und 17s v inverness

rattus 68

pal of mine went to this game today says the scoreline tells its own story where the und 17s problems lie said it was a smashing game though

Footballfirst

Finished 6-6 by the way

Both defences were shocking, particularly at set pieces. I saw Duncan Shearer on the touchline for ICT and he was shaking his head several times as was John Murray.

The U17s have been incredibly inconsistent this season. Three of then (Jack Hamilton, Billy King and Callum Patterson) already have full time contracts. If any others are looking to win contracts for next season, then they will have to up their game.

Both defences were shocking, particularly at set pieces. I saw Duncan Shearer on the touchline for ICT and he was shaking his head several times as was John Murray.

The U17s have been incredibly inconsistent this season. Three of then (Jack Hamilton, Billy King and Callum Patterson) already have full time contracts. If any others are looking to win contracts for next season, then they will have to up their game.

Given the 7 lost to Hamilton last week in the older age group is it safe to assume we don't have the next McLaren, Ritchie or Berra coming through ?

Its disappointing that teams like ICT and Hamilton are not being routinely dispatched by HMFC given the stated importance of the academy.

Charlie-Brown

Given the 7 lost to Hamilton last week in the older age group is it safe to assume we don't have the next McLaren, Ritchie or Berra coming through ?

Its disappointing that teams like ICT and Hamilton are not being routinely dispatched by HMFC given the stated importance of the academy.

There's been a lot of high scoring games in the u19 this season - hearts have put 5, 6, 4 & 5 past St Mirren, Killie, Inverness and league leaders Motherwell whilst losing 7 to Accies who'd previously lost 8-0 to Celts who only scraped a 1-0 over Hearts....

here's the results http://www.scotprem.com/content/default.asp?page=s41 & table http://www.scotprem.com/content/default.asp?page=s60

P W D L F A Pts

Aberdeen 7 5 1 1 16 9 16

Hearts 7 4 1 2 20 11 13

Rangers 5 4 1 0 11 2 13

Motherwell 8 4 1 3 13 15 13

Celtic 4 4 0 0 14 0 12

Hibernian 7 3 2 2 15 11 11

St Johnstone 8 2 2 4 12 18 8

St Mirren 7 2 2 3 9 17 8

Dundee United 6 2 1 3 6 8 7

Hamilton Accies 8 2 1 5 16 21 7

Inverness CT 7 1 0 6 9 18 3

Kilmarnock 6 1 0 5 7 18 3

They don't keep scores at U17 level but iam sure they've also trounced a few teams including Hibs this season however there is usually always a glut of goals at that level as attack seems to be better than defending for most teams, when scott robinson,jamie walker & jason holt etc played U17 level they often won & lost games with scores like 5-3, 4-5, 7-4 etc.

Malcolm Tucker

I think its unfair to say that. Prychynenko (sp?!) is meant to be a very good young player, Jamie Walker I've heard people raving about, Billy King, Jason Holt etc are all meant to be extremely promising.

I'd say that results don't always paint a clear picture when it comes to the youngsters.

Was also at yesterday's game against Inverness, you seemed to have failed to mention the 1st 2 goals for Inverness were goalkeeping errors and that the original fullbacks picked too play were both injured and taken off within 20 minutes from the start of play. The boys that replaced them were both 15 and had never played in the position. This leading to, at least 1 more of Inverness's goals. I thought that Hearts could easily have won the game but, as in previous games this season, we don't score a high percentage of the chances that we create.

Also, that is 5 games without loss. Having only being beaten twice this season, yes, perhaps the standard of performance hasn't always been high, but this is a new team and taking time to gel. Perhaps with key players out injured, bringing the younger boys in against teams that have been together for 2 years, will show our flaws. Still reckon that this team will get better as the season goes on.

The difference between this team now and the start of the season is we would have beaten yesterday after going 2 down. But in this short period of time the boys have created a good team spirit and fight for one another.

Footballfirst

Was also at yesterday's game against Inverness, you seemed to have failed to mention the 1st 2 goals for Inverness were goalkeeping errors and that the original fullbacks picked too play were both injured and taken off within 20 minutes from the start of play. The boys that replaced them were both 15 and had never played in the position. This leading to, at least 1 more of Inverness's goals. I thought that Hearts could easily have won the game but, as in previous games this season, we don't score a high percentage of the chances that we create.

Also, that is 5 games without loss. Having only being beaten twice this season, yes, perhaps the standard of performance hasn't always been high, but this is a new team and taking time to gel. Perhaps with key players out injured, bringing the younger boys in against teams that have been together for 2 years, will show our flaws. Still reckon that this team will get better as the season goes on.

The difference between this team now and the start of the season is we would have beaten yesterday after going 2 down. But in this short period of time the boys have created a good team spirit and fight for one another.

Auds - I try not to criticise individuals for their mistakes at Academy level age groups as they are still learning the game. I actually watched the first two periods of the U15 game before watching the last half hour of the U17 game so I was unaware of the earlier injuries. However, I have seen an improvementin performance since the start of the season, but they do have defensive frailties that the coaches need to address.

Charlie - I keep an up to date record of U19 results and the league table on the HYDC site. U19 Results & Table Saturday's U19 game against Hibs at East Mains should be an interesting one as Hibs have scored consistently, but have also conceded a few along the way.

Archived