Beattie on Black

The People's Chimp

The People's Chimp
Beattie said: "Jela came into the side and he did really well."It was unfortunate that he got injured against Hearts. But it has given me a chance to get back into the team and establish myself.

"Jela was in great form and he was establishing a good partnership with Kenny Miller.

"He was taken out most cynically by one of the Hearts players and he's undergone an operation. I've spoken to him and he sounds upbeat but obviously disappointed.

"You don't want to see dirty challenges. It is pretty unacceptable among the players and they shouldn't be doing that to each other.

"UEFA make the rules and the referees follow the guidelines."

If that tackle had happened in any game involving non old firm teams we wouldn't have heard a second word about it. Had that tackle been from an old firm player against Ian Black we'd not be hearing about it. As it is, Black's card is now marked for good. He was already seen as a bit of a wild one, but now he's being painted as cynical, dirty and unacceptable. He's now an absolute stick on for an over zealous ref to exercise his card arm even more than usual.

In fairness, that was a shocking challenge and Black makes at least one stupid, cynical foul every game he plays.

I'm getting sick of being in the 'He's a good Jambo and he tries, I hope this works out for him' group. We've all been saying it for too long, and I think some of us can see that he's not got the ability and he tries to compensate that with fouling.

In fairness, that was a shocking challenge and Black makes at least one stupid, cynical foul every game he plays.

I'm getting sick of being in the 'He's a good Jambo and he tries, I hope this works out for him' group. We've all been saying it for too long, and I think some of us can see that he's not got the ability and he tries to compensate that with fouling.

I agree but the op's point was that black will now get treated more harshly by refs simply because the tackle was against an old firm player which I think is a certainty and would add that the press will make doubly sure this will happen.

I hope somebody injures Beattie this weekend the moaning, English ****

mahgrassyshoes

I think the challenge was unnecessarily over the top, but if he hadn't fouled jelavic he was in a very good position and had looked threatening all game. No need to hang him out to dry, challenges like that do happen all the time, unfortunately he did it in a game where it would be highlighted. Shouldn't be forgotten he had a very good game that day and hopefully it is the start of a decent run of form.

it was cynical, no doubt.

he's been accused of it being "snide"... wrong. it wasn't meant to be reckless to the point of endangering the player.

have rangers players indulged in far worse?... you betcha.

is this just yet another case of craven hypocrisy from then?... why yes it is.

typical footballer's hypocritical pish. he's hardly alone.

Snake Plissken

I thought Black had one of his best games for us and the foul he committed was very much in the 'take one for the team' bracket. He knew what he was doing, though I don't think he set out to injury the boy on purpose.

Hagar the Horrible

I agree but the op's point was that black will now get treated more harshly by refs simply because the tackle was against an old firm player which I think is a certainty and would add that the press will make doubly sure this will happen.

Thay happen from time to time, but his statement about it being the worst thing ever? how about cheating and and having the SFA give you 30 points a season. Black will be targetted just as Miko was? Sent off 4 times against rangers, including being the victim of a clothesline take out?? well beattie where does that come into your morals, and McGreagor you could write a book on his dirty tricks etc etc etc etc etc etc :down:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Usually like your take on things LPJambo and I know what you are getting at with Black's overexuberance but... The way the press has been fawning over all things Hunnish these last few weeks has been boke-enducing, Jelabitch, McGregor, Naismith etc... Feckin BOO! I feel like going into the sport editor's office at the Record and blowing stinky, cheesey carrot chunks all over his mingin and conceited Hun puss.

I was screaming at Black for his stupidity after that tackle and was amazed he got away with it but now I just think he took one for the team... Remember that when someone professionaly fouls one of ours, we do not get the column inches to greet and strop about it for the next three weeks, so perhaps the vermin from the weegia are right when they say that these things even themselves out over the course of the season... Karma baby!

gorgie rd eh11

Rangers a club that made hero's out of the likes of terry hurlock, graham roberts, graeme souness etc. A team that contains bawbags like kyle lafferty, lee mcculloch, alan mcgregor etc.

They've been bleating about Ian Black to their lackeys in the the media for a couple of weeks now and have had their wishes granted as Black has become the latest HMFC player to be demonised by the obedient press. Officials have had a license to treat Hearts players like mass murderers for a while now, Ian Black is the latest in a long line and will have to be aware that their will be no second chances for him.

Usually the players, whether they have met the guy or not, will come out with the stock comment "nobody goes out to injure each other......he's a decent lad and it's just unfortunate blah blah"

This, however, does smack of a being along the lines of "They're a big team and the ref will need to be strong" kind of crap and we may find ourselves back in the Refs bad books again :down:

Also I imagine the tackle was meant to be along the lines of Pressley's trip on Mikey Stewart in that infamous Falkirk cup tie at Tynie.

Unfortunately Black got too much of the player and wrapped his leg around the boys ankle too somehow?

FFS people get a grip, that is what is called taking one for the team

Opposition player is getting free in a dangerous position and you've not been booked then I want the fecker on the deck

Black should be applauded by Hearts fans not abused, leave that to the other muppets

I also recall many people quick to defend Pressley when he did that to Mikey Stewart in the Scottish Cup game at Tynie a couple of years ago denying him a good chance of an equaliser and effectively knocking us out, but he was doing it for his team so it's ok, what's the difference?

Mothy and John.

I'm not defending the article, as many have said it's typical pish that's spouted by an OF player. When an OF player is injured, it's like a Call To Arms to all the sports editors to hammer the player who commited it, unless it's an OF derby, in which case it was the sad result of a heated exchange...

I agree with TL, that it's a story that is being whipped up out of all proportion. What I ment by my post is that referees will justifiably be keeping an eye on Black, and I don't think it's down to some past it centre-forward, who was a little too friendly with the elbows throughout his career. It'll be down to the fact that Black has a bit of history when it comes to hacking someone down in a last ditch effort.

Whilst I think that Black is both a dirty player and that the tackle was a very bad one I din't think players were allowed to come out with such statements to the press. I await the SFA/SPL/PFA issuing a statement slating Beattie for his statement and the forthcoming 'bringing the game into disrepute charge'. :whistling:

I hope somebody injures Beattie this weekend the moaning, English ****

No need to worry mate, James (sicknote) Beattie will no doubt be back in his favourite position on Monday morning (the treatment table).woot.gifteehee.gif

Rangers a club that made hero's out of the likes of terry hurlock, graham roberts, graeme souness etc. A team that contains bawbags like kyle lafferty, lee mcculloch, alan mcgregor etc.

They've been bleating about Ian Black to their lackeys in the the media for a couple of weeks now and have had their wishes granted as Black has become the latest HMFC player to be demonised by the obedient press. Officials have had a license to treat Hearts players like mass murderers for a while now, Ian Black is the latest in a long line and will have to be aware that their will be no second chances for him.

:bravo:

Gregory House M.D.

Beattie is a disgusting fat has-been who obviously feels he has a divine right to pass judgement on players he has never met nor played against.

He slates that challenge but where's his comments on Bougherra's challenge on Calum.

If i remember correctly Kevin Thomson took a two-footed lunge at blackie with no attempt to win the ball whatsoever and had blackie's feet been planted he could've broke his legs... The media said nothing.

Alan McGregors assault on Calum, the press said nothing.

Typical weegie press bending over backwards to keep the great unwashed happy. Filth.

Is this the same James Beattie that headbutted the back of a defenders head while the fella was shielding the ball on the ground? That James Beattie.

It was cynical and it was a terrible tackle.

He couldn't possible have won the ball, he just kicked the guy.

If that had happened to one of our players, we would have been going mental.

Which is my view on the incident.

But I share the view, that has been expressed by many in this thread, that because it was Rangers' marquee summer signing that was hurt, the media have made a massive deal about it. I also don't think it was helped by the fact that we're on an international break and these welts need to fill column space.

Thats why he fouled him. To stop him getting into a goal scoring position. If Black had just ran along just behind the big fella, then he shot and scored Black would have been crucified.

Cynical foul? Yes. Terrible tackle? No it had to be done. Unfortunate injury? Yes.

This type of thing happens all the time in every game. Lionel Messi, Cesc Fabragas even Liam Miller, will do this during a game. 2 out of the 3 superstars, may just pull back a players arm, but thats no different to what Ian Black done.

Beattie is a disgusting fat has-been who obviously feels he has a divine right to pass judgement on players he has never met nor played against.

He slates that challenge but where's his comments on Bougherra's challenge on Calum.

If i remember correctly Kevin Thomson took a two-footed lunge at blackie with no attempt to win the ball whatsoever and had blackie's feet been planted he could've broke his legs... The media said nothing.

Typical weegie press bending over backwards to keep the great unwashed happy. Filth.

Can't believe I'm about to say this but...

THIS!!!

:mellow:

Gordon Ramsay

Brilliant tackle from Black as far as I'm concerned, he'l be a marked man for the game at Ibrox but I'm sure Big Kev will sort McCulloch out.

Cynical yes, terrible I don't think so.

I don't believe for one second the Black went into that tackle to injure Jelavic, more to just stop him getting forward.

No doubt, that's what football's about, tribalism is rife in football and much like when the press and everyone else got on Miko's back we all rallied round and supported him. I think the same will happen to Black.

His best EVER performance for us has been overshadowed by this tackle and it's a bit OTT IMO.

Francis Albert

Is this Beattie chap related to the one with the same name in the Record today whinging about how unfair it is that his mate "Greegs" is suspended for one game for aiming a kick at an opponent?

Black the villain, "Greegs" the hero. Who would have guessed it?

If that tackle had happened in any game involving non old firm teams we wouldn't have heard a second word about it. Had that tackle been from an old firm player against Ian Black we'd not be hearing about it. As it is, Black's card is now marked for good. He was already seen as a bit of a wild one, but now he's being painted as cynical, dirty and unacceptable. He's now an absolute stick on for an over zealous ref to exercise his card arm even more than usual.

Firstly Beattie seems to have a lot to say for himself one way and another.

Secondly I would have thought that slating another player in this way is tantamount to "bringing the game into disrepute".

Will anything happen to Beattie? I doubt it.

Aye I was right, this James Beattie

Everton manager David Moyes will discipline James Beattie after all for his headbutt on Chelsea defender William Gallas after admitting his striker was in the wrong.

The Scot initially defended the ?6million man, whose eighth-minute dismissal put Everton on the back foot in a game they eventually lost 1-0, claiming Gallas went to ground far too easily.

However, he has had a rethink after looking over the video evidence again and told the club?s official website: "Having had some time to reflect and, perhaps more significantly, having now had time to carefully study video recordings of Saturday?s game, I believe that I should set the record straight by conceding that the dismissal of James Beattie was right and correct."

? Copyright Press Association Ltd 2005, All Rights Reserved.

It was a cynical challenge which was probably correctly punished with a booking.

It just so happens that an injury occurs, which is unfortunate.

Mothy and John.

I'm not defending the article, as many have said it's typical pish that's spouted by an OF player. When an OF player is injured, it's like a Call To Arms to all the sports editors to hammer the player who commited it, unless it's an OF derby, in which case it was the sad result of a heated exchange...

I agree with TL, that it's a story that is being whipped up out of all proportion. What I ment by my post is that referees will justifiably be keeping an eye on Black, and I don't think it's down to some past it centre-forward, who was a little too friendly with the elbows throughout his career. It'll be down to the fact that Black has a bit of history when it comes to hacking someone down in a last ditch effort.

The thing that gets my goat about this type of thing is solely the way the aftermath is dealt with by refs and the press when an old firm player is involved. Let's face it if it had been Darren Mackie in tomorrows game that black injured we probably wouldn't even be speaking about it 2 weeks later and the refs would probably not have blacks " card marked " .

FFS people get a grip, that is what is called taking one for the team

Opposition player is getting free in a dangerous position and you've not been booked then I want the fecker on the deck

Black should be applauded by Hearts fans not abused, leave that to the other muppets

I also recall many people quick to defend Pressley when he did that to Mikey Stewart in the Scottish Cup game at Tynie a couple of years ago denying him a good chance of an equaliser and effectively knocking us out, but he was doing it for his team so it's ok, what's the difference?

I agree and to be fair he was. At the time of the incident the majority of fans in the ground clapped him due to his Taking one for the team tackle. I honestly hate this site when threads like this are started, we honestly have a bunch of moaning women on here.

Got to be honest LP I don't think it was all that bad a challenge.A booking yes but nothing more.

But he isn't good enough for us.

Malcolm Tucker

Credit where it's due HGW, spot on post!

gold-star3.jpg

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Aye, aye! Someone's got their beady little eye on JKB's most improved poster in the end of year awards mee thinks.

Seriously though, spot on.

If Black hadn't made that challenge and let Jelavic just go past him, he'd have been ripped apart by the only supporters he has to answer to.

The People's Chimp

I agree and to be fair he was. At the time of the incident the majority of fans in the ground clapped him due to his Taking one for the team tackle. I honestly hate this site when threads like this are started, we honestly have a bunch of moaning women on here.

Threads like this? Have you even read the OP?

If the boy hadn't been injured there would be nothing more said about it.

Clear as day yellow card, folk saying it was a disgusting or terrible tackle are at it. The amount of hun shite in the papers these days has reached epidemic levels - even compared to the hun shite we had to endure previously.

Gregory House M.D.

Aye, aye! Someone's got their beady little eye on JKB's most improved poster in the end of year awards mee thinks.

Seriously though, spot on.

It was my plan all along... :whistling:

Napoleon  Wilson

I thought Black had one of his best games for us and the foul he committed was very much in the 'take one for the team' bracket. He knew what he was doing, though I don't think he set out to injury the boy on purpose.

This :thumbsup:

And Beattie is a flabby england reject has-been

GoldenChed.png

The officials cant have it in for Hearts any more than they do now.

They are under orders from the GFA to cheat us because we have sussed them out.

I still would not like to be Ian Black from now on.

Boy the corrupt officials wont miss him.

Threads like this? Have you even read the OP?

Take it easy i wasnt having a dig at you, my gripe is that when a thread like this is started the usual pc brigade fire on and give it the high and mighty as if there is a moral code to be followed. I couldnt give a rats erse if Blackie broke his leg and meant it, the old firm have raped scottish football for years to serve only themselves and i wish nothing but the worst for them and everyone attached to them.

I agree 100% with your point by the way.

It was stupid needless tackle by Black (we had 4 defenders facing the ball and Rangers had only one other player up beside the lad who was tackled), but one thing it was not was reckless or dirty tackle. He just made contact and no more.

If Black hadn't made that challenge and let Jelavic just go past him, he'd have been ripped apart by the only supporters he has to answer to.

I absolutely agree with this. Black made the sort of foul that we don't really talk about. Their own Lee McCulloch makes them all the time. The sort of foul that the player knows he has little chance of getting the ball but thinks a foul further out is better than letting the guy have a run at goal. Having said that, it was a yellow card and never looked a dirty foul. A cynical foul but never a dirty foul. Had he been red carded for that I suspect we would have been outraged and the club would have complained about it.

BUT, the new R@ng*rs big money signing is injured and somebody needs to be the patsy.

If the boy hadn't been injured there would be nothing more said about it.

Clear as day yellow card, folk saying it was a disgusting or terrible tackle are at it. The amount of hun shite in the papers these days has reached epidemic levels - even compared to the hun shite we had to endure previously.

It was a "professional" foul, no more. Yellow yes. Slated no.

It was stupid needless tackle by Black (we had 4 defenders facing the ball and Rangers had only one other player up beside the lad who was tackled), but one thing it was not was reckless or dirty tackle. He just made contact and no more.

Sorry, but i disagree with that. The same could be said when Naismith picked up the ball prior to the winner. The tackle was ill timed it certainly wasnt needless.

Archived