Strachan

Gigolo-Aunt

2-1 down to Leeds with 20 mins to play. Almost 3 - great strike of the post.

P45.

hope so lol, horrible little ginger

I'm looking for a draw here for ?360. Take it that it is not looking likely?

Its pretty even steven.

Would not rip the betting slip up just yet,

biggrin.gif

I want him as scotland manager. He is just what we need.

And what is that?

Can see him getting his jotters now . Stadium was pretty empty - thats when chairman tend to act.

Steve Gibson tends to stick by managers, but Strachan must be getting close to the bullet.

I work with a guy (in South Wales) who travels to every 'boro home game. He's not a happy camper at the moment. Strapon's smug ability to alienate just about everyone by trying to be witty and "out there" does not help win hearts and minds.

He clearly thought that Boyd, McAnus, Thompson, Flood etc. were good enough to get him out the Championship, but it's not as easy as that.

Anyway, what do I care? He's a tosser.

Come on the Bluebirds!

ExPatHeartsman

I want him as scotland manager. He is just what we need.

Is that because you have absolutely no interest in football anymore :rolleyes:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Think he's got a few weeks left yet. Just shows how bad the SPL really is though.

jambo east anglia

If he's still in employment he brings his mob to the Deliadome next week so I'll be there to offer him some words of 'encouragement'.

Think he's got a few weeks left yet. Just shows how bad the SPL really is though.

And yet Charlie Adam is playing a starring role for a mid-table team in the Premier League.

Incidentally, the Middlesborough starting XI today contained 3 ex-SPL players, each of them a full international.

And yet Charlie Adam is playing a starring role for a mid-table team in the Premier League.

Incidentally, the Middlesborough starting XI today contained 3 ex-SPL players, each of them a full international.

fell asleep listening to 606 phone in but woke up to hear the guys in the studio ranting on about Strachan : they obviously had a live feed from the Boro game and were absolutley fuming about his behaviour.

Anyone know what it was all about ?

Goldstone Wonder

He made his usual gnomic comments to the interviewer on Sky whikst eating what looked like a Curlywurly. Completely mad but in a very unendearing way,

Captain_Peacock

Snodgrass seemed to have a pretty good game, not such a bad advertisment for Scottish Football.

I have to say watching the after match interview and seeing him munch on a sweet. I found that totally disrespectful. Dont ask why i just did

If we got strachan or a souness and brought an '86 attitude and feeling to scotland, id b interested again.

fell asleep listening to 606 phone in but woke up to hear the guys in the studio ranting on about Strachan : they obviously had a live feed from the Boro game and were absolutley fuming about his behaviour.

Anyone know what it was all about ?

never saw it myself but listened to the 606 podcast this morning, Strachan was munching on a sweet(a yorkie according to robbie savage), whilst being interviewed, Darren Fletcher was going mental about it, saying that he was disrespectful and petulant..all true of course.

His playful banter interviews that he thinks are all so big, clever and funny are really starting to backfire on the wee scroat, Fletcher said that his action were that of a man that had not time for the club or its fans.

Steve Gibson tends to stick by managers, but Strachan must be getting close to the bullet.

I work with a guy (in South Wales) who travels to every 'boro home game. He's not a happy camper at the moment. Strapon's smug ability to alienate just about everyone by trying to be witty and "out there" does not help win hearts and minds.

He clearly thought that Boyd, McAnus, Thompson, Flood etc. were good enough to get him out the Championship, but it's not as easy as that.

Anyway, what do I care? He's a tosser.

Come on the Bluebirds!

I said this on an earlier similar thread but even he must be getting to breaking point.

I don't know what's worse: Strachan masterminding defeats or the sh*te he speaks in the post match interviews.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

never saw it myself but listened to the 606 podcast this morning, Strachan was munching on a sweet(a yorkie according to robbie savage), whilst being interviewed, Darren Fletcher was going mental about it, saying that he was disrespectful and petulant..all true of course.

His playful banter interviews that he thinks are all so big, clever and funny are really starting to backfire on the wee scroat, Fletcher said that his action were that of a man that had no time for the club or its fans.

On the face of it I'd agree but in actual fact Strachan was a lot more honest and eloquent in that interview than he has been for weeks. What he thought he'd achieve by eating all the way through it I've no idea but it seemed like a bit of a defence mechanism to me.

His playful banter interviews that he thinks are all so big, clever and funny are really starting to backfire on the wee scroat, Fletcher said that his action were that of a man that had not time for the club or its fans.

What has it to do with Fletcher?

im assuming that as a journalist he felt it was disrespectful, he did say that if he had turned up too interview and manager or footballer and asking questions while munching a sweet he knew he would get short shrift and quite rightly.

As i said i never heard the interview just going on what was reported on 606.

A petulant, smart-erse 'not as clever or witty as he thinks' ginger hibby with wee-man syndrome and a chip on both shoulders. What's not to like? ;)

im assuming that as a journalist he felt it was disrespectful, he did say that if he had turned up too interview and manager or footballer and asking questions while munching a sweet he knew he would get short shrift and quite rightly.

As i said i never heard the interview just going on what was reported on 606.

I thought you meant the United player. It never made any sense.

A petulant, smart-erse 'not as clever or witty as he thinks' ginger hibby with wee-man syndrome and a chip on both shoulders. What's not to like? ;)

He was interviewed post match a couple of weeks ago ank was asked - what went wrong today.

Gingers baws shouts back , clearly very unruffled, 'I don't know !. You watched the game . You tell me !!'.

You could just sense that the journo wanted to shout back 'feck off you tw@t'.

Rudolf's Mate

And what is that?

Can see him getting his jotters now . Stadium was pretty empty - thats when chairman tend to act.

They've been notorious for bad attendances there and the only times they got decent crowds was the euro run and when they realised they may get relagated they slashed the prices.

Are you thinking he meant the Man U one? There a reporter on R5 Live called Darren Fletcher too.

I'm no lover of Alan Green but he called GS 'a little smart-alec' or something similar tonight about the way he talks to the media. Pretty spot on.

If we got strachan or a souness and brought an '86 attitude and feeling to scotland, id b interested again.

Souness I'll give you. But Strachan, are you on trolling?

He took Coventry from a mid-table Premiership side to relegation in 4 season, and only saved them from relegation in his 1st season on the very last day, and only because Middlesborough had been deducted 3 points by the FA.

He did well with Southampton, but jumped ship when the going got tough again.

He won titles at Celtic, hardly difficult. Especially considering the financial difficulties Rangers have been going through.

He has taken Middlesborough from 2nd place when he took over, to 20th. 2 points off the relegation zone.

He doesn't have the man-management or personal skills to manage a team like Scotland.

Archived