Wenger on tackling

Peebo

I didn't see it.

Neither have I ..............and you can almost guarantee that neither will Arsene if it's one of his own players :whistling:

Francis Albert

We'll see what Wenger says ... but to be fair Wilshere walked off without any complaint from him, other Arsenal players, or any one in the Arsenal dugout.

We'll see what Wenger says ... but to be fair Wilshere walked off without any complaint from him, other Arsenal players, or any one in the Arsenal dugout.

MOTD reckons that Arsene said he had no complaints and Wilshere has apologised and said he deserved it as well.

Did find it funny after his whinging that one of his players was sent off for a reckless tackle.

Wenger saying he deserved a red - I'd have gone for the 'he's not that type of player' line meself - seems to work for the league's less talented managers.

The link you posted goes to a video of Arsene admitting it was a red...admitting he deserved it and pointing out it was mistimed. Slightly different to the stuff he was talking about

Fair dues. When I posted that I link it was just after seeing the tackle happen live on the TV and the link was, at that point, to an article regarding his pre-match comments.

Gregory House M.D.

Wenger saying he deserved a red - I'd have gone for the 'he's not that type of player' line meself - seems to work for the league's less talented managers.

They should all take lessons from the magnificent Arsene...

They could learn a thing or two about teaching their players how to go down like they stepped on a landmine at the slightest hint of contact. If they're lucky they might learn how to buy the entire french youth system. On a Monday they'd be learning how to bitch & moan like the whole worlds against them before slipping off for some food throwing lessons.

He will teach these mere mortals how to demoralise young players by launching scathing attacks on anyone who dare not time a tackle to sheer perfection against the mighty Gunners.

Arsene Wenger is and always has been a grade A welt.

Terrible challenge and a clear red.

The dive from Chamakh for the penalty was shameful as well. As clear an example of cheating as you're likely to see.

Terrible challenge and a clear red.

The dive from Chamakh for the penalty was shameful as well. As clear an example of cheating as you're likely to see.

The boy dives into the back of him inside the box, and IMO there is contact !

It's not that bad a tackle. Bad first touch, he's losing possesion and over streaches in to the tackle. Catches the player. Straight Red with no complaints.

He didn't go in over the top to take the opposition player out or hurt anyone.

It's not that bad a tackle. Bad first touch, he's losing possesion and over streaches in to the tackle. Catches the player. Straight Red with no complaints.

He didn't go in over the top to take the opposition player out or hurt anyone.

:mellow:

Maybe not as malicious as it could have been, but flying in like that makes where and WHAT you hit very much a lottery IMO

mahgrassyshoes

They should all take lessons from the magnificent Arsene...

They could learn a thing or two about teaching their players how to go down like they stepped on a landmine at the slightest hint of contact. If they're lucky they might learn how to buy the entire french youth system. On a Monday they'd be learning how to bitch & moan like the whole worlds against them before slipping off for some food throwing lessons.

He will teach these mere mortals how to demoralise young players by launching scathing attacks on anyone who dare not time a tackle to sheer perfection against the mighty Gunners.

Arsene Wenger is and always has been a grade A welt.

If buying the whole french youth system helps produce more players like Wilshire then i doubt too many people in England will complain.

The boy dives into the back of him inside the box, and IMO there is contact !

Watch it again on goaltube dude, Chamakh was falling way before the guy touched him.

Awful dive.

Wilshere is a dirty wee **** and has been lucky that he hasn't spent more time suspendered!

is this a joke? He is one of the mos graceful young players in that league. He is class and im sure there are a lot of countries, Scotland included, looking on jealously at what a talent he is.

is this a joke? He is one of the mos graceful young players in that league. He is class and im sure there are a lot of countries, Scotland included, looking on jealously at what a talent he is.

Granted, but even the sublime Dennis Bergkamp liked to 'leave a foot in' now and again :whistling:

Jambof3tornado

Not a joke at all. Last nights CL tackle backs up my theory. Regardless of class and skill,he is a dirty **** in a challenge and hasn't hurt anyone by luck not because he tries not to!

Archived