Hearts Youth Development Awards Dinner - 30 March

Ulysses

The Hearts Youth Development Committee Annual Awards Dinner takes place on Sunday, March 30 (that's Sunday week) in the Gorgie Suite.

The Hearts Youth Development Committee raises funds to assist with the development of the club's U-12 to U-19 age groups. The funds raised are used to send the teams to competitions such as the Milk Cup in Belfast and various other international tournaments.

The Annual Awards Dinner will recognise the achievements of players in the Under 17s, Under 19s as well as an overall Young Player of the Year.

Tickets cost ?35 for the event, which includes a 3 course meal, and entertainment from guest speakers Alex Smith and former referee Willie Young. There will also be a raffle to raise funds for the Committee.

If you're interested in attending, please call the club at 0131 200 7258 for more details.

YoungPlayeroftheYearAwards-A5flier.jpg

davemclaren
Think it is just a lounge suit. Heading along looking forward to it. :)

It did sound a bit too formal right enough. :cool:

It did sound a bit too formal right enough. :cool:

Almost 100% sure its just jacket and tie Dave. As you say the old DJ sound a wee bit OTT. :)

Dinner jacket means one of the tux-type jobs with shiny lapels. They are normally coupled with a bow tie.

Think it is just a lounge suit. Heading along looking forward to it. :)

My understanding is that it is a suit, and not black tie. I'll post a clarification tomorrow.

Colonel Kurtz
My understanding is that it is a suit, and not black tie. I'll post a clarification tomorrow.

It strikes me as rather old fashioned to have a "dress code"of ill fitting ,mostly Next suits for a fund raising event.

I doubt any of the players involved will have a suit and tie on.

The club cant even get what outdated code they want to apply.

What is a "lounge suit" anyway,strikes me as something worn by a lounge lizard

It strikes me as rather old fashioned to have a "dress code"of ill fitting ,mostly Next suits for a fund raising event.

I doubt any of the players involved will have a suit and tie on.

The club cant even get what outdated code they want to apply.

What is a "lounge suit" anyway,strikes me as something worn by a lounge lizard

Welcome to The Lounge Lizards website! A place for people who require swinging jazz and relaxing easy listening music, performed to the highest quality, for their event.

The Lounge Lizards will create the perfect ambience for your event, turning it into a uniquely special occasion which your guests will love and remember for a long, long time.

Available in a choice of line-ups to suit your budget, we are a group of top professional musicians, who really enjoy making any event, formal or informal, go with a swing.

Using our wide experience of performing, we draw on our extensive repertoire of tunes and styles to create the perfect complement to your event ? matching our music to the mood of your guests. Which makes every Lounge Lizard performance a totally unforgettable and unique experience.

Please take a look around our site and listen to some samples of our music ? from the smooth and sophisticated to the lively and exhilarating. And then simply drop us an email to find out more.

:mw_rolleyes:

davemclaren
Dinner jacket means one of the tux-type jobs with shiny lapels. They are normally coupled with a bow tie.

My Tux seems to have shrunk over the years. :confused:

Why would anyone want to buy ticks for that to help towards the youth development is beyond me,we friggin sell all our youths for peanuts

davemclaren
Why would anyone want to buy ticks for that to help towards the youth development is beyond me,we friggin sell all our youths for peanuts

Like Craig Gordon? ;)

davemclaren
Aye and Elliot,Berra,Mole,Driver and the 2 youngsters that bolted last week will bring us in million eh

Johnson and Driver might. Allowing for CG alone, ?9m is not a bad return. :)

In these days of apathy, criticism of the club at all levels and our inability to get anything right is it good that my ticket for this event says Saturday 29th March 2008?

:confused:

Smart but not formal...from Hearts.

Jacket and tie job.....

Is it acceptable to turn up wearing items from the rather classy "Revolution" designer clothing range? :eek:

Robbos Right Peg

This thread has reminded me that I pay ?5 a month to the alleged YDC.

As I am unconvinced about the abillities of John or Darren Murray as of tomorrow that fiver will be getting stopped. Suffice to say I will be attending a far more worthy benefit event on the 30th.

Archived