dont usually buy the Express

Heartbeat

Dont actually buy them as a rule anymore but happened to read the express today.

Scott Burns, whoever he is started talking about the return of Zaliukas.

He noted that we hadnt kept a clean sheet since late August the last time Zal played. Probably correct havent checked but then he states.

" since then Jim Jefferies men have struggled to keep the ball out of Marian Kellos net"

Now if I was totally alien to scottish football and simply reading this article or if even i didnt follow Hearts I would have thought this must be a team leaking goals for fun. I didnt think we had been that bad so checked the stats.

Only four team in the league have conceeded less goals than us, and at that one (st J) has one less and another ICT has two less. We are the fourth highest scorers also.

We have kept clean sheets in two of our away games and excepting the three we lost at darkheid have only lost one other goal away from home, alas we have lost six in four games at home. All that despite losing two of our first pick back four at the start of the campaign and yet another (Barr) untried in this team and had a bit of a mare for a while.

None of this was recognised yet this balloon goes on to say "yet the damage was self inflicted with owner as Vladimir Romanov refused to let Zaliukas play due to his over the top demands" bit of truth in this but cant help but feel that if Rancers/smeltic had a player in that situation and possibly set to lose him in December and not part of the on going team it would somehow be deemed prudent to leave him out especially when he reported demands were so high, but thats another debate.

Crux of the matter once again is shoddy reporting and a two minute check would have enlightened him to the fact that Hearts are not leaking goals but DO have a defensive crisis on there hands yet despite that have managed to score more than they have lost and kept a 50% clean sheet record on the road.

I just think sometimes there has been a secret summitt/ pow wow somewhere where all the Journos, broadcasters etc etc have been told it is in there interests to keep the OF at the forefront of everything and accurate reporting on anything else is secondary, indeed if anyone happens get remotely close to the OF it is everyones interest to discredit and scandalise everything about said club cos all our jobs are dependant on it. Furthermore if you wish to be a proper sports reporter and create good sporting ethics and genuine competition maybe you would be best going to another country cos we cannot afford to report the truth unless it is to generate more revenue for the OF.

Even NOW yesterday Scott Davie chose to start his match report with a tirade against Vlad and the reason Zal had not been playing overshadowing what was a good win, Take it Scott Davie supports Aberdeen.

Know its an old story (bad reporting) but if we dont bang on and on about it nothing will happen, it probably wont anyway

Dont actually buy them as a rule anymore but happened to read the express today.

Scott Burns, whoever he is started talking about the return of Zaliukas.

He noted that we hadnt kept a clean sheet since late August the last time Zal played. Probably correct havent checked but then he states.

" since then Jim Jefferies men have struggled to keep the ball out of Marian Kellos net"

Now if I was totally alien to scottish football and simply reading this article or if even i didnt follow Hearts I would have thought this must be a team leaking goals for fun. I didnt think we had been that bad so checked the stats.

Only four team in the league have conceeded less goals than us, and at that one (st J) has one less and another ICT has two less. We are the fourth highest scorers also.

We have kept clean sheets in two of our away games and excepting the three we lost at darkheid have only lost one other goal away from home, alas we have lost six in four games at home. All that despite losing two of our first pick back four at the start of the campaign and yet another (Barr) untried in this team and had a bit of a mare for a while.

None of this was recognised yet this balloon goes on to say "yet the damage was self inflicted with owner as Vladimir Romanov refused to let Zaliukas play due to his over the top demands" bit of truth in this but cant help but feel that if Rancers/smeltic had a player in that situation and possibly set to lose him in December and not part of the on going team it would somehow be deemed prudent to leave him out especially when he reported demands were so high, but thats another debate.

Crux of the matter once again is shoddy reporting and a two minute check would have enlightened him to the fact that Hearts are not leaking goals but DO have a defensive crisis on there hands yet despite that have managed to score more than they have lost and kept a 50% clean sheet record on the road.

I just think sometimes there has been a secret summitt/ pow wow somewhere where all the Journos, broadcasters etc etc have been told it is in there interests to keep the OF at the forefront of everything and accurate reporting on anything else is secondary, indeed if anyone happens get remotely close to the OF it is everyones interest to discredit and scandalise everything about said club cos all our jobs are dependant on it. Furthermore if you wish to be a proper sports reporter and create good sporting ethics and genuine competition maybe you would be best going to another country cos we cannot afford to report the truth unless it is to generate more revenue for the OF.

Even NOW yesterday Scott Davie chose to start his match report with a tirade against Vlad and the reason Zal had not been playing overshadowing what was a good win, Take it Scott Davie supports Aberdeen.

Know its an old story (bad reporting) but if we dont bang on and on about it nothing will happen, it probably wont anyway

I understand what you are saying but the journo has got the gist of it right.

Our defence was shambolic without Wallace and Zal and, although we weren't leaking goals like a sieve, we were losing very poor goals at crucial times (5th minute of injury time against Rankers ?)

I'm just glad that Zal is back and we don't have to close our eyes every time the oppo attacks :angry:

Archived