The defence

Moriarty

Looks much more solid with big Zal back. I don't think kello had a proper save to make.

Well done Darren Barr at right back also :thumbsup:

Looks much more solid with big Zal back. I don't think kello had a proper save to make.

Well done Darren Barr at right back also :thumbsup:

Didn't see the game, but it sounded a lot more solid. Just hope the manager gives the same four the nod over the next couple of (hopefully winnable) games.

The Old Tolbooth

Zaliukas was given heaps of praise by the commentators today on open all mics, good to see the guy back and I hope we've reached some agreement with him. :thumbsup:

Well done today.

Solid all round and could have scored more.

As you say Kello was quiet.

Drylaw Hearts

The defence were pretty solid today - helped by Mrowiec and Jonsson.

The balance of the team looked so much better today.

alwaysthereinspirit

Thought they looked very comfortable today. Bouzid and Pal were hardly mentioned, Barr had a couple of nice overlapping runs but Zal was the difference.

Thought they looked very comfortable today. Bouzid and Pal were hardly mentioned, Barr had a couple of nice overlapping runs but Zal was the difference.

Agreed!

Not only was he great in the air, he read the game really well, and there was one instance late on when Paly was out of position and he read the front post ball beautifully.

The defence were pretty solid today - helped by Mrowiec and Jonsson.

The balance of the team looked so much better today.

How was Jonsson today DH?

Jonsson played well as did all of the midfield pass marks for all the players today. It has to be said though the defence was solid and organised which made a difference

Drylaw Hearts

How was Jonsson today DH?

Did ok CJ.

Plenty of running about as usual and kept the passing simple by either giving it to Skacel or Suso rather than trying outwith his capabilities.

Did ok CJ.

Plenty of running about as usual and kept the passing simple by either giving it to Skacel or Suso rather than trying outwith his capabilities.

What about Mrowiec?

I wasn't overly enamoured when we signed him again tbh but had been reasonably impressed with him at centre half the last couple of weeks, how was he in midfield today?

Drylaw Hearts

What about Mrowiec?

I wasn't overly enamoured when we signed him again tbh but had been reasonably impressed with him at centre half the last couple of weeks, how was he in midfield today?

Same as EJ.

They didn't give the Aberdeen midfield too much room.

Same as EJ.

They didn't give the Aberdeen midfield too much room.

I'd argue that a four man midfield with attacking wide players needs the two central midfielders to sit and stop the opposition.

The back four were good today. Zali and Bouzied lost about two headers all day and the defence only got split once whe Ruben lazily appealed fo roffside allowing Aluko in. Barr deserves credit too, did very well.

I disagree on the midfield. I thought EJ and Adrien didnt impose themselves quite enough. Aberdeen were stifled but mainly due to their lack of creativity. I looked at Hartley and his calm ont he ball and felt we wouldve looked a lot better with him. Great performance by Suso too.

Drylaw Hearts

I'd argue that a four man midfield with attacking wide players needs the two central midfielders to sit and stop the opposition.

And I'd agree with you.

However.....

The 2005/06 team would put up quite an arguement.

And I'd agree with you.

However.....

The 2005/06 team would put up quite an arguement.

Not really, Sammy would be my ace of Hearts and would ensure victory. :)

Drylaw Hearts

Not really, Sammy would be my ace of Hearts and would ensure victory. :)

Hmmmmmm..............

I suggest you look a little closer at Mr Cammazola's career stats at Hearts bh.

They're not actually that impressive.

In the 6 matches he started : W2 D2 L2

As sub : W2 D1

Guest jambomickey

thought the team played well as a unit today and we got the ball wide for crosses instead of lumping high balls to kyle.

Was at the game today! First off, great result and credit to all the team. Especially to zal, Barr and suso thought they were excellent. The whole team today played as a unit and looked hungry for the win which was great to see. Still in the granite city drinking the night away great crowd m'on the jt's !!!!

Did ok CJ.

Cheers DH

Good to hear he had a steady game today.

Was really looking forward to Eggy having a big season this year but IMHO has been awful so far.

He's a good lad, I really hope he can nail that centre mid position and go on and show what he is capable of.

Archived