects there to be a collision before broadfoot goes down.

Remember, my argument is not over whether its a penalty or not, its whether this is like the miko incident.

And for me, it clearly isnt.

I bet some on here who are arguing it to be the same would be claiming it was a penalty if it was a hearts player going down.

Was the treatment and vilification of miko unjustified? yes

Will Broadfoot get the same treatment? no

Was his "dive" as bad as mikos? no.

gorgie rd eh11

yep, i made my original comment on the basis of having watched it numerous times. Look at the loading picture. He still looks pretty upright to me and look at the celtic's players arms coming up. He expects there to be a collision before broadfoot goes down.

Remember, my argument is not over whether its a penalty or not, its whether this is like the miko incident.

I bet some on here who are arguing it to be the same would be claiming it was a penalty if it was a hearts player going down.

He's off the ground before there's any contact, diving and looking for a penalty. What level of cheating do you think is acceptable, would Mikos dive been ok if he had managed to make the same minimal contact that broadfoot made during his cheating.

your posts on this thread are a joke.

its a blatant dive. how can you see it any other way?

The problem here is inconsistancy. I dont think aside to the fact that Kirk Bigfoot is a crap football player many here have an axe to grind with him. You have made points and some of them are valid but thats my opinion and fortunately we all have one but unfortunately some on here seem to pounce on people when they express a view not in line with theres.

Personally I thought Broadfoot had to fall forward to reach the opposition player and it was never a pen. I didnt think Golum had too bad a game but failing to book Naismith and this decision were his low points. Again thats my opinion.

This is a Hearts forum and the nitty gritty is most of us find it hard to swallow when you see such as this going unpunished by refs, press and others and so on on an almost weekly basis when we had a witch hunt against Hearts for so long and issues were brought to the fore and presented as if Heart of Midlothian football club had invented them.

I am firmly in the camp of "get the OF to fek" and have a decent competitive league that will be allowed to grow. These things will always be a sore point until we have a level playing field and while the OF are around lets be honest it is not going to happen. They have ruined football for as long as I have been alive and for much longer beforehand. Its simply not in anyones interest that makes a living out of football to openly berate them or they will get crucified.

The most thought provoking comment I read recently on here was from someone that works beside a Smeltic fan and he commented that the decision Craig Thomson got against him in the Papac incident at the end of the game was viewed by Smeltic fans as against them and not us. That struck a cord with me when the truth of it sunk in.

We had an opportunity to change the league a few years back but certain teams bottled it as the deadline closed in. Whether it was ever gonna happen is another issue but until it happens football is not gonna be a level playing field.

Does anyone think that the fact we were singled out for abuse, accusations and a media hate campaign unparalleled in this country during the early part of Vlads regime to be a coincidence? accepting Vlad did us no favours but look what he got for standing up to the OFPL. They were worried that the status quo and duopoly of the uglies might be questioned. Ultimately we imploded but to what end did the media campaign contribute we will never know

Get them to fek cos I dont see the massive financial gain they bring to our club anymore.

Walter Smith think's there is far too much questioning match officials decisions and too much pressure put on match officials .... well who would have thought that eh? of course the main beneficiary of most contentious decisions doesn't want the apple-cart upset, this on top of their hypocrisy over the deserved suspension for McGregors dirty kicks on opponents.

I still remember the time at tynie, about 2 seasons ago when he took out Calum Elliot on the edge of the box for a 50/50 ball. Disgraceful, think he only got a yellow for that, more assault in that than duncan ferguson incident.

Kenny Clark stated on the radio last night that 'making contact' does NOT make it a foul. A point totally lost on media pundits & reporters. The contact has to be enough to make the player fall or lose control of the ball.

He said 'sometimes a player goes down when he's touched so lightly that if it happened in a pub, he wouldn't even have spilt his pint never mind fall over'.

What I want to know is then...........why the feck do they keep giving free kicks for said offences.

givememychoice

your posts on this thread are a joke.

its a blatant dive. how can you see it any other way?

Says, "communist" with 8 posts.

Are we to assume that anybody who goes down with no or minimal contact is a diver?

I would refer you to ian black at 3:23 in the bbc highlights of us.

Of course thats not a dive.

I didnt see the zaliukas incident closely enough to know what happened, but he certainly threw himself to the ground (it may or may not have been a foul, but there was certainly an element of a dive).

I actually dont think broadfoot was being that cynical. A bit chicken maybe, a bit unbalanced, for sure.

I also think that those chasing after this are shooting themselves in the foot. there is plenty of evidence of agendas etc. Far better evidence than this provides.

But it was a dive and it did achieve the same result.

Just because he wasn't as blatant or as proficient as Miko is irrelevant.

Can't honestly see how anyone could possibly think that this was anything other than blatant cheating.

Archived