Trading in car

Randle P McMurphy

Randle P McMurphy

Thinking about trading in my car for another in a few months time. The car I have is mechanically sound and is MOT'd to Sept next year however there are a couple of things that need sorted out. The heater only works at max setting, the air con doesn't work at all and there is a minor dent at the rear.

Question is do I bother getting these repairs done or will it make no difference at trade in. I reckon the repairs will cost a couple of hundred and similar cars for private sales are going for around ?1500ish.

Thinking about trading in my car for another in a few months time. The car I have is mechanically sound and is MOT'd to Sept next year however there are a couple of things that need sorted out. The heater only works at max setting, the air con doesn't work at all and there is a minor dent at the rear.

Question is do I bother getting these repairs done or will it make no difference at trade in. I reckon the repairs will cost a couple of hundred and similar cars for private sales are going for around ?1500ish.

The wife traded her car in a few month past, full of scratches a few carpark dents and the elec windows not working. she got full trade in price for it .

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

Randle P McMurphy

The wife traded her car in a few month past, full of scratches a few carpark dents and the elec windows not working. she got full trade in price for it .

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

good lad, thats the answer I was hoping forthumbsup.gif

good lad, thats the answer I was hoping forthumbsup.gif

no probs :thumbsup: just to add the car was worth about ?1000 and thats what she got trade in for it. What you thinking of getting ?

Randle P McMurphy

no probs :thumbsup: just to add the car was worth about ?1000 and thats what she got trade in for it. What you thinking of getting ?

Narrowed it down to Honda CRV or Toyota Rav4, maybe a Nissan Quasqoui(sp)

Repair ??? Naw :thumbsup:

heater not working will be the resistor bout ?30-?60. if the the air will need regased bout ?50. take it to a polish run bodyshop cheap maybe ?60-?80 for the dent

The Real Maroonblood

heater not working will be the resistor bout ?30-?60. if the the air will need regased bout ?50. take it to a polish run bodyshop cheap maybe ?60-?80 for the dent

If the a/c is not working it could be a lot of things and could cost up to ?300 to repair.

The time involded could take about 3 hours if the dashboard and steering wheel has come out.

Archived