Setanta Sports News

brellierlegend

brellierlegend

Total amateurs! Watching it now! Both the male and female presenters are wearing pink and there is some builder drilling behind them!

Beggars belief!

Ray Winstone
I agree, yesterdays news presented by stuttering clowns.

Do the SPL run this programme?

Its run by an Irish broadcasting company.

brellierlegend

Would not be surprised but if anyone has access to it they should turn it on now! Drilling every so often! Completely ridiculous! God I miss Sky Sports News!

Ray Winstone
Would not be surprised but if anyone has access to it they should turn it on now! Drilling every so often! Completely ridiculous! God I miss Sky Sports News!

You only got free view or something?

I am watching Sky Sports news right now - just to rub it in.

brellierlegend
You only got free view or something?

I am watching Sky Sports news right now - just to rub it in.

Virgin! Was one of the channels lost as a result of the Branson/Murdoch "who has the biggest willy" contest!

Ray Winstone
Virgin! Was one of the channels lost as a result of the Branson/Murdoch "who has the biggest willy" contest!

Nightmare.

My money is still on Branson.

bigbryanthejambo

I reckon Robbie Neilson and Calum Elliot should present this programme. No timing and a useless 2some if ever there was one!

Setanta News is Shoddy in the extreme!

Im in stiches here. Brilliant!

:)

I don't mind Setanta news.

Sky Sports news and Sky News are just glorified broadcasting versions of that other great Murdoch institution The Sun.

What annoys me most about Sky Sports News is that it really only focuses closely on sports it shows live or anything to do with England.

Its run by an Irish broadcasting company.

I think there is a tie in with ITV News - Setanta is Irish owned though.

As for the broadcasters : either they can't read an autocue and/or they know nothing about sport. Too many times what they read out has the wrong empahasis on the wrong words as if they don't actually know/understand what they're reading. The blonde with the N E accent is a total nightmare. Almost incomprehensible at times.

Guest juvehearts
I don't mind Setanta news.

Sky Sports news and Sky News are just glorified broadcasting versions of that other great Murdoch institution The Sun.

What annoys me most about Sky Sports News is that it really only focuses closely on sports it shows live or anything to do with England.

Totaly agree there m8

same with sky news all english based orientated when it comes to 'local' news.

i gave up on it & switched to bbc news 24. when something big happens i normally turn over somehow sky are always there 1st & with the best pics of how it happened.

what turned it for me was the story a few weeks ago up here where half of edinburgh was closed due to finding chemicals in a old school.

not a quim of it on sky.... that night it was bbc's main headline

says it all really.

Far too much focus on english cricket on sky sports news these days. It gets nearly as much coverage as football ffs!

Ray Winstone
Far too much focus on english cricket on sky sports news these days. It gets nearly as much coverage as football ffs!

Its because England are playing a test match at the moment.

It dies down when England are not playing.

Guest casper

Saw John Burridge on an EPL highlights show last night.

He had on a red jacket with a yellow shirt.

He looked just like a....erm....budgie.

Hibby ****.

Its because England are playing a test match at the moment.

It dies down when England are not playing.

Not so much. I know about the test matches at the moment, but I just think it is getting more coverage in general, county stuff etc. I know there are fans of cricket, but for me it is still quite niche...and possibly the most boring sport to watch if you are not interested in it, which makes me flick off sky sports news pretty much every ten minutes these days!

Ray Winstone
Not so much. I know about the test matches at the moment, but I just think it is getting more coverage in general, county stuff etc. I know there are fans of cricket, but for me it is still quite niche...and possibly the most boring sport to watch if you are not interested in it, which makes me flick off sky sports news pretty much every ten minutes these days!

Fair enough.

I play cricket myself and keep up with the international stuff - but the county stuff is extremely boring, I must agree.

what turned it for me was the story a few weeks ago up here where half of edinburgh was closed due to finding chemicals in a old school.

not a quim of it on sky.... that night it was bbc's main headline

says it all really.

Or last year when Sky News had a live feed to the Anna Nicole Smith funeral cortege. I mean, really. The feed was from Fox News which is also Murdoch owned but there's no excuse, that's just taking it too far.

BBC gave it a passing mention but nothing more.

I think Setanta has done well to break the monopoly that was Sky Sports. Lots of live football from many leagues, 24 hour sports news channel, many other sports including golf and aussie rules football etc.

They just need to get rid of the clowns they have commentating. Booth and Burley are a right pair of dafties

There is no denying that, compared to SSN, Setanta News is pish.

But lets remember the resources both stations have, and the length of time they have both been broadcasting.

Setanta is a bairn compared to Sky Sports News, its been on for 5 minutes.

I'm willing to give it a chance. I'd actually like a look at the early days of SSN, bet there were some shocking mistakes back then.

Setanta will get better with their news coverage, thats a given. Will Sky tho?

Give Setanta a chance guys, I am!

Cheers, Mr Sifter (another who lost SSN during the biggest willy contest):(

oh ah grantona

i stopped watching this crap when they made the mistake of saying dundee united had been knocked out cup by qos i think when it was dundee clowns

I'd actually like a look at the early days of SSN, bet there were some shocking mistakes back then.[/size]

Like Jim White :evilno:

Sky Sports News isn't really a news service, its just a big advert for Sky Sports. How much coverage does Wimbledon or the Six Nations get on SSN - just a brief mention before a break if you're lucky. Yet even WWE gets plenty of airtime when it has something to sell to the British public.

Seymour M Hersh

The answer is neither as both are ******s!!!

Deans Jambo

Their was a bird with huge baps nearly spilling out her top the other week on setanta news, made me watch for a while! ehem :P

Archived