Zal News

CornhillHearts

If true it also shows that those who said there was no money for Zal after Rudi signed know feck all

I don't think it is necessarily that simple. We always have some money available for things the owner feels will make a return financially. It is the money for players that will improve the laying squad for no financial return that seems to disappear so quickly after the season tickets are sold.

Selkirk_Jambo

He's been out for a good long time now, is it really a good idea to just thrown him back in to the team?

I thought the Lithuanian coach dropped him from the squad because he looked nowhere near match fit

BTW I like and rate Zal and would be very happy for him to re sign

Big Zal, Adrian & Bouzid would be a pretty imposing back three.

I'd rather we didn't play with a back 3 though. 4-5-1 (with two wingers) best suits the squad we have. With Wallace injured, we have no one with sufficient quality to play left wing back.

I'd rather we didn't play with a back 3 though. 4-5-1 (with two wingers) best suits the squad we have. With Wallace injured, we have no one with sufficient quality to play left wing back.

And your left back would be???

And your left back would be???

Of the options available for left back in a back 4, Palezuelos or Jason Thomson is probably as good as it gets. For left wing back, we'd need someone capable defensively but who also offers an attacking threat, such a player does not exist in the current squad. We'd be restricting the attacking threat to the right hand side of the team using a 3-5-2.

He's been out for a good long time now, is it really a good idea to just thrown him back in to the team?

I thought the Lithuanian coach dropped him from the squad because he looked nowhere near match fit

BTW I like and rate Zal and would be very happy for him to re sign

JJ says he's fit. He's been training with the squad this week and was included in the plans for today in terms of tactics etc I'm led to believe...whether this means he plays or not though is anyone's guess!

Did the Lith boss not drop him saying he wouldn't play again till he sorted his club future out?

Of the options available for left back in a back 4, Palezuelos or Jason Thomson is probably as good as it gets. For left wing back, we'd need someone capable defensively but who also offers an attacking threat, such a player does not exist in the current squad. We'd be restricting the attacking threat to the right hand side of the team using a 3-5-2.

CT and Wallace would make terrific wing backs.

Agreed, our current squad(Wallace included) is perfect for a 3-5-2, with as you say CT and LW both suited to an attacking and defensive roll!

Good post m8. Hav sum rep.

I've had a few laughs today and this is right up there with them. :thumbsup:

Excellent stuff. :lol:

I don't think Wallace would be too terrific whilst on crutches and CT is currently out through disciplinary issues, so who is filling in at wing back in the interim?

Zal can **** off the greedy *****.

Mroweic is a better CB and midfielder than Zal will ever be... he should stay at the heart of our defence.

What a badly timed post that was!!!!

Immense today!!! And the rest of the defence benefited from his presence!

Archived