Rugby cretins

Custard

Anyone hear this/read this on the Radio Forth website this morning ?

ENGLAND FAN FALLS VICTIM TO RACIAL ATTACK IN EDINBURGH

Drunken Scotland rugby fans have targeted an England supporter in a sickening attack in Edinburgh. It happened in Bristo Square after the recent Six Nations game at Murrayfield. A group of up to 40 people surrounded the man, as louts urinated on him. Many of them filmed the incident on their mobile phones.

This type of thing has been going on for years but its buried by the press faster than you can say "Hurrah".

Can you imagine the outcry if it had been football fans who had done this ?

When its rugby fans its all good boisterous fun.

Absolutely disgraceful.

This type of thing has been going on for years but its buried by the press faster than you can say "Hurrah".

Absolutely disgraceful.

In over thirty years of watching and playing rugby, I've never seen fans p*ss all over opposition fans.

In over thirty years of watching and playing rugby, I've never seen fans p*ss all over opposition fans.

You need to spend more time in Bristo Square then. ;)

The players usually do it over each other, though, don't they?

When they're not playing soggy biscuit, that is.

What makes them so sure they were rugby fans, and not just drunks celebrating the Scotland rugby victory?

What makes them so sure they were rugby fans, and not just drunks celebrating the Scotland rugby victory?

Which makes them rubgy fans surely :rolleyes:

Absolutely disgraceful.

On the 7.30 news teaser they mentioned Scotland rugby fans. At the actual news at 8.00, all mentions of Scotland rugby fans had dissappeared and it was simply a racist attack.

By jove, it wouldn't be the done thing to have good old high-spirited rugby chaps publically known to behave like those football holligans, what.

You need to spend more time in Bristo Square then. ;)

Spend loads of time the da square hangin' with my homeboys.

Never yet seen any rugger types p!shing on the opposition tho' ;)

Which makes them rubgy fans surely :rolleyes:

I'm sure most Scottish people 'celebrate' when Scotland or a Scot wins at any international sport, doesn't mean they are all fans of the actual sport.

:mw_rolleyes:

I'm sure most Scottish people 'celebrate' when Scotland or a Scot wins at any international sport, doesn't mean they are all fans of the actual sport.

:mw_rolleyes:

I don't celebrate when Scotland win at rugby because I don't like rugby.

Boaby Ewing

Didn't say it was rugby fans who pished on him, just that he was a rugby fan himself.

When a Granny gets mugged, no-one talks about pensioners on the rampage.

Of course, if it was rugby fans, he'd probably have ended up looking like a plasterer's radio as they tried to make him into a human digestive.

Didn't say it was rugby fans who pished on him, just that he was a rugby fan himself.

When a Granny gets mugged, no-one talks about pensioners on the rampage.

Of course, if it was rugby fans, he'd probably have ended up looking like a plasterer's radio as they tried to make him into a human digestive.

Ha ha.

Two days in row that i've laughed out loud at your postings.

Quality.

On the 7.30 news teaser they mentioned Scotland rugby fans. At the actual news at 8.00, all mentions of Scotland rugby fans had dissappeared and it was simply a racist attack.

By jove, it wouldn't be the done thing to have good old high-spirited rugby chaps publically known to behave like those football holligans, what.

Good to see them correcting their earlier assumption, and reporting accurately then.

Good to see them correcting their earlier assumption, and reporting accurately then.

How do you know they weren't racist Scotland Rugby Supporters?

How do you know they weren't racist Scotland Rugby Supporters?

Because if they were, Radio Froth wouldn't have corrected their story after initially describing the culprits as "rugby fans".

Without doubt, it's pretty low behaviour and there's loads of journos out there who'd love to jump on the back of misbehaving rugby fans (phnaar phnaaar) - if indeed they were lifting their kilts and dribbling on their Timberlands.

No reason whatsoever for a cover up, as the OP suggests - sounds like typical ned behaviour to me (especially the bit about recording the event on mobile phones).

Because if they were, Radio Froth wouldn't have corrected their story after initially describing the culprits as "rugby fans".

Without doubt, it's pretty low behaviour and there's loads of journos out there who'd love to jump on the back of misbehaving rugby fans (phnaar phnaaar) - if indeed they were lifting their kilts and dribbling on their Timberlands.

No reason whatsoever for a cover up, as the OP suggests - sounds like typical ned behaviour to me (especially the bit about recording the event on mobile phones).

Unless, of course, the OP had it nailed...

Not surprised by the location of the attack!

Have been in potterow after a Scotland England rugby match before, and the atmosphere was poisonous

There were literally fights breaking out every few minutes, as all the English students took great delight in slagging off anyone Scottish

They seemed to forget where they were, and thought they could get away with acting like they were back in their rugby club at Oxford

Was only a matter of time before it went way too far

They had an interview with an eye-witness on the radio.

It was definitely rugger buggers according to her.

If this was after a football match the media would be salivating all over the story.

Rugby fans have got away with disgraceful behaivour for years now. Its a farce.

Absolutely disgraceful.

A despicable cowardly act. Sums up the filth. :mad:

Archived