Train to Aberdeen tomorrow?

Lambo85

Morning guys.

Getting the 8:29am train to Aberdeen tomorrow and have heard there is going to be an alchohol ban on all trains to Abderdeen. Can anyone confirm this?

Would be handy to know before I fill my bag with cans only to find I cant get on the train with them.

Seymour M Hersh

Morning guys.

Getting the 8:29am train to Aberdeen tomorrow and have heard there is going to be an alchohol ban on all trains to Abderdeen. Can anyone confirm this?

Would be handy to know before I fill my bag with cans only to find I cant get on the train with them.

I'd say it's a given they'll ban booze on all trains the sheepland that arrive in time for the game and all trains back to G.O.C. after the game.

I'd say it's a given they'll ban booze on all trains the sheepland that arrive in time for the game and all trains back to G.O.C. after the game.

That is brutal.

I thought they might have banned alchohol on trains from 10:30am onward but you guys reckon they will ban the first train going from Edinburgh to Aberdeen at 7:30am?

Spoke to my mate who went up to Inverness last season and he said they had no problem drinking on the trains at all.

You'd better phone the train people and ask.... just to be sure!

Anyways you'd be better jumping on one of the supporters buses! :thumbsup:

Morning guys.

We got the 06:23 train to Inverness and had alcohol confiscated at Waverley by the Police!

They said that ALL trains have an Alcohol ban on a Saturday :angry:

We got the 06:23 train to Inverness and had alcohol confiscated at Waverley by the Police!

Looks like Iam going to have to take the cans out my bag and put a pack of cards and travel the Snakes & Ladders in. Either that or I am going to be twiddling my thumbs all the way up to Aberdeen. :down:

Looks like Iam going to have to take the cans out my bag and put a pack of cards and travel the Snakes & Ladders in. Either that or I am going to be twiddling my thumbs all the way up to Aberdeen. :down:

Perfect, I'll send my wee boy to sit with you while I'm in the buffet car drinking :whistling:

The People's Chimp

That's just lies. I bought a few tins from the buffet car when I was coming through for the huns game.

That's just lies. I bought a few tins from the buffet car when I was coming through for the huns game.

Agreed, anytime I've taken the Edinburgh - Glasgow train for games in the last year or so we have been able to have a wee drink from the trolly that comes around. Same for when we travelled to Tannadice last season

mahgrassyshoes

There was a booze ban on the Inverness train last month but me and my mate walked on with 2 crates on the way up no problems. Managed to bring some pre-mix on the way back down. Just depends on your luck i guess.

Why the **** would I want to Lie??That's what I was told...The buffet car on that Train had no alcohol going up to Inverness OR Back to Edinburgh!!

We were also searched before getting back on the Train!! :angry:

I was able to take beers through to Glasgow on the train for the Celtic game a few weeks back. Hopefully wont have any problems tomorrow.

Who decides on these alcohol bans? I always wondered about that. Would it be Scotrail themselves, the British Transport Police or even Grampian Police?

The People's Chimp

Why the **** would I want to Lie??That's what I was told...The buffet car on that Train had no alcohol going up to Inverness OR Back to Edinburgh!!

We were also searched before getting back on the Train!! :angry:

I was saying that the polis were telling lies, not you. You said the police claimed that all trains have alcohol bans on a saturday and I was saying that they were lying.

Romanov Stole My Pension

I didn't have any problems taking alcohol on trains to Aberdeen from Edinburgh last season, I thought the bans only affected trains to Inverness on match day.

Lucky my train heads up from Glasgow so don't anticipate any problems :thumbsup:

There will also be a ban on the 10:25 East Coast Service to Aberdeen! Our mob has only just started the alcahol ban in the past year. Can blame yon engerlish fans for that. Too much trouble on the trains so they just do a carpet ban on all bevy brought on and sold on train. Pity cause the vast majority of fans are well behaved.

The People's Chimp

There will also be a ban on the 10:25 East Coast Service to Aberdeen! Our mob has only just started the alcahol ban in the past year. Can blame yon engerlish fans for that. Too much trouble on the trains so they just do a carpet ban on all bevy brought on and sold on train. Pity cause the vast majority of fans are well behaved.

You could also point the finger of blame at a certain bawbag hobo with a lighter and a careless disregard for the flammability of synthetic sheep costumes.

Hearts Heritage

inverness is the only game you cant drink on a scotrail train and you will be fine going to aberdeen

'Noodle' posted a photo on Facebook of the poster showing that the trains were dry to Aberdeen tomorrow. see attached.

post-135-084102400 1287161179_thumb.jpg

'Noodle' posted a photo on Facebook of the poster showing that the trains were dry to Aberdeen tomorrow. see attached.

i stand corrected, ive drank on the way to aberdeen a few times so this must be a new thing

if you put a few cans in your pocket iam sure it would be ok as the police will just be watching at waverley for guys getting on with cases of beer

Archived